Author Topic: six pack abs and the fashion of starvation  (Read 6682 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
six pack abs and the fashion of starvation
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:35:04 pm »
I cant help but laugh at people who think six pack abs are an indication of strength health when in reality it is often the opposite. Anyone without fat enough fat will have six pack abs showing, I cant tell how many weaklings iv seen with six packs.

the strongest people seem to never have six packs though. Just look at most strongman athletes. They all have a moderate belly.

i personally feel a lot better now that my abs arent showing anymore. My energy is through is through the roof and i am never tired. I feel like now that im mostly burning raw fat for my diet now my body can really use the fat I have stored very well for much more stamina than used to have before i was burning mostly fat for energy. almost as if my body couldnt utilize the stored fat as well before it got used to just fat in general.

the media is pushing starvation fashion to get everyone prepared for the coming austerity and rationing.
The trendies will all love how "sexy" (the starvation look is so in) they look once  their new carbon taxes force them into food rationing.  But its for the earth. How loving!

there are man more psyops tied in with this and its all tied in with the vegetarian agenda as well. It just all about pushing a culture of death in every possible way. all the from looking starved equals sexy look to killing your own children. 
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: six pack abs and the fashion of starvation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »
I agree.
I heard "they" only look like "that" during competitions.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline flame93

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »
I agree, 6pack ab people are mostly starved showoff... I sense a lot of frustration and insecurity in them..

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:01:44 pm »
I have a friend with a 6 pack. He's not starved at all. In fact he's incredibly muscular.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:58 pm »
a lot of males are just fine at low body fats that allow their abdominals to show, some are even genetically predisposed to have higher metabolisms and lower body fats.  many body builders do dehydrate themselves down before competition, but those guys are in a whole other world, their life is revolved around bulking and leaning and seeing the aesthetic results.  Also a lot of folks will eat a lot and highly specialied meals and supplements during the day and "balance" their caloric intake with exercise to see those results.  To me its just exercise bullemia, but some people are happy with that lifestyle.

plus, look at sully, he is a fine example of genetics and also training and diet, I don't think he is starving, just very muscular in comparison to fat %.

I think its different for women.  Ive known a few girls in my life who were slender enough growing up to have visable ab muscles without excessive exercise or close attention to diet.  but most do not have this or have to try extremely hard for this.  since a lower body is not typical for women and can put stress on the endocrine system.  strong bodies for women is super important though, lifting, squats, all kinds of body weight exercises, sprints, flexibility and just movement in general.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:05:28 am »
I agree that some people can do fine with that look but some people also appear to be doing fine on veganism too.

My point is that im sure everyone would benefit from having some good raw fat stored even if they think they are fine without it. I definitly feel a lot better with it. I also feel like the intense cardio required to burn all you fat away is not good for the body either. I beliee humans were more designed for short explosive burst of energy with longer periods of healing than sustained constant stress of long runs and stuff like that.

Theres also the type of hunting where you just try to run down the prey in terms of your endurance outlasting theirs but its more of a light sustained jog than what you get in intense cardio. And I believe that type of sustained jog would do better with some stored fat to burn personally.
-----------

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 01:26:29 pm »
My preference of eating is whenever the thought occurs. Which usually means 4 or 5 times a day. I found that this eliminates hunger. On a day where I am very busy, I might forget to eat and not get a chance until 5 pm but still no hunger. I got in this habit from the advice of a body builder, that hunger causes the body to start self metabolizing. He said I believe wisely that eating right was more important than training for muscle building. This was by far the best I ever felt in my life. I sure hope hardship is coming to a close with the coming spring! No more hungry Emile!

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:55:31 pm »
I also feel like the intense cardio required to burn all you fat away is not good for the body either.

What makes you think that intense cardio is a requirement?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
What makes you think that you can do squats and heavy lifting all day, and then get up and run an animal down for miles and miles, having never trained distance running because its not paleo?

And im sorry man, but its entirely possible to have sweet abs and still be healthy. Just keep on working hard and eating right.
That's not paleo.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »
Aajonus Vonderplanitz thinks as you do, Troll.  He prefers people to be a bit overweight for that extra survival fat storage for crisis times. 

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 08:33:05 am »
What makes you think that you can do squats and heavy lifting all day, and then get up and run an animal down for miles and miles, having never trained distance running because its not paleo?

And im sorry man, but its entirely possible to have sweet abs and still be healthy. Just keep on working hard and eating right.

I dont train any running now but sometimes I have to run to get to a store before it closes or catch a train or something and I notice that i am much faster now and can run much longer than when I used to train for that all that. And this si with all the added fat whivh I actualy feels helps me to last longer and be faster.
-----------

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 08:52:18 pm »
yeh I have to admit, having gone from 0% body fat to 30% and back and forth and back...........its much more calming and healthful feeling in a lot of different ways to have a nice body fat%, but I too much can be very hampering to activities and wear on the joints, its a fine balance for sure.  It is also kind of like, I know this summer I will probably do some camping, like extended camping, cause I have no where to go, and that's fine, and I look forward not having to worry that I will be immediately emaciated if I don't get enough calories per day.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 02:05:10 am »
funny thing is this fashion is not a bad thing at all
in fact, during hard time (think World War I & II) most men prefer women with a little bit of body fat, but during peaceful time (think now), skinny trend started
I forgot who did the study but body fat is kind of indicator of how people are doing in their environment
the rest is personal preference, i'd actually get 6-packs during my healthiest times (no cheats no nothing), but not a clean cut one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk