Author Topic: Well, on you tube video, it is presented, ancient Eskimo diet was dangerous  (Read 5105 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Here is the you tube video where this guy is saying that even hundreds yrs ago Eskimo died from heart disease. What do u think?
Primitive Nutrition 27: The Eskimo Model, Part I
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Nothing too surprising in either video to me. I don't see them as being contradictory, just emphasizing different parts of the same big story.

Inuit live in a very harsh environment and their tendency to make fires in closed shelters would lead to all sorts of health problems due to chronic exposure to smoke, soot and combustion byproducts like polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are known to have toxic effects. I suspect their heart disease had something to do with these exposures, and their high parasite load due to the weakened immune system chronic exposure would cause. And they didn't eat all of their food raw anyway, so chronic exposure to heat created toxins, particularly those from cooked or even worse smoked fat didn't help.

I'm not one to recommend extreme diets anyway. Moderate carb, moderate fat, moderate protein, minimize seed (grain, legumes, nuts) consumption due to the anti-nutrient content.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I have been up where they lived (Inuvik, Iqaluit, Saglek) and it is an extreme climate.

Inuvik is 68.18 North and Iqaluit is 63.46 North. No trees in Iqaluit, but small trees in Inuvik, because of the prevailing winds off the north Pacific I suppose. Saglek Newfoundland and Labrador @ 58.28 North has no trees, grasses, moss or anything living on the ground. You have to see it to believe it. I got down on my knees and could see nothing but rock and dirt.

Just the fact that these people were able to live there is totally mind blowing. It's a different reality.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk