Author Topic: Mixing lean grain fed Meat with 100% grass fed Fats?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Mixing lean grain fed Meat with 100% grass fed Fats?
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »
Please answer it for emergency times.

- How is the quality of Proteins in the grain fed meats? Is it equally bad as the grain fed fats?

Raw fats (suet) are almost always available there. But sometimes there is a shortage of 100% grass fed meats.

So, how do you consider mixing the 100% grass fed fats with grain fed lean meat?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing lean grain fed Meat with 100% grass fed Fats?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:33:02 pm »
In a real emergency, we'll even eat dirt. But when there is a temporary unavailability of grass-fed beef, I'd switch to sea foods, avocados, lots of other things before I ate feedlot animals. The quality of the protein is not the issue for me, the toxicity of the meat is the issue, as has been explained elsewhere in and out of this forum. To sum it up, cattle are not designed to digest corn and other non-forage. They never "adapt" their systems to feedlot food, so they are not healthy animals.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:38:12 am »
"
Raw fats (suet) are almost always available there. But sometimes there is a shortage of 100% grass fed meats. "

do you mean that there is a shortage of muscle meats?

if offal is still available that is the best choice

you can also just eat eggs or milk if its short term

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:55 pm »
Thank you Eve and Jessica.

My butcher does not slaughter regularly. And sometimes he absolutely does not slaughter. It means sometimes there is a gap of couple of weeks till I get the muscle meat.

I am unable to find any good source of eggs.

And sea food does not satisfy me if I have to eat it for 2-3 days.

I have not tried the milk. Reason is this that I get only grain fed cow's raw milk.

Therefore, during this period .... I am either eating cooked bad bad food.

In order to stop it, I was wondering if I should mix the  grass fed  fats with grain fed muscle meat and eat it instead of cooked food?

Has any one here mixed the sea food with grass fed fats (suet)?

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:49:54 pm »
I have found another butcher. He feeds the sheep with grains for 8-10 weeks in the winter. But after that it is already 5 months that sheep are only grazing the grass.

So, how long will it take till the damage is repaired from the grains?

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:22 am »
Therefore, during this period .... I am either eating cooked bad bad food.
Well that's ridiculous, if you think that cooked bad bad food could in any way be better than raw grain-fed beef.
So yes, just go ahead and mix that fat with grain-fed beef, it will be far better ;)

Also, to avoid the gaps in supply of grass-fed, you can buy in bulk when it's available and freeze it (if you have a freezer).

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:48:44 am »
@ zaidi: You can buy lots of fat when it is available because it lasts a long time. I get all the butcher's trimmings for 99 cents/pound. You can just eat it as is, you do not have to mix it with anything else. I can't imagine mixing beef fat with seafood - I'd just slice the fat and seafood and eat one at a time.

I buy large cuts of beef and hang them, untrimmed, in my refrigerator. They last for many weeks. I don't do this with lamb because most lamb cuts are small and dry out quickly; instead, I eat lamb in a week or two when I can find natural-forage lamb.

You can answer the grain-fed issue for yourself, according to your own preferences, priorities, and tolerances. I know that I have made a firm decision based on the information I get on this forum and elsewhere. Also, my tolerance for corn-markers is very low, so I avoid all corn products, whether they be in my shampoo or in the muscles of my beef. I would gladly choose to eat less variety over substituting grain-fed beef. You have placed variety first, so I'll assume your preferences, priorities and tolerances are in line with that.

Even if you find empirical data about how much grass-feeding would be required to cancel out grain-fed toxicity, you can never be sure if your food follows that same rule as the test results.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
Thanks aLptHW4k4y....

And Thanks Eve.... Your hard stance forced me to abandon to simple path of going grain fed ... and I took off and now for the last 2 days (morning till evening) I am visiting the local farmers.

Unfortunately, I got 0% success with the local farmers. In one way or another, they are feeding the cattle with grains and no hope that they will give up their practices.

But I got the partial success on the Internet again (farmers in 100 km range).  A producer said he has "Cameroon" sheep which eat only grass.  But again the problem is this  that he does not slaughter regularly, and he has only few sheep.

Another producer said that he has galloways and Angus Cows, which eat only grass too. But he wants to sell minimum of 40 kg which is impossible for me.

But I am still hopeful I will find a way.

Thanks a lot for keep insisting on grass fed meat.

PS:

Is sea food also healing like the Red Meat?

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:28 am »
Thanks aLptHW4k4y....

And Thanks Eve.... Your hard stance forced me to abandon to simple path of going grain fed ... and I took off and now for the last 2 days (morning till evening) I am visiting the local farmers.

Unfortunately, I got 0% success with the local farmers. In one way or another, they are feeding the cattle with grains and no hope that they will give up their practices.

But I got the partial success on the Internet again (farmers in 100 km range).  A producer said he has "Cameroon" sheep which eat only grass.  But again the problem is this  that he does not slaughter regularly, and he has only few sheep.

Another producer said that he has galloways and Angus Cows, which eat only grass too. But he wants to sell minimum of 40 kg which is impossible for me.

But I am still hopeful I will find a way.

Thanks a lot for keep insisting on grass fed meat.

PS:

Is sea food also healing like the Red Meat?

Yes, seafood is very healing if it isn't farmed. The key to getting the most out of the healing properties of raw meat is variety. You want to eat different parts of the animal to be sure you are getting your fat soluble vitamins as well as much needed minerals. I eat a little bit of different organ meat mixed with my muscle meat every day to keep my vitamin stores filled.
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:52 am »
My farmer does grass fed over the summer months and during the rest of the year I eat cows that are on grass/hay and get oats and barley (soaked 24hrs too) so they "make weight" because there are all kinds of bullshit rules. My wife and I are fussy with meat and we both think that this meat is fine, so I believe that your food can eat some grain, but it matters what/how it's done.
That's not paleo.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »
I have found 2 more qualities of meat:

1. Calf Meat and very young lamb meat, who have got only the Milk (i.e. No grass and No grain)?

2. And then there is another variety of "Young Cow" (8 months to 1 year) which has got the grains at end.  Is it still better than normal Beef.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk