Author Topic: Greetings from NE Kansas!  (Read 6801 times)

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Greetings from NE Kansas!
« on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:50 am »
Hello everybody, my name is Ryan. I've been lurking these forums somewhat for the past 4 months or so and taking in information from everyone's experiences. Starting about a year ago I started to cook my meat less and less with the belief in mind that raw was better. I'd come across a lot of information regarding raw foods and I started to consume them regularly. Though this information only pertained to raw plant foods, I couldn't see how the same didn't apply to animal sourced as well. When I came across this forum and the idea of eating totally raw animal foods, I was amazed. So about three months ago, I went cold turkey and started eating totally raw meat. I'm not one easily bothered by drastic changes when it comes to improving my health, so it took me only a matter of days to adjust to totally raw meat. I've been purchasing from Slanker's, but I plan to find a local source soon enough as to avoid freezing. It's been very difficult for me to note specific changes in my health because they just come too quickly! I'm only 21 years old, but I was in absolutely abysmal shape only a couple years ago. I had been overweight since I was 8 years old due to eating a diet consisting primarily of processed foods and sugar. I would gorge myself like no other. If I was full, it didn't matter. I could always eat more. This destruction of my body was compounded by the fact that I did not regularly exercise and I was a video game addict. I would sit in front of my tv or computer screen and play games for 10 hours a day. I developed structural imbalances due to this and the lack of supportive muscle tissue. By the time I was 18 years old, I weighed in at 330 lbs. I often experienced sharp chest pains and numbness of the left arm. The depression was overwhelming. Suicide was a regular thought for me. But here I am -- 150lbs lighter than before and on the road to recovery! I think I might make a thread in the before and after section to show my progress and further discuss what I've overcome.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:47:12 pm by Ragouki »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from NE Kansas!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 12:03:50 pm »
Welcome! Congrats on making the switch and I hope you continue to experience the benefits.

I think I might make a thread in the before and after section to show my progress and further discuss what I've overcome.

Please do. Also, consider making a journal where you could track the changes in your health and inform members (and people considering RAF) of your progress.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »
Welcome! Congrats on making the switch and I hope you continue to experience the benefits.

Please do. Also, consider making a journal where you could track the changes in your health and inform members (and people considering RAF) of your progress.

I definitely will tomorrow. I haven't given much thought to writing a journal, but I will keep that in mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum! What type of RVAF diet are you currently doing?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »
welcome   :)   where in kansas are you?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:06:35 am »
Welcome to Ragouki!
I like your incisive way to handle  things. Looks like you're headed for a complete and lasting success!  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:11:14 am »
Welcome to the forum! What type of RVAF diet are you currently doing?

Currently, I'm focusing on low carb. I've toyed around with different amounts of carbs and come to the conclusion that less is better. For a little over a week I went a bit nuts with fruit. Nothing close to that of a fruitarian, but I was eating a fair share. After this expirement, I immediately limited my fruit. It seemed to bring out many of the mental problems I thought I had rid myself of. After that I returned to the calm and clear headed state I remembered in just a couple days.

welcome   :)   where in kansas are you?

In the capital, Topeka.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:10 am »
It seems fruits trigger the elimination of previously eaten and accumulated carbohydrates, particularly the abnormal ones contained in wheat.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline hassafras

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:06 am »
It seems fruits trigger the elimination of previously eaten and accumulated carbohydrates, particularly the abnormal ones contained in wheat.

Interesting. I've never actually heard this before. It very well may be a possibility as my sad days are not far behind me.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:45 am »

Or he could just be experiencing the usual mental problems that overeating fruit and undereating fat cause.  That's my guess. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:39 pm »
What makes you think that:

1.) Ragouki overate fruits and underate fats?
2.) overeating fruits and undereating fat usually cause mental problems?

AFAIK, fruits don’t contain opioids like wheat does. All the long and meticulous experiments done by GCB and friends showed that mental troubles, especially aggressiveness, are caused by wheat consumption. This has been confirmed later by other researchers, see for example
http://disweb.dis.unimelb.edu.au/staff/gwadley/msc/WadleyMartinAgriculture.html
http://www.nutramed.com/eatingdisorders/addictivefoods.htm

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 12:56:29 am »
overeating fruits, sugars,  does cause hormonal swings which do affect mood, supports yeasts and other sugar loving organisms in bodies, which in turn their by products/toxins affect mental outlook.  The term 'overeating' was used...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 01:00:58 am »
What makes you think that:

1.) Ragouki overate fruits and underate fats?
2.) overeating fruits and undereating fat usually cause mental problems?

AFAIK, fruits don’t contain opioids like wheat does. All the long and meticulous experiments done by GCB and friends showed that mental troubles, especially aggressiveness, are caused by wheat consumption. This has been confirmed later by other researchers, see for example
http://disweb.dis.unimelb.edu.au/staff/gwadley/msc/WadleyMartinAgriculture.html
http://www.nutramed.com/eatingdisorders/addictivefoods.htm

I experienced anxiety and dread on a high-fruit, low-fat diet.  AV also mentions this in his book.  In addition, I've heard many people who've tried that diet also mention those problems.

People who eat too much fruit and not enough fat tend to be nervous, anxious, filled with dread, have mood swings, and be too "sensitive".  When someone mentions eating a lot of fruit, and then says they are having mental problems, my first guess is that they are causing those mental problems with the fruit.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 02:56:35 am »
Sure, too  much is... too much!

The thing is that once detox has started, normal, natural sugars compounds and other nutrients of fruits are used by the body to replace abnormal molecules from wheat and other cooked food  which have been accumulated in cells for lack of better suited substances . These are expelled, but to get out of the body starting from the cells, there no other way than transiting by the lymph and blood, as I already said.

Thus it's rather difficult to know if the reactions you mention are caused by the fruits themselves or by the abnormal molecules they displace. As fruits contain no opioids and as these reactions lessen with time (months and years), it's logical to infer that they are not directly caused by the fruits themselves.   
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:31:38 am by TylerDurden »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:43 am »
Iguana, hi, I thought you  might offer that.  I agree to some part.  You may have read of my accounts of eating raw tuna several times a week (right after one of my trips to Montrame), and not just every so often when I would go to a sushi bar, and from that frequency, having expelled cups and cups of discharge from bowels that went on for almost a month  (I was on the phone more than once getting 'encouragement' from Montrame).  I ate tuna (canned) at least three times a week from probably the age of five to 19.  So I know first hand about displacing molecules from damaged/heated foods.   But fruit,  I've done my share of fruit.  Probably have eaten as much as any one here.  I went raw when I was 19-20 and have been ever since except for a year or two experimenting with macro-biotics.   And haven't touched wheat since my late teens either,, including the macro trial, and that was maybe 25 years ago.  Thus, I think I can register the difference between what  the body is using to cleanse and substitute for intact or preferred molecules, and what is a sugar experiment in my body.   I think a lot of people here who have problems eating a lot of fruit are like myself,  having abused myself with too much fruit/sugar for years.  The continual spiking of blood sugars, the inevitable ensuing insulin resistance with associated hormonal triggerings have played out far to long with at least me.  Not to mention the whole discussion as to how it can feed what ever level of Candida one might have, as opposed to replacing sugar with fat for fuel. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »
Free info is great.  21 years old and information at your fingertips! 
In the future, this will all be common knowledge.
Welcome, you made it through the rain!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:37 am »
nice reply Iguana,  I understand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk