Author Topic: Malnourishment  (Read 49124 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Malnourishment
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2013, 02:06:56 am »
ALL SUPPLEMENTS ARE COOKED.
PROVE ME WRONG.

Ok. So ask the moderators to stop people from posting about their experiences with things that aren't raw paleo.

Tell them to stop allowing posts about Lugol's iodine. Also, ask them to stop having members post about olive oil. Get CK to stop mentioning his benefits from Vitamin D. Beamrays too, no more of that. Get Jessica to stop posting about her teas. Get Goodsamaritan to stop using supplements. No more dewormers.

The question is, why promote chemically isolated cooked magnesium when you could jsut eat some shellfish?
This is a raw foods forum, not a cooked and chemically processed foods forum, please realize what website you are on.

Actually, if you look at what I posted, I simply mentioned the calcium/magnesium ratio and that sent you off the deep end and got your panties up in a bunch.

CK I think mentioned supplements, and eveheart mentioned salt baths, which further sent you thong into your butt crack.

and I know all about gs's liver flushes since I did them and they helped me greatly. The difference is that gs promotes the use of certain chemicals only briefly for healing purposes which is slightly dangerous but can be beneficial in the long run like it was for me.

You are promoting that if you drink dairy you should take highly cooked and chemically processed magnesium pills for the rest of your life. This is quite dangerous advice and very different from drinking epsom salts once to clear your liver and then never touching it again once your liver is clean.

A big difference between using something once and using it every single day.

So you're basically saying supplements are ok so long as they're used in a manner you agree with. Otherwise they should be banned. Got it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:29:08 am by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2013, 02:33:10 am »
Id like to just summarize some of the terrible advice given in this thread as a solution to a problem whos validity is based on studies done on pasteurized dairy. Just so we dont lose track of whats going on.

If you want to drink dairy you need to always either take a)ingest daily a highly cooked and chemically processed pills or b)regularly soak yourself in a bath full of crystallized chemicals.

Does nobody else see the insanity in such advice. I understand taking some chemical a few times for a specific healing protocol but for the rest of your life? Thats insanity.

If you are concerned about the real or imagined magnesium problem you should just eat shellfish which you should be eating anyway. didnt anyone tell you shellfish are the most nutrient dense food on the planet?" oh but theyre icky cuz they arent kosher and sometimes eat poop so I dont want any of that...."
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2013, 02:39:28 am »
If you are concerned about the real or imagined magnesium problem you should just eat shellfish which you should be eating anyway. didnt anyone tell you shellfish are the most nutrient dense food on the planet?" oh but theyre icky cuz they arent kosher and sometimes eat poop so I dont want any of that...."

Actually, I don't disagree with you. It's better to get nutrients from whole foods than from a supplement. But again, it's not your decision to make. And you've allowed other member's recommendations turn you into the recommendation nazi police.

This is what you sound like.

"Hey I disagree with that advice, and since I disagree I will argue endlessly. That doesn't work for me, so it can't possibly work for anyone else."
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2013, 02:59:23 am »
Youre the best for pointing that out.
I really wondered how I could possibly be so low in magnesium.
My mom left me a book on magnesium yesterday, I started reading it right away,
now I understand why I was lacking.
But have no idea what to do about it

How do you know your magnesium is low?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2013, 03:39:37 am »
Id just like to say it was stupid of me to go back and forth arguing this topic. I summarized my point in my last post well enough that its unnecessary to read the rest.

From now on I will opt to concisely state my position in the manner of my last post and thus avoid pointless back and forth posts.

No more arguing here, refer to my last post for all the info you need on my position.

Its such a beautiful system because for example every question already asked of me and any counter remark I could make to any of the posts after the summarizing one would actually just be repeating something in the summary post so in response to everything you just said, please refer to the summary post.
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 05:49:30 am »
How do you know your magnesium is low?

Countless reasons honestly.

This book I've got sums it all up and makes it seem pretty probable.

Then one of the guys on here said that dairy causes excess calcium that messes up the calc. mag. ratio.
I have recently started absolutely binging on raw dairy, to gain weight.

Then in the book I read about how magnesium deficiency is thought to be linked to almost every kind of depression.
It went on to describe a certain kind of depression that it's known to cause, where you can't really feel.
It isn't threatening, but you find yourself living a 'one-dimensional life'.
Amazing. Perfect description of how I have felt.

My reasons don't stop there at all

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2013, 06:02:51 am »

Then one of the guys on here said that dairy causes excess calcium that messes up the calc. mag. ratio.

Then in the book I read about how magnesium deficiency is thought to be linked to almost every kind of depression.
It went on to describe a certain kind of depression that it's known to cause, where you can't really feel.

Iv been drinking a half gallon of milk and eating a quarter to half pound of butter every day for over a year now.
I have none of these magnesium deficiency symptoms. I also eat shellfish regularly so that might explain why im fine even if the calcium thing is true.

Everyone should eat shellfish regularly. Dairy or no dairy, its one of the most beneficial things anyone could eat.

Also how long after you started dairy did the depression begin?
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:31 am »

Interesting. Well it wouldn't hurt to experiment with magnesium rich foods, supplements, salt baths, or anything else you prefer.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:50 am »
Iv been drinking a half gallon of milk and eating a quarter to half pound of butter every day for over a year now.
I have none of these magnesium deficiency symptoms. I also eat shellfish regularly so that might explain why im fine even if the calcium thing is true.

Everyone should eat shellfish regularly. Dairy or no dairy, its one of the most beneficial things anyone could eat.

Also how long after you started dairy did the depression begin?

Oh, I had worsening depression for about 2 and a half years.
Well, I guess I should say "I have had", because I can't really say I've escaped its grasp yet.
I'm just doing a lot better than I have this whole time, it's only been a few days haha.
Many many health improvements are working together to make me feel good again I think.
I'm just saying, I really do think magnesium is doing it's part too.
I'm absolutely 100% sure that there are many different ways to improve almost every problem, so I probably don't REQUIRE magnesium to see improvements, sure.
But I do think it is helping, possibly a great deal. Possibly not. I'll never know I guess

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 07:36:59 am »
If its been worsening for 2 and a half years it can hardly be blamed on a magnesium deficiency caused by your consuming dairy. Whether or not there was a magnesium issue you unrelated to dairy is a different story.

What have you been doing these past few days that improved it?

Have tried any shellfish? THey should be a big aprt of anyones diet.

Have you tried high meat to help with the depression? HAve you tried raw fermented cod liver oil to help with the depression through its vitamin d content as well as its inherent high meat qualities? 

If I were you id try these 100 percent natural things before you start getting weird, Id bet at least a hundred dollars right now that if you tried high meat or fermented cod liver oil for a month your depression would be at lest 70 percent better.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2013, 07:45:45 am »
Many many health improvements are working together to make me feel good again I think.
I'm just saying, I really do think magnesium is doing it's part too.

It's great that you take such a proactive approach to your health. When I first started raw paleo I had the frame of mind that all I needed was to eat raw, nutritional deficiencies wouldn't occur, I'd instinctively find the right foods, etc. I later realized that there's no such thing as "done learning" how to improve your health, which is what I felt at the time - raw paleo was the solution to all my problems lol.

I ended up adding back my supplements. Using a shower filtration system. Using fluoride free tooth paste. Special shampoos and conditioners. Trying to go to sleep at a good time and wake up early. Adding in Lugol's iodine to remove heavy metals and toxic halides.

By giving up on that I know everything I need to heal, I actually ended up adding a lot of things. And I'm sure I'll end up adding more at some point if I find something else that can improve my health. Maybe it'll be zappers (which I'm actually going to start looking into), who knows.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:27 am »
If its been worsening for 2 and a half years it can hardly be blamed on a magnesium deficiency caused by your consuming dairy. Whether or not there was a magnesium issue you unrelated to dairy is a different story.

K really please read my entire post haha.
I explained that I understood that magnesium would only be a factor.

I am looking in to the fermented cod liver oil as of now, thanks!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2013, 08:43:36 am »
make sure to take at least 2 full syringes daily preferably 3, never do less than a full syringe.

this is the only reputable cod liver oil I know of

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/CodLiverOil/
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2013, 09:03:44 am »
It's great that you take such a proactive approach to your health. When I first started raw paleo I had the frame of mind that all I needed was to eat raw, nutritional deficiencies wouldn't occur, I'd instinctively find the right foods, etc. I later realized that there's no such thing as "done learning" how to improve your health, which is what I felt at the time - raw paleo was the solution to all my problems lol.

I ended up adding back my supplements. Using a shower filtration system. Using fluoride free tooth paste. Special shampoos and conditioners. Trying to go to sleep at a good time and wake up early. Adding in Lugol's iodine to remove heavy metals and toxic halides.

By giving up on that I know everything I need to heal, I actually ended up adding a lot of things. And I'm sure I'll end up adding more at some point if I find something else that can improve my health. Maybe it'll be zappers (which I'm actually going to start looking into), who knows.

haha I'm on that road now.

As for that link, which form should I get?
obviously unflavoured right?
and liquid?
Thanks

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2013, 09:39:58 am »
You already knew what to get before asking me.

its too bad you have to pay that much for it though. My dairy club buys it in bulk so I only have to pay 30.  :)
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2013, 09:51:59 am »
Is this club like a fraternity?
Or can I just join?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2013, 09:54:32 am »
Come to NYC and I shall initiate you.

We require your firstborn son as a sacrifice.
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2013, 10:02:45 am »
Well, I don't have a son.
But I'm also not near nyc, so maybe later

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2013, 10:05:28 am »
How many 'units?' should I order?
I'm thinking one to start, but would that maybe be a bit foolish when considering shipping charges and whatnot?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:46 am »
Green Pastures's website says, "Canada Law says Canadian customer can buy a 90 day supply per order only.  Please consider this when you place your order. " So, maybe go for three bottles??? Or just get what you can afford??? These small decisions are hard to make. :)
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2013, 10:46:40 am »
Yep canada is actually slightly crazier than america in many ways.

I usually consume one bottle per winter. I think iv consumed 3 bottles in my life so far.

I think your depression should be doing much better after one bottle bottle. You probably wont even feel like you need it anymore after you finish bottle 2. Either way you cant have too much, just keep it in the fridge.

it never spoils right? If it spoils get 1 to 2 bottles.
-----------

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »
how can you only take one bottle per winter but also state that you take a full syringe each time?  is winter like a few weeks for you?

also whats up with all these supplement pushers on this website?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2013, 07:34:51 pm »
You could all just show some moderation and common sense.  My posts on the issue of the calcium/magnesium ratio in raw dairy are an excellent example.

Me personally, I prefer not to take supplements if I don't have to.  However, I have a problem making/using vitamin D.  It's an inborn thing I'm sure, I'm pretty sure many people in my family have it, because many of them have autoimmune problems. I don't live in a place where I can easily get enough vitamin D from the sun or from fatty fish, so I supplement.

Even if I were to use a tanning bed (which I'm not necessarily opposed to, in moderation), I still see certain benefits from oral vitamin D that I don't get from sun exposure.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »
And, if  niacin is helping the schizophrenic, and they can't get enough from food, then they should supplement it, with the least processed form available.  It's certainly safer than any of the available drugs on the market.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2013, 08:13:05 pm »
We live in a world where we can achieve actual perfection, in one sense.
And then also we can never achieve perfection, in another sense.

We can give our bodies ANYTHING it needs to be healthy,
other than a perfectly natural world.

I am unsure about what I think of that.

In nature, if we were all messed up like me, we would just die.
You know what, I probably would have died within the hour of the accident.
Here in the modern world of supplements and artificial life, I lived.
Artificial near death (vehicles), artificial things kept me alive (medically induced coma etc etc etc)

I really think that you guys are all fighting a hopeless battle wondering whether or not supplementation is okay.
This world is pretty much completely insane?
Let's not try and figure out if supplementation is truly acceptable.
Let's just do what we need to do to feel the best we can.
Why does it matter what our means are to achieve happiness?
All that matters is happiness, happiness is in health.
Try to see the point of all of this, instead of the many intricacies that really can't be worked out the same for everyone.
We are a lllllll so artificially different.
Sure, in the perfect world you can treat us all the same.
I believe that 100%
But this world is nowhere close, time to improvise right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk