Author Topic: High Meat  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
High Meat
« on: May 09, 2013, 05:21:12 am »
I'm having a really tough time creating high meat.
What do I do?
I really need it haha

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: High Meat
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:10:24 am »
Glass jar, in the refrigerator, air it out once a day, keep it covered otherwise.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:23:05 am »
For some reason, one that I can't quite see (never mind understand), I have a very hard time with that simple process haha.
Honestly I can't do it.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:49 am »
The point of making high meat is for the bacteria on the meat to accumulate. If you cut it fresh there won't be much bacteria. By leaving it in the fridge for a while (average 30 days) it will accumulate plenty of bacteria.

To avoid botulism, you need to use glass, and not plastic. So something like Mason Jars (Ball) are what you'd need. You also need to air it out daily (or at least every 3 days) to avoid bacteria that thrive without oxygen from flourishing. You want bacteria that need oxygen to multiply. To do this, again air it daily. But also make sure you move the meat around so that meat on the edges and bottom of the glass receive oxygen as well.

It usually smells awful, and tastes just as bad. When I first started I had to take it like a pill (put it in my mouth and down it with water). I've gotten used to it since, and recently started swallowing small pieces without water. Eventually I'd like to be able to pull an Aajonous Vonderplanitz lol.

ripleys believe it or not - "Rotten Meat"
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:09:50 am »
i thought you said aajonus as the devil? lol.

just playing.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:20:39 am »
i thought you said aajonus as the devil? lol.

just playing.

lol
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk