Author Topic: Just the beginning!!!  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Pecsgirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just the beginning!!!
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:43:52 am »
Hello everyone! I am so glad I have found this website. I am writing to say that I am about to begin the PALEO way!!
For the last 3 years I have done a very strict 60 20 20 diet. It consisted of 60% protein, 20% carbs and 20% fat. I enjoy the gym and recently have decided I want to be more healthy without breaking my body down. I also am looking for a lifestyle way of eating and not so much a "count" or a "diet" that I need to follow. I really love being healthy and the Paleo seems to make the most sense as well as will give me the energy and help me maintain and even possibly lose excess fat weight.
I am ready alot about the Paleo way of eating and am starting to understand it. I guess what I am looking for is some direction from you guys on here that have been doing this for a while :) I am hoping that you can possibly tell me what I need to do to make this change not as drastic and easy on my body. I am the type that likes to go all the way so I know it wont be too hard but I am a bit lost and what to make for my meals, when to eat, and how much, etc!!!

I ask for advice....anyone who has a few words to share with me while I am starting this journey, I would truly appreciate it!
Thanks
Pecsgirl ;)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Just the beginning!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:18 am »
The easiest way to transition is to slowly remove some foods from your diet, and add others.  What does your daily diet consist of now?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:17:38 am »
The majority of your diet should be fat.

I went 100% raw overnight and i think thats the best way to do things because for me i think theres a lot of power in simply deciding you will do something 100 percent and knowing that you will not touch cooked food again.

usually when i try to do something slowly and rules are vague I tend to bend them. When I give myself a stric rule like raw only I stick it fairly easily because there is nothing to debate or rationalize.
-----------

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:54:16 am »
Welcome to Pecsgirl!

The majority of your diet should be fat.

On what facts do you base to give such a simplistic advice? Do you know this person and her current nutritional requirements?

I went 100% raw overnight and i think thats the best way to do things because for me i think theres a lot of power in simply deciding you will do something 100 percent and knowing that you will not touch cooked food again.

usually when i try to do something slowly and rules are vague I tend to bend them. When I give myself a strict rule like raw only I stick it fairly easily because there is nothing to debate or rationalize.

That’s true and I completely agree on that point.

May I just add that it can be very difficult to stick to 100% raw paleo if you think you’re going to eat that way for the whole rest of your life. Subconscious pressure may become unbearable this way. Thus it’s better to plan a limited duration experiment, for example 2 or 3 weeks, after which you can decide either to continue for another period, say 3 months or to revert to cooked food. If you then decide to go on, you’ll be able now to fix a one year period, after which…    ;) 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 11:12:16 am »
I basically decided id do this for the rest of my life when i decided to switch. Might not be for everyone tho
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »
I believe fat should be the main component of everyones diet because i simply feel best when i consume mostly fat. Even though i crave tons of fruit I limit myself because if I give in my teeth start to hurt as well me starting to feel particularly fungusy and achy. The fruit I do eat is eaten with lots of fat and It feels a lot better eating it that way.

Plus berries with whipped cream made with honey is delicious.

and making a papaya shake with butter eggs and honey is one of the greatest things on earth in my opinion.
works with every fruit too.

basically I feel best with lots of fat and i feel most would agree.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk