Author Topic: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:43:54 am »
"Your normal cells have the metabolic flexibility to adapt from using glucose to using ketone bodies. But cancer cells lack this metabolic flexibility. So we can exploit that," Dr. D'Agostino explained.

Read:
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/December/Starving-Cancer-Ketogenic-Diet-a-Key-to-Recovery/

Watch:
http://youtu.be/OxhNMzIzs3M
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:31:16 am by alive »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Starving Cancer: Ketogenic Diet a Key to Recovery
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:14:44 am »
in support of this, i posted a publication a while ago showing that a woman's brain tumor began to shrink while on a ketogenic diet, and started to grow again when carbs were re-introduced.

William

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:10 am »
~1930 Nobel prize winner Otto Warburg showed that "cancer cannot exist in a properly oxygenated sytem" and that cancer must have blood sugar to grow.

Put those two together, and we have the raw zero carbohydrate diet (pemmican) supplemented with the iodine protocol.

People keep re-discovering this, and must, because Big Pharma/medicine, politicians, trolls etc. keep hiding/suppressing it. Lots of money and power in pushing psychotropic plant-source "foods".

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:56 pm »
Put those two together, and we have the raw zero carbohydrate diet (pemmican) supplemented with the iodine protocol.

Speaking of pemmican...

William, do we really need organ meats in the long run? What do you think? What is your experience?

I could eat these fantastic tasting raw dry aged New York strip loin steaks every single day. The longer I follow a raw paleo diet, the more I dislike the taste of all organs.

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:50 am »
My guess is,  as with others, the taste will come.   For instance with liver,  try hanging it in your fridge a weed before eating.  With beef heart, age it like your steaks, and slice it thin.    But I agree,  just bought some steaks last night, had been a while, and yes  they are good. 

William

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:53 pm »
Speaking of pemmican...

William, do we really need organ meats in the long run? What do you think? What is your experience?

I don't know.  I've thought of Lex's experience, but I can't get the innards that he gets, so I supplement for the missing essential minerals that are not in grass-finished beef from Eastern Ontario with the iodine protocol.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/139Xa8u8kgNVT-K17TxYvsM7qsSfusxyvloIXWbU92rg/edit?pli=1

I think that this is working, so far so good, but it also seems to be a very long road I've taken.
(I'm no longer deaf in right ear! HaHa! I win! Even works for old fahrts (sp intentional  :) ).

My experience has been limited to grass-finished liver ( easy to eat raw) and feed lot kidney. I can't eat kidney raw. Those who can do so must either be Superman or have no sense of taste.
Neither seemed to do any good.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »
>> I can't eat kidney raw.

I like goat kidneys and ate quite a lot of it.
I just ate beef kidneys 2 days ago.

Lately I eat them not as much as I used to. 
Must be an instinct thing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 12:02:04 am »
My guess is,  as with others, the taste will come.

After 10 years on a paleo diet?? LOL!

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:04:05 am »
I don't know.  I've thought of Lex's experience, but I can't get the innards that he gets, so I supplement for the missing essential minerals that are not in grass-finished beef from Eastern Ontario with the iodine protocol.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/139Xa8u8kgNVT-K17TxYvsM7qsSfusxyvloIXWbU92rg/edit?pli=1

I think that this is working, so far so good, but it also seems to be a very long road I've taken.

How long have you been on a pemmican + supps diet diet?

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 05:02:51 am »
maybe I got you mixed up with another here, but I thought you recently had been enjoying lots of coconut and fish as your mainstay?    Either way, I think you'd enjoy the liver as described before.  When I want it,  I can't imagine anyone not liking it, paleo or not,, especially when eaten  with fat.

William

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 05:31:05 am »
How long have you been on a pemmican + supps diet diet?

Löwenherz

Started full power with the iodine protocol November 2011.    (full power is =>100mg/day Lugol's)

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:11 am »
Gent, I must disappoint you: I know the man who kept the strict RP for more then 10 yrs, the diet a la Lex but every other day!!! (he ate once every other day) He did it after first outbreak of prostate cancer. It was bad surprise when he discovered the big shit again. The doctors saved him this time removing all tumors during two operations. Thus the strict RP diet helps but not 100% bulletproof cure. IMHO, any our experiments must be controlled by standard methods (blood work, x-rays etc)
Health and peace...

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:11 am »
Gent, I must disappoint you: I know the man who kept the strict RP for more then 10 yrs, the diet a la Lex but every other day!!! (he ate once every other day) He did it after first outbreak of prostate cancer. It was bad surprise when he discovered the big shit again. The doctors saved him this time removing all tumors during two operations. Thus the strict RP diet helps but not 100% bulletproof cure. IMHO, any our experiments must be controlled by standard methods (blood work, x-rays etc)
Health and peace...

Could you please give us some more details?

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:37 am »
 I share the opinion that large amounts of meat/protein eaten at one meal is toxic.  I spent several hours in consultation with Dr. Rosedale, and mentioned how the Bear ate and quantities.  He was very quick to give his opinion that Bear would have continuing cancers.    I think too often we look at carnivores, like lions, or wolves, and describe their gorging on meat as something that is good for us.  Rosedale is one of the few who continually points out that nature didn't intend for 'us' to live long extended life spans, but just long enough to pass along our knowledge and protection to our offspring.    In short he believes long healthy life spans for humans are a result of keeping blood sugars level and low, all the time. 

William

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 06:35:40 am »
Health and peace...

Malnutrition.  He was iodine deficient, probably also selenium deficient and boron deficient.

And, did he really eat 80% animal fat by calories?

William

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:43:48 am »
I share the opinion that large amounts of meat/protein eaten at one meal is toxic.  I spent several hours in consultation with Dr. Rosedale, and mentioned how the Bear ate and quantities.  He was very quick to give his opinion that Bear would have continuing cancers.    I think too often we look at carnivores, like lions, or wolves, and describe their gorging on meat as something that is good for us.  Rosedale is one of the few who continually points out that nature didn't intend for 'us' to live long extended life spans, but just long enough to pass along our knowledge and protection to our offspring.    In short he believes long healthy life spans for humans are a result of keeping blood sugars level and low, all the time. 

Yes, we know that large amounts of meat is toxic. It's large amounts of pure animal fat that we must concentrate on.
Why do people keep forgetting this?

Bear ate cooked meat, cheated with ice cream, never discovered the iodine protocol.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »
EMF's are a huge issue, increasing cancer rates.
Radiowaves too.. and the EMF pollution is exploding in our world today....! It is way not enough to eat clean.. you need much more to protect yourself.
I think we need more seafood too than meat. If the guy that got cancer eat mostly read meat.. like Lex.. this is nothing I would do or could recommend today. And as said above the fat % should be high.

The Bear used artificial sweeteners too.... known to cause cancer... dairy... played music in a band = lots of EMF's..

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »

Wow, very interesting! I tried to reach Ron Rosedale but he doesn't offer consulatation any more. At least most of the year. He seems to travel a lot.

Rosedale is VERY skeptical about protein intake. From my feeling he is overanxious. And don't forget that he usually thinks about cooked protein, like all others. Cooked meat feels indeed very very toxic in my body. It's completely impossible for me to eat more than small amounts of cooked animal protein. But raw meat feels OK and not toxic at all. Of course, this is just a feeling.

What was your impression of Ron Rosedale? I find his thoughts about longevity too pessimistic. BTW: Nora Gedgaudas seems to have absorbed Rosedales teachings par for par..

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 06:47:07 pm »
Malnutrition.  He was iodine deficient, probably also selenium deficient and boron deficient.

... and possibly folate deficient.

But why selenium? Beef is full of Se afaik.

Löwenherz

William

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:31 pm »
... and possibly folate deficient.

But why selenium? Beef is full of Se afaik.

Löwenherz

Se is not evenly distributed over the earth's surface, so deficiency could be possible in beef, then there is the problem of modern farming where fertilizers replace only a few minerals.
Se is part of the iodine protocol, must balance with iodine to avoid thyroid trouble.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 12:52:49 am »
I found Ron to be exceptionally good at having a real two way conversation; that is he could listen and react as well as inform.  That's pretty rare with MD's.   Very thoughtful, caring and present.  I don't know what you mean by pessimistic?  He's overly optimistic when it comes to increasing one's life span due to keeping Leptin and Insulin levels controlled.   Protein intake is something I don't think he looks at necessarily as toxic, but more as how excess is converted to energy as opposed to repair and building, and thus the excess increases insulin and inflamation  etc.  I would have to go back and reread his papers to give exact science or reasoning.    Again, I appreciate his out of the box thinking as regards to how we weren't supposed to live forever....

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:04:34 pm »
How old is Ron Rosedale? His photo on his website does not look youthful at all. That is why I feel skeptical about his diet theories. But if he is very aged in biological age, then I might give his theories another look.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 12:20:59 pm »
I don't know.  I have to admit, I saw him on a panel recently and he did look aged.  I'll try to find it.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 10:03:01 pm »
He's overly optimistic when it comes to increasing one's life span due to keeping Leptin and Insulin levels controlled.   Protein intake is something I don't think he looks at necessarily as toxic, but more as how excess is converted to energy as opposed to repair and building, and thus the excess increases insulin and inflamation  etc.

He seems to be very theoretical in all his thoughts.

How can it be that many starch eaters reach a very high age?

Ron Rosedale believes that it is good to keep our insulin levels as low as possible. Endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein believes that chronically too low insulin levels have adverse effects on our hormonal system and overall health. We are a confused species..

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:19:08 pm by Löwenherz »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:35 pm »
How old is Ron Rosedale? His photo on his website does not look youthful at all. That is why I feel skeptical about his diet theories. But if he is very aged in biological age, then I might give his theories another look.
His secretary told me that he is now 62 years old.

Here is a video with Ron Rosedale from last year:

Ron Rosedale, M.D.—The Deeper Roots of Health and Diet as Told by Our Ancestor’s Ancestors on Vimeo
Does he look younger than "normal" people at his age? Hmm.

I'm convinced that his concept contains a huge mistake. He says "only fat is free fuel". According to his book he seems to believe that ALL fats are ok, including unsaturated plant fats. PUFAs accelerate aging more than any other substance, imo. And then there are some absurd recipes in his book, for example baked almonds! Heated PUFAs age us even faster..

From my experience, his recommendation for protein intake is way too low.

In his last newsletter email my 'good friend' Greg Ellis wrote that his protein intake was as high as 400 grams per day. LOL!

Human Protein Needs Part 1

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk