Author Topic: Getting Rid of Bad Bacteria?  (Read 8662 times)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Getting Rid of Bad Bacteria?
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:53:58 pm »
I was reading the site http://www.microbialinfluence.com/
and got me thinking...how do you get rid of LPS claimed by the site..?

Do you just up your immune system and expect your immune system to do its job?

Reason why Im asking is because it is claimed by the site to be linked with allergy, candida, thyroid and many issues

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Getting Rid of Bad Bacteria?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:15:01 pm »
Gram negative bacteria on the skin can be killed by creams and ointments.  We got rid of my son's stage of his eczema with topicals bought from the drug store.  We used FUSIDIC ACID.

If the bacteria is internal, you can use BEAM RAY treatments to get rid of them.

If they are in your guts, you can overwhelm them by taking overdoses of various probiotic brands.  Pick your best ones.  Take 5 to 10x overdose for 1 week each.  Try 3 to 4 brands.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:20:30 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:42:29 pm »
Hi BadBoy. One of the things microbial influence.com shows for treatments is antibiotic use, but as you can see they don't advocate it as those bad bacteria come back, typically in greater numbers when the antibiotic use is over.

Something you may want to look into is the specific carbohydrate diet, or SCD for short.

The premise of the SCD is that complex carbs, ie those in starchy foods, require various digestive procceses to break down those carbs into simple sugars (the only kind of carbs the body absorbs). What happens is the digestive tract isn't able to break it down fully when the digestive tract is compromised (think leaky gut), so what's left over goes to the lower intestine and feeds bacteria. Causing bacterial overgrowth of bad strains of bacteria.

What the SCD does allow is simple carbs. Simple carbs require virtually no digestive process, since they're simple carbs they're immediately absorbed in the upper intestine. Leaving no carbs to feed bacteria. There's even an entire list of legal and illegal carbs. If you want to follow a raw diet, while still doing SCD, you just eat the raw scd legal carbs.

Something recommended on the SCD is 24 hour yogurt, which is high in probiotics. It's not very paleo, and you'd be getting a bunch of strains that aren't likely to colonize the gut of someone on a natural diet. What I recommend is various fermented foods. Besides high meat, you could look into the book "Wild Fermentation." The book has tons of ferments you can make with SCD legal ingredients.

The purpose of the fermented food is to replenish with good bacteria as the bad bacteria die off. You'd be eating SCD legal carbs raw, with high quality animal foods raw. And various fermented foods like sauerkraut, pickles, fermented honey, high meat, and anything else you can ferment for the good bacteria.

Here's a link with the science behind the diet - http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Here's the legal/illegal list (legal foods are allowed, illegal ones aren't). http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/listing/

Something that makes Raw-SCD even better than regular SCD is that the makers of the SCD didn't consider animal food digestibility. This is just theory. But since raw animal foods digest so much better, maybe cooked animal foods still feed bacteria in the gut. It's a possibility, and can explain why it takes some SCD'ers so long to recover.

Something else that's interesting to note, is that on the eat wild website under food safety - http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html - it shows how grass fed cows have very low levels of e.coli, and various other bad bacteria. It makes sense that grass is the cow's natural diet, so bad bacteria don't thrive in their digestive tracts. But when you feed them grains, the bacteria mutate into dangerous strains.

The same is true for humans, and that's the exact premise of the SCD. And raw SCD is even better than regular SCD.

I suggest reading "Breaking the Vicious Cycle." The book will give you an understanding of just how strict you need to be for the diet to work. As well as the real science behind it. Of course, your goal would be to eat 100% raw-SCD. However if you HAD to cheat for whatever reason, you'd stay within the bounds of the SCD. Which would essentially still be paleo (SCD is like strict paleo). So your cheat meal would be cooked meat with SCD legal seasonings. Not french fries.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:46:00 pm by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:02:37 pm »
BTW, in case I didn't make it clear..

I was reading the site http://www.microbialinfluence.com/
and got me thinking...how do you get rid of LPS claimed by the site..?

Do you just up your immune system and expect your immune system to do its job?

Reason why Im asking is because it is claimed by the site to be linked with allergy, candida, thyroid and many issues

That type of diet would address the problems with LPS, allergy, candida, thyroid, etc. It would also help with the immune system.

Again, read "Breaking the Vicious Cycle."

I plan to start up the diet again soon. I'd eat only SCD legal raw carbs, raw animal foods, and water. All my supplements contain legal additives. No maltodextrin, corn starch, etc.

It's really a good diet. If you follow it correctly it's worth it, and not much different from raw paleo any way.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:06:26 pm »
BTW, in case I didn't make it clear..

That type of diet would address the problems with LPS, allergy, candida, thyroid, etc. It would also help with the immune system.

Again, read "Breaking the Vicious Cycle."

I plan to start up the diet again soon. I'd eat only SCD legal raw carbs, raw animal foods, and water. All my supplements contain legal additives. No maltodextrin, corn starch, etc.

It's really a good diet. If you follow it correctly it's worth it, and not much different from raw paleo any way.

Can you share sample daily menus so we have a good picture of raw scd?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »
The possibilities are literally endless since you can eat any combination of raw scd legal carbs and raw animal foods.

But a daily menu might be...

Breakfast - 6 oz grass fed beef, 1 oz suet

Lunch- 6 oz Lamb heart, 1 oz suet

Dinner - 6 oz salmon, 1 tbls coconut oil (centrifuged)

Snacks throughout the day - almonds, mango, banana with brown spots, blueberries

Of course you can eat any combination of animal foods - organs, muscle meat, seafood. And the carbs just have to be on the legal list - which s almost all fruits, veggies and nuts. You decide based on preference and digestion which foods to eat.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:02:29 pm »
Looks like I'm on SCD.

What are the illegal raw carbohydrates?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:42:22 am »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:25 am »
More info describing the diet, direct from their website - http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/about-the-diet/

"The allowed carbohydrates are monosaccharides and have a single molecule structure that allow them to be easily absorbed by the intestine wall. Complex carbohydrates which are disaccharides (double molecules) and polysaccharides (chain molecules) are not allowed. Complex carbohydrates that are not easily digested feed harmful bacteria in our intestines causing them to overgrow producing by products and inflaming the intestine wall. The diet works by starving out these bacteria and restoring the balance of bacteria in our gut."

Describes the type of carbs allowed and not allowed on the diet ^

"The Specific Carbohydrate Dietâ„¢ is biologically correct because it is species appropriate. The allowed foods are mainly those that early man ate before agriculture began. The diet we evolved to eat over millions of years was predominantly one of meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, nuts, low-sugar fruits. Our modern diet including starches, grains, pasta, legumes, and breads has only been consumed for a mere 10,000 years. In the last hundred years the increase in complex sugars and chemical additives in the diet has led to a huge increase in health problems ranging from severe bowel disorders to obesity and brain function disorders. We have not adapted to eat this modern diet as there has not been enough time for natural selection to operate. It therefore makes sense to eat the diet we evolved with."

Relating it somewhat to paleo ^

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:07 am »
thanks for the info, i just found the book and am currently reading through it
so i take it as your view of carbs is that as long as it's easily digested in the upper tract, it will aid in digestion and help eliminate candida and various problems caused by the overgrowth of bad bacteria and yeast?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 05:06:34 am »
thanks for the info, i just found the book and am currently reading through it
so i take it as your view of carbs is that as long as it's easily digested in the upper tract, it will aid in digestion and help eliminate candida and various problems caused by the overgrowth of bad bacteria and yeast?

Exactly. It's not necessarily about the quantity of carbs, but the type of carbs. I'm not saying to go overboard on carbs either.

Something they used to say on the SCD yahoo group was that even ONE crumb of bread can feed bacteria living in a biofilm for weeks. So even if you limit carb intake, but eating complex carbs like those in seaweeds. You're potentially feed bacteria in the lower GI.

But you've got the jist of it. It you're eating foods that don't absorb, ie. cooked meats, cooked fats, and non-scd carbs. All of that will go to the lower digestive tract and the bacteria and other things living there will feast on it.

If you eat raw meats, raw fats, and raw-scd carbs it'll all get absorbed higher up, and there won't be anything to feed those organisms in the lower digestive tract.

I think this way of eating will also starve out parasites. Parasites need nourishment like any other animal, and if all they get is fiber and cellulose, they'll die. This is my belief and not proven of course.

But when I started raw-SCD/switched from cooked scd to raw scd. I notice loads of white stuff coming out on my stool which looked like the white stuff on my tongue, that disapeared around that same time. Also I noticed long worm like strings in my stool, that I think were dead parasites.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:35:14 am »
I tend to doubt (even though I am very low carb) that ALL the simple carbs get taken up, unless one is  limiting the amount to a great degree.   

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:54 pm »
I tend to doubt (even though I am very low carb) that ALL the simple carbs get taken up, unless one is  limiting the amount to a great degree.   

I disagree. Mainly because when I first started I ate loads of SCD-legal carbs with raw animal foods, and the white stuff on my tongue cleared up. I saw parasite looking things in my stool.

I was very strict, I never cheated. I was eating A LOT of carbs.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:00 am »
Surely there are plenty of bacteria in the upper digestive tract too?

Also, don't numerous species of parasite just "hook-up" to our blood supply and feed on the nutrients, including sugars, in our blood?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 04:04:59 am »
Surely there are plenty of bacteria in the upper digestive tract too?

Also, don't numerous species of parasite just "hook-up" to our blood supply and feed on the nutrients, including sugars, in our blood?

There's some bacteria in the upper GI, but not much. From my understanding having lots of bacteria in the upper GI is a bad thing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:20:57 am by DaBoss88 »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:43 am »
Yup, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) is a bad thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth

"Unlike the colon (or large bowel), which is rich with bacteria, the small bowel usually has fewer than 104 organisms per milliliter."

"Patients with bacterial overgrowth typically develop symptoms including nausea, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, malnutrition, weight loss and malabsorption [2] which is caused by a number of mechanisms."

Treatment
"A diet void of certain foods that feed the bacteria can help alleviate the symptoms. For example if the symptoms are caused by bacterial overgrowth on complex carbohydrate rich foods (for example bread), eating light food consisting of fruits and green leafy vegetables may substantially lessen the symptoms."

To summarize: eliminating complex carbs/SCD illegal foods, and eating only simple carbs/SCD legal carbs, will resolve the issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk