Author Topic: were early humans under-weight?  (Read 9905 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
were early humans under-weight?
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:13:45 am »
I don't think early humans (even the hunter-gatherers) were huge muscular men. They were probably under-weight but lean.

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: were early humans under-weight?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »
I don't think early humans (even the hunter-gatherers) were huge muscular men. They were probably under-weight but lean.

Oh, this will be a funny discussion!  -d

First of all: what is your goal by this discussion?

Then, please clarify: what is an 'early human' for you? Homo habilis? Homo erectus? Homo neanderthalensis?
What are huge muscular men? Definied by relationship of fat and muscle?
How do you define under-weight?

my english sucks? i am aware of it!

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50:21 pm »
who knows. I believe that every form of man we currently see has existed with what we view as the most primitive for millions of years.

Thatbeing said fat was less necessary in less polluted times.

i really like you sig life, thats some sound advice about taste.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »
This is all nonsense. Palaeo studies have shown that early humans had very thick bones which corresponds to having very strong muscles, so that they were found to be stronger than modern athletes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:07 am »
American indians who ate mostly raw meat were quite lean from what I can tell even though they were extremely strong.

I think id be a good deal leaner though if I didnt have dairy.

need to look into this more though.
-----------

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 02:57:43 am »
This is all nonsense. Palaeo studies have shown that early humans had very thick bones which corresponds to having very strong muscles, so that they were found to be stronger than modern athletes.

Heard of that several times. Do you have a link to an internet site providing a more in-depth view?

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 03:01:08 am »
i really like you sig life, thats some sound advice about taste.

Thank you. It's an important hint in my view. But sometimes it's hard to follow such simple principles... especially if you were used to cooking for many, many decades.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 04:25:08 am »
Heard of that several times. Do you have a link to an internet site providing a more in-depth view?

Loren Cordain mentions this numerous times. Somewhere on his sites should have refs to the studies pointing out this fact.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 05:38:35 am »
The masai tribe are also quite lean

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 05:40:17 am »
my goal is to find out if I am under-weight. I am 5"10 and half, 126 lbs

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 06:12:28 am »
There is a neurological aspect to strength as well as a muscular size aspect, so with high neurological efficiency you can use the muscle you have better, but someone with your level of efficiency with larger muscles will be stronger than you.

And I am 5'4 and 150lb, my wife is 5'5 and 130lb and I consider her lean, so I would say that you are underweight.
That's not paleo.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 06:58:32 am »
There is a neurological aspect to strength as well as a muscular size aspect, so with high neurological efficiency you can use the muscle you have better, but someone with your level of efficiency with larger muscles will be stronger than you.

And I am 5'4 and 150lb, my wife is 5'5 and 130lb and I consider her lean, so I would say that you are underweight.

The thing is, I cannot gain weight. I just cannot. Some have told me to eat more fat, yet still cannot gain weight. Interestingly, only carbs make me gain weight

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 08:04:42 am »
my goal is to find out if I am under-weight. I am 5"10 and half, 126 lbs

That sounds pretty underweight.

The thing is, I cannot gain weight. I just cannot. Some have told me to eat more fat, yet still cannot gain weight. Interestingly, only carbs make me gain weight

if that's the case eat carbs and fat. You need the fat for good health any way. Just make sure you're eating clean carbs.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 11:33:44 am »
That sounds pretty underweight.

if that's the case eat carbs and fat. You need the fat for good health any way. Just make sure you're eating clean carbs.

what do you define as clean carbs? veggies/fruits? I think fruits give me acne though :(

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

If you are very very lean and just can't gain weight you maybe have a hormonal issue. One simple way (at least in theory) to fix that is using cold thermogenesis. Read Jack Kruse blog about this topic. It's hard to put this stuff into practice (e.g. who wants to stay in a tub for 30 minutes at 8 degree celsius?).

I was just curious about different claims of Jack Kruse so I gave it a try. And (by coincidence) I gained (much) weight within some weeks.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 12:29:58 pm »
If you are very very lean and just can't gain weight you maybe have a hormonal issue. One simple way (at least in theory) to fix that is using cold thermogenesis. Read Jack Kruse blog about this topic. It's hard to put this stuff into practice (e.g. who wants to stay in a tub for 30 minutes at 8 degree celsius?).

I was just curious about different claims of Jack Kruse so I gave it a try. And (by coincidence) I gained (much) weight within some weeks.

I probably do have hormonal issues because I have body acne.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
raw goat milk for weight gain.
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »
I need to find a source of raw goat milk

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »
what do you define as clean carbs? veggies/fruits? I think fruits give me acne though :(

I define clean carbs as fruits/veggies.

Honestly I can't say what will help you. Your digestive tract sounds pretty messed up based on what you've been telling us. You say white rice doesn't hurt your stomach, but fruits are a problem. You need to experiment with various foods and see what works.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »
If you've got hormonal issues the last thing u wanna be consuming is milk. Milk contains a whole load of hormones itself, many of which can cross through our gut walls and in to the blood stream in tact, which can lead to all sorts of problems.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 11:02:40 pm »

How about adding raw cheese?  Aajonus had nice things to say about raw cheese.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »
raw cheese may be do something but its msotly minerals not that much utilizable fat. Plus its a lot easier to drink a lot of milk thane at a lot of cheese. Plus a lot of cheese on its own can make you constipated.
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
raw cheese may be do something but its msotly minerals not that much utilizable fat. Plus its a lot easier to drink a lot of milk thane at a lot of cheese. Plus a lot of cheese on its own can make you constipated.

what scares me about milk (Even raw) is that when I tried raw COWS Milk, it gave me bad breakouts

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:35 pm »
A bad breakout can indicate detox. I had a huge breakout before my acne went away.

DUring detox a particular symptom one has often flares up and gets a lot worse before it goes away.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk