Author Topic: Milk causes increase in estrogen & significant decrease in testosterone in men?  (Read 12210 times)

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
So I was planning to start consuming more raw milk because I like it, until I found this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows.

RESULTS:
After the intake of cow milk, serum estrone (E1) and progesterone concentrations significantly increased, and serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone significantly decreased in men. Urine concentrations of E1, estradiol, estriol and pregnanediol significantly increased in all adults and children. In four out of five women, ovulation occurred during the milk intake, and the timing of ovulation was similar among the three menstrual cycles.

I definitely don't want my testosteron decreasing and estrogen and progesterone increasing! It sort of make sense to me considering I'm sure cow's milk has a shit load of hormones in it. I wasn't sure if it actually affected our hormones though. So if this is correct, I definitely can't consume dairy. I'm aware it say "commercial milk", but I don't see how that would change anything...

Has anyone got their hormones tested to see if there were any negative results from consuming milk? Please share!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Whoa.  Need feedback on this.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Well is this just a surge or long lasting. How much of a difference does it make statistically. How do you prove that it's even good or bad. Are all people effected equally? What kind of cows and what kind of feed (soybeans contain a lot of estrogen not to mention grains) and chemicals and how was the milk processed?

It builds muscle and heals teeth in my experience. I couldn't argue that it is superior to meat, though I could argue that it's cheaper.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Nice find. They measured estrogen excreted in urine. One hour after drinking the milk estrogen excretion peaks a 2-3x above the normal rate (proportional to the amount of milk drunk), and over the next 4-5 hours it slowly goes down to normal.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
If they are measuring estrogen excreted in urine how do they know that the excess estrogen wasn't just passed?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Commercial milk=high levels of gm soy feed=high estrogen

duh
-----------

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
If they are measuring estrogen excreted in urine how do they know that the excess estrogen wasn't just passed?
Yeah, I question the same thing, but why was testosterone lower?

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
I missed the serum measurement graphs, serum estrogen and progesteron also increased, whereas luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone decreased.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
I'm in a unique position. I know a vegetarian man who had his testosterone checked while healthy. It was good of course. Then he was exposed to endotoxic insecticide. All the hormones connected with the pituitary went way down. Then he added raw grassfed milk to his diet and got rid of soy among other changes. All his hormones improved including leutenizing and follicle stimulating hormones to normal, except testosterone which is still somewhat low, although not extremely low now.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Whoa.  Need feedback on this.

We're all gonna die. Lol

Commercial milk=high levels of gm soy feed=high estrogen

duh

I mean THEY'RE all gonna die. Lol

That's probably it. The body absorbs a lot of stuff, and depending on what it does and doesn't need it excretes the excess. For example, if someone has sufficient sodium in their body and then ingests a high sodium meal. The excess sodium is excreted in healthy individuals. If somebody is low in sodium, the body does everything it can to conserve sodium and absorb as much as it can from diet. Same with calcium, potassium, chloride, etc.

I think it's important all of us realize there are no perfect foods. Modern foods have all been modified extensively - from plant foods (fruits, vegetables), to animal foods (dairy, meats, eggs, etc.). Dairy cows are not what cows were thousands of years ago, fruits are not what they were thousands of years ago, eggs are not from the same chickens thousands of years ago, and fish isn't the same as fish thousands of years ago.

Even though not biologically identical to what existed 100's of thousands of years ago - it's still much higher quality than most of the modern foods available today.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 04:20:04 am by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Is it also possible that milk gets put into plastic gallons and its the plastic causing the estrogenic activity instead of the milk, also from my research milk absorbs plastic better than other foods, meats don't release as muchntho.
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I guess I'm lucky then that the only source of raw milk I've been able to find comes in glass bottles.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Your very lucky my comes in plastic I've had days when I get it I can taste the plastic when the milk sits at room tempature in the plastic containers
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Maybe you could get glass jars/bottles and move the milk to those as soon as you get it. Or if the producer is small and local, you could give them the glass containers and ask them to fill them for you instead of using plastic.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk