Author Topic: Would you like a new sub-forum about Paleo posture training?  (Read 14991 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I've been investigating Esther Gokhale's method for several years now, and I've come to the conclusion that she's really got Paleo human movement/posture nailed down pretty well.  She studied the posture and movement of traditional peoples for many years, and has a book, DVD, some youtube videos, and a series of 6 lessons that she teaches.  Here's her website:

gokhalemethod.com

I would like to start a sub-forum about her work, as well as human posture and movement in a general sense.  It's been a passion of mine for many years. Feel free to share thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:56:23 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Would you like a new sub-forum about Paleo posture training?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »
How about creating the thread first and see how that takes off?  Is movenat somewhere in that too?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:28:27 am »
You could create multiple threads in either the health or exercise section. I'd be very interested in learning.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 07:00:49 am »
to be quite frank:

i'd rather keep my online browsing as limited as possible.  this forum is a place i enjoy visiting, and reading.  youtube is where the hooligan kids and delinquents hang out.  who cares about the stupid shit people post there? and encouraging stupidity through collecting "views" is a shameless popularity contest amongst kids.  even if the secrets of the universe were posted on youtube (and i'm sure there's millions of videos already posted on the subject), i wouldn't want to support the site by visiting it.

could i personally benefit from some information like what you've proposed?  well, possibly.  but wondering where next week's food and rent money will come from, is far more important to me than ordering a book / dvd / program from someone who really doesn't need my money in the first place.  as mentioned in other threads, i don't agree with the idea of the exploitation / capitalization of common knowledge, for monetary gain.  if i observe that rain clouds tend to be puffy and fluffy, i'm not going to charge you money to tell you that.  if your feet hurt, and i notice your shoes are loose and ill fitting, i'm going to tell you.  for free.  without making you watch a youtube video.

could others on this site benefit from some of the information proposed?  you'll never know, until it's out there... 

p.s.  "shit" is not a word recognized by spell check...     ;D
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 08:13:30 am »
There should be a physical (mechanical) health forum anyway, for non-food health maintenance and repair. Ie yoga, IBT, etc

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
to be quite frank:

i'd rather keep my online browsing as limited as possible.  this forum is a place i enjoy visiting, and reading.  youtube is where the hooligan kids and delinquents hang out.  who cares about the stupid shit people post there? and encouraging stupidity through collecting "views" is a shameless popularity contest amongst kids.  even if the secrets of the universe were posted on youtube (and i'm sure there's millions of videos already posted on the subject), i wouldn't want to support the site by visiting it.

could i personally benefit from some information like what you've proposed?  well, possibly.  but wondering where next week's food and rent money will come from, is far more important to me than ordering a book / dvd / program from someone who really doesn't need my money in the first place.  as mentioned in other threads, i don't agree with the idea of the exploitation / capitalization of common knowledge, for monetary gain.  if i observe that rain clouds tend to be puffy and fluffy, i'm not going to charge you money to tell you that.  if your feet hurt, and i notice your shoes are loose and ill fitting, i'm going to tell you.  for free.  without making you watch a youtube video.

could others on this site benefit from some of the information proposed?  you'll never know, until it's out there... 

p.s.  "shit" is not a word recognized by spell check...     ;D

She spent a couple of decades travelling the world and studying the movement and posture of traditional people. You have no actual idea of the value of her work, because you completely lack any training in the area of posture and movement. I, on the other hand, have spent quite a bit of money and time studying and learning about posture and movement, and she's got an excellent handle on the basic default ways that people need to move to avoid pain and damage.

I couldn't care less about your uninformed opinions, or your lack of money. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars of mine and my family's money (when I could not easily afford it) studying many subjects related to nutrition and health, and I offer it here for FREE, and your response is mystifyingly rude.  You're out of line, and I don't understand how an adult can be so clueless about such a simple thing as gratitude.  What kind of life created a gratitude-free adult like yourself?  the least you can do is shut up, instead of acting like I owe you something.  You, and this forum, get quite enough free information from me, and the other mods, ALREADY.  If there's not enough free info to keep you happy, there's lots of other forums you can visit. You are simply in no position to take this attitude.  What is wrong with you? Seriously, I'm wondering.

What I'm suggesting is a sub-forum where we can share and talk about these topics.  There's already a forum on Esther's website, but I figure that we get a LOT more traffic, so more people would be helped.  Besides, the kind of people who are interested in paleo nutrition are also often interested in paleo movement.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 10:24:27 am »
How about creating the thread first and see how that takes off?  Is movenat somewhere in that too?

I think movnat is geared more toward athletes, and/or people who want to become athletes. Esther's work is more foundational, and can be applied to literally any area of human movement or posture.  Her lessons are geared toward people who don't necessarily move quickly or well.  People who are already athletic can perfect their technique through studying her work, and therefore reduce the risk of injury and improve performance.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:31 am »
my most sincere apologies, c_k.  i didn't anticipate you would interpret my post in that manner.

no disrespect intended to you, and your investment, or your knowledge on this subject.  i do take your opinions seriously, and i consider your input as informative, in any post or thread.

my "problem" lies in being "forced" to learn health and benefit, at a cost.  different way of thinking, i guess.  if i had to pay to sign up for this forum, i would indeed be absent.  i appreciate the information that is available here, for free. 

i'll be more tactful and delicate, in the future.
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 11:23:08 am »
my most sincere apologies, c_k.  i didn't anticipate you would interpret my post in that manner.

no disrespect intended to you, and your investment, or your knowledge on this subject.  i do take your opinions seriously, and i consider your input as informative, in any post or thread.

my "problem" lies in being "forced" to learn health and benefit, at a cost.  different way of thinking, i guess.  if i had to pay to sign up for this forum, i would indeed be absent.  i appreciate the information that is available here, for free. 

i'll be more tactful and delicate, in the future.

You're getting access to our intellectual property, for free.  Decades' worth of research, tens of thousands of dollars spent on supplements, expensive foods, trips to tropical places to eat ideal diets, hundreds of thousands of hours spent reading articles, books, forums, etc.....that's what you're getting for free, distilled down.  Granted, it's still in a somewhat "raw" form, but....we are at the absolute cutting edge of nutritional research, and very close to the cutting edge in related areas like herbs, etc..  You don't get slick, packaged information from people who are on the very forefront of most fields.  Please recognize that. I'm no slick salesman, and you'd be a fool to trust me if I WERE. ROFL.

Esther Gokhale is at the absolute cutting edge of posture/movement research.  Nobody does it better, or even as well, as far as I know (and I've looked into a lot of movement systems). She chooses not to offer her intellectuual property for free, and that's her choice.  What I'd like to do is have people check out her free youtube videos, and the videos on her website, and then ask questions and discuss her work here.  The lessons are very expensive, $150 a pop, and many people need all 6 lessons to get a good idea of what she's doing. Therefore, I'm trying to give people without the necessary funds a way to, with some hard work and research, benefit from her knowledge.  I don't care if she likes it. Her lessons are ridiculously expensive, and only people from her high-priced part of California can afford them, for the most part.  I don't think anyone has the right to hide this kind of knowledge.

Please realize, bookitty, that you are attacking the very person who is trying to help you the most, in the way that you need it most. And you know what?  I'll keep helping, even if you don't change your attitude, because you, and many others, will be grateful for my help, in the end.  And that's worth dealing with some occasional 'tude from a newbie.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »
my apology needed no reply.

let's not digress.

thanks.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 11:13:34 pm »
I've been investigating Esther Gokhale's method for several years now, and I've come to the conclusion that she's really got Paleo human movement/posture nailed down pretty well.  She studied the posture and movement of traditional peoples for many years, and has a book, DVD, some youtube videos, and a series of 6 lessons that she teaches.  Here's her website:

gokhalemethod.com

Awesome link. I'm going to check my local bookshop to see if they can order her book.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 05:47:32 am »
There's no such thing as 'intellectual property'. The acquisition of ideas does not deprive the originator of them, so it cannot be theft; and to hold rights over ideas is to violate other people's rights over their own tangible property.

The reason that you should pay people for their ideas, is so that they and others will be motivated to generate further ideas. If you don't value someone's work, don't pay them, and they won't make any more; and others will be less motivated to foray into that field.

If you value someone's ideas however, and want to see them generate more; and for others to be motivated to enter the fray, then pay them proportionately to how much you value their contributions.

Econ 101 supply and demand.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 10:11:22 am »
How about editing: Exercise / Body Building / Posture Training ?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 10:43:18 am »
How about editing: Exercise / Body Building / Posture Training ?

Yeah, that sounds possible. If we ever decide to, we could split it off later.

How about "Paleo movement" or "paleo posture"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk