Author Topic: Bacteria study  (Read 1922 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Bacteria study
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:49:16 am »
How would you like to be one of those scientists looking at poo every day for 5 years?

"Off to work today honey?" "ya babe, we are really comin along on the bacteria in poo"

On a serious note, it makes sense that a certain strain of bacteria thriving in your gut would make you lose weight; healthier food is digested by healthier bacteria, strengthening immune system and therefore energy could be redirected to efficiency and weight loss. Plus, the "bad" bacteria that comes from all the processed stuff simply can't live.

In a few years we'll see probiotics hitting the shelf for "weight-loss" bacteria, what kind of atrocity would that be to people?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Bacteria study
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 12:16:07 pm »
On a serious note, it makes sense that a certain strain of bacteria thriving in your gut would make you lose weight; healthier food is digested by healthier bacteria, strengthening immune system and therefore energy could be redirected to efficiency and weight loss. Plus, the "bad" bacteria that comes from all the processed stuff simply can't live.

In a few years we'll see probiotics hitting the shelf for "weight-loss" bacteria, what kind of atrocity would that be to people?

It's interesting. For the longest time I couldn't lose weight. But when I did the specific carbohydrate diet, which is designed to changed the gut flora, I lost tons of weight. Same thing when I did my raw paleo version of scd.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk