Author Topic: Suet vs other fatty parts  (Read 3683 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Suet vs other fatty parts
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:20:39 pm »
I am wondering what the difference is between suet and the fat that is around the heart and the other fat you can buy from cows that comes from under the skin. The fat located under the skin i find so very soft and full of other things that makes me more tiered after eating while suet or fat from the heart makes me feel super. The problem is that suet is so hard to get any big deliveries of since each animal ha so little of it. Also are there any type of fat from the pig that has lots so saturated fat and is hard? Might be easier to get lots of pigs fat from where i am.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Suet vs other fatty parts
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »
I feel the opposite way - I love beef fat, but suet is repulsing.

Here's a wikipedia on suet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suet

Nutrition facts on suet - http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3478/2

Nutrition facts on beef fat - http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3203/2

Suet has more protein, more total fat, and more saturated fat. Suet also seems to have less vitamins and minerals overall. Beef fat has more unsaturated fats, and a better omega 3:6 ratio. While suet has much less unsaturated fats, more saturated fat, and a worse (though not bad) 3:6 ratio. Keep in mind this was possibly done on grain fed meat (although the omega 3:6 ratio makes me think otherwise).
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »
Nice thanks for that, i have not been able to find the nutritional data on separable fat, now i know. What about pigs fat, anyone that go for that?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »
Many prefer back fat because it is softer.
I have no preference.  My body handles suet, back fat, or ribs fat equally well.

Offline jesterhead

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:58:45 pm »
Every time I have tried suet it is like eating candle wax. I can feel the pieces moving through my intestines, no digestion at all. Makes for slightly painful bowel movements. I'm guessing my bile has no effect on it.
Weston A. Price on obtaining knowledge from primitive cultures:

"It may be not only our greatest opportunity, but our best hope for stemming the tide of our progressive breakdown and also for our return to harmony with Nature's laws, since life in its fullness is Nature obeyed."

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »
I have suet right now and notice pieces in my bowels if I don't chew it completely. I prefer the other softer fat. So far, fat sitting on the side of lamb chops or the marbling in a lamb steak is my favorite. Nice and buttery and soft.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk