Author Topic: Sources of animal fat in central europe  (Read 9468 times)

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Sources of animal fat in central europe
« on: May 30, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »
Getting animal fat eligible for an instinctive eating isn't easy in europe. At least as i have experienced so far. I am kind of jealous of those raw eaters in north america. Getting gras fed animal meat and fat isn't a problem.

Of course, in europe there is Orkos. But it is expensive and there is approx. just on slaughter per month.

Any suggestions?

my english sucks? i am aware of it!

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Sources of animal fat in central europe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 03:32:57 pm »
We try to get wild game during the hunting season. Outside of the season, many of us rely mostly on seafood and NZ lamb. Some buy horse meat imported from Australia or Argentina which is supposed to be only grass fed.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:05:47 pm »
We try to get wild game during the hunting season. Outside of the season, many of us rely mostly on seafood and NZ lamb. Some buy horse meat imported from Australia or Argentina which is supposed to be only grass fed.

I wouldn't classify 'wild game' as a source of fat but a source of meat. Lamb is fatty, that's right.

Here in germany i can get deer and wild boar. But both are lean animals.

Any other sources of fat?

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:37:07 pm »
In Austria, I have managed to get hold of some raw fat such as raw tongue etc. Raw fat is not so important, really, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:47:35 pm »
In Austria, I have managed to get hold of some raw fat such as raw tongue etc. Raw fat is not so important, really, though.

Raw fat is not so important? 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »
Raw fat is not so important? 
ONly important if you're on RZC or RVLC, when on rawpalaeo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:47 pm »

I'm not on very low carb because of the availability of tropical fruits but yeah raw fat is very very important.  Maybe anchor pasteurized butter sometimes is a poor substitute, it's just not satisfying compared to raw fresh bone marrow.  Raw muscle fat good too, raw eggs good too, raw coconut milk just with ceviche is good... in that order... bone marrow is tops.

extra virgin olive oil when desperate and there's nothing else.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:53 pm »
Raw fat is not so important, really, though.

It's important to me. I often have periods, where fruits are just not appealing to me. In these times i am on a RVLC / RZC diet.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 12:28:00 am »

I find it very important. I'm not VLC or ZC and I REALLY like having a lot of fat. I eat half a pound of fat (1,600 calories) daily. But I still eat some carbs. Previously I was somewhat low carb, eating like 70-90 grams of carbs daily. Since adding in fermented plant foods I've been wanting more carbs, and have been eating like 150 grams daily.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 01:48:50 am »
fermented plant foods

What do you mean by that?

I've been wanting more carbs, and have been eating like 150 grams daily.

What kind of carbs? Fruits?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 01:57:13 am »

Fermented plant foods... Lol like home made fermented pickles, my new favorite. I use this recipe.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/naturally-fermented-dill-pickles/

Except I only use sea salt (brand: Real Salt), pickling cucumbers, distilled water, and fresh dill.

You could also make sauerkraut, and various other fermented foods. I plan to buy the book Wild Fermentation and learn more on the subject. I really love my home made pickles so I'm thinking I'd like more recipes.

If you're interested in adding fermented foods (not just plant ferments, but animal too) check under the display your culinary creations section. There's some good info on making fermented foods there.

I mainly eat fruits. Not necessarily because I think vegetables digest poorly, but because I eat the plant foods for their carbs and most veggies are low carb.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 02:37:20 am »
Fermented plant foods... Lol like home made fermented pickles, my new favorite. I use this recipe.

I just wanted to make sure what kind of fermentation you were thinking about. As long as we are in the scope of 'instinctive eating' there is no fermenting by adding salt (or any other artificial stuff). There is only fermenting by 'time' (e.g. mold).

I mainly eat fruits. Not necessarily because I think vegetables digest poorly, but because I eat the plant foods for their carbs and most veggies are low carb.

Yeah, most veggies are low carb. Except dried figs and dates :) Maybe even durian and mango contain much more carbs than a 'standard' fruit. At least it feels extremly sweet on my tongue.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 02:51:50 am »
I just wanted to make sure what kind of fermentation you were thinking about. As long as we are in the scope of 'instinctive eating' there is no fermenting by adding salt (or any other artificial stuff). There is only fermenting by 'time' (e.g. mold).

Would it be allowed considering I use sea salt? It's the most raw paleo salt you'll ever find.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 03:34:46 am »
Would it be allowed considering I use sea salt? It's the most raw paleo salt you'll ever find.

No, it is not allowed. Not the type of salt is important but the fact of manipulation. As a guideline ask yourself "can i find this foodstuff in nature"?

Is it possible to find this combination "salt (brand: Real Salt), pickling cucumbers, distilled water, and fresh dill." anywhere in an unspoiled environment? I don't think so.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 07:13:20 am »
No, it is not allowed. Not the type of salt is important but the fact of manipulation. As a guideline ask yourself "can i find this foodstuff in nature"?

Is it possible to find this combination "salt (brand: Real Salt), pickling cucumbers, distilled water, and fresh dill." anywhere in an unspoiled environment? I don't think so.

True. I have differing views on health and nutrition, and I'm glad we can all talk about our varying beliefs here and what works for us.

I'm trying to recover (though recover might be the wrong word, as no one can tell I'm schizophrenic unless they look at my medical records) from a debilitating illness. Since I became sick through rather unnatural means. I feel I might have to take a side track (however long it might take) before I can just eat raw, unprocessed foods and obtain optimal health. Animals in the wild are typically pretty healthy being their parents ate raw, they grew up raw. If the situation were the same with me I probably wouldn't want to take supplements, eat specially fermented foods, etc.

However I do think there's something to instincto. Iguana has pulled it off for a long time, and seems like he's doing great.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »
True. I have differing views on health and nutrition, and I'm glad we can all talk about our varying beliefs here and what works for us.

I'm trying to recover (though recover might be the wrong word, as no one can tell I'm schizophrenic unless they look at my medical records) from a debilitating illness. Since I became sick through rather unnatural means. I feel I might have to take a side track (however long it might take) before I can just eat raw, unprocessed foods and obtain optimal health. Animals in the wild are typically pretty healthy being their parents ate raw, they grew up raw. If the situation were the same with me I probably wouldn't want to take supplements, eat specially fermented foods, etc.

However I do think there's something to instincto. Iguana has pulled it off for a long time, and seems like he's doing great.

In the short term you can improve your health by many types of diet. Take a step back and review: what do these diets have in common? No flour, no (processed) sugar and no processed foods in general. But the difference can be seen in the long term. Can you recover from all your sufferings? Will your foodstuff be a pleasure or are you leaving your plate on the lookout for another foodstuff?

Just my 2 cents (without diving too deep into this issue).

Now let's get back to the topic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk