Author Topic: Tell me your story!!  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Tell me your story!!
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:43:29 pm »
Yes, Im interested in hearing stories of people's journey to health.
But I want the frightening, uncomfortable kind of tales.
I havent had smooth sailing, I just want to know that Im not alone, and that people have gone through much worse than I have been through haha.

Im really interested in this, so I really hope at least a couple of people tell me about what they've been through when it comes to the transition to raw paleo.
 I like happy endings too, no devastating endings please.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Tell me your story!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:59:45 pm »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »
At 18 I had my first "episode." Before that I had symptoms though. In large groups I thought people's laughter was directed at me (laughing at me). I behaved strangely.

I was put on meds, but stopped them shortly after leaving the hospital. I had a second episode about a year later.  That time I stayed on the meds.

I gained a lot of weight and I was miserable. The negative symptoms were devastating. I was always tired. I couldn't keep my eyes open and some times I'd fall asleep in the worst situations (like at work).

I looked into natural treatments to counter the hair loss caused by my meds. And I thought if it those natural treatments worked for the hair loss, surely they'd work for my illness.

So I spent a few months just adding b vitamins, flax seed oil, and other supplements. But none of them "did it for me." I later heard about niacin. Bought Dr. Abram Hoffer's book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments." It had all the info I needed to start taking niacin.

I started on the niacin, and almost instantly I noticed benefits. After a couple weeks on the full dose, I was a different person. I found a better job, and started the specific carbohydrate diet.

It helped, but it also wasn't "the magic bullet" I was looking for. Just like the b vitamins, and flax seed oil didn't do it for me, the same is true for SCD.

However I found out about raw paleo, and suddenly my world had changed. I started eating raw, and for the first time in years I started having an active sex life. I felt much better.

How ever it was short lived. As per the recommendations of users on the forum I stopped my supplements when I started raw paleo. And within 2 months I had relapsed and lost my good job.

Lesson learned though. RPD minus the supplements doesn't do anything for me. I spent a few months eating raw and had no "real" results. However when I restarted the supplements with some raw foods, the results were better than supplements + strict SCD. Raw animal foods have real healing abilities.

So soon I'll be on my supplements, and eating a raw version of the SCD, which I feel is the most effective thing I can do for myself.

I've also gotten some friends in the south florida area  who are facing different health problems to try my version of raw paleo, which I think is pretty cool.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:42 pm »
SCD? What's that?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:06 pm »
SCD? What's that?
  SCD= Specific Carbohydrate Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk