Author Topic: Very Hungry about 1 hour after eating  (Read 18778 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Very Hungry about 1 hour after eating
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:37:24 am »
My boyfriend (who has been on and off of raw paleo for the past 6 months) gets very hungry about 1 hour after eating a full meal. Full as in raw meat, veggies, oils etc. This issue is kind of ongoing I guess, and always leads him back to eating cooked food. Pretty frustrating. Anyone have any idea what this is from? Or what he could be missing?

I went through the same thing about 2 or 3 times in the past 6 months (I went full raw paleo and didn't cheat).

But maybe its not the same issue? I don't know haha

Help!

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Very Hungry about 1 hour after eating
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:00 am »
I approach this two ways generally.

one: I have set for myself how many carbs and proteins I can eat daily, about 50-75 g each. When I finish those, I consume only fat until I'm full. If I get to a stop on fat but still feel hungry, I drink water. 99% of the time this satisfies all hunger. If I get hungry later and don't feel like eating fat ill try and mix the fat in with a little more meat, often times in a day consuming 4000+ calories.

also, this leads to my second solution. The times I am stuffed but feel unsatisfied, I decide to fast. One day without food has done it for me. Or just allow myself a little bit of fat here and there. By the third day of eating just fat, I woke up and consumed 3/4 lb. of pure beef suet. I couldn't get enough of it. And then, I did. And I went on with my day.

Although the second method is harder, the results are far better, helping you enjoy raw far more than cooked. The thing about consuming cooked foods here and there, is they destroy your desire and taste for raw foods almost instantly. However, when only raw, your enjoyment of raw foods is 10x greater than the best cooked food. I had raw salmon the other day, unseasoned, it was better than any of the $40 salmon plates from nice restaurants I've had. My body went ecstatic because there was something it craved and said good! more!
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:19:36 am »
I agree with the raw foods tasting 10X better than anything.
I have really stuck to raw paleo, and the benefits are never-ending so far.

My boyfriend and I eat generally a meat and veggie salad for dinner.
Always with lots of other veggies added,
oils and raw dressings too.

He argues that it is too boring for him,
and I find with each meal I eat I love it more than the last.
I guess thats because I havent made my taste buds want any cooked food haha.

I love every food so much now.
I love these meals more than any meal I've ever eaten.
Each bite is amazing, I eat like an animal too its a bit unpleasant to imagine how I would look at a nice restaurant.

My boyfriend is looking to find a source for grass-fed fats, we'll hunt a little harder now haha.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:33:59 am »
Yes thats big. If you guys are only eating oils as a fat source you're missin out! Animal fats are so much more satisfying.

I haven't experimented with veggies yet, but by cutting them out completely, I feel great. Maybe its a man thing but I wants me some meats!

Also, how many organs/seafood do you guys eat? Lack of proper fuel can leave you searching, even if you have the necessary calories.

as far as additional fat, I find a little more fat than meat (fatty cuts) works well. So if I eat lamb chops at 6 oz (almost 200 g for you Canadians ;)) ill have additional fat at 7 oz (250g). I've been preferring organs and seafood and fat for most meals and feel quite satisfied. Also, tell him to male a hot sauce or dip it in honey if he's bored with the same flavor. That desire goes away when We get away from cooked food. I used to fiend for hot sauce every meal when cooking. Now, once a week. Usually after a glass of wine too.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:06:33 am »
I was on the 100% meat for 2 months.
I felt much better, but not great.

Were certainly lacking the proper fuel haha
Toronto makes it so irritatingly tricky to get all of the weird animal products.
They add shit into everything. Everything is polluted in some way or another.
If its grass-fed, its also grain fed. Always. So shitty

Ah I want to be in the mountains and hunting and eating entire animals.

Soon soon. Then we'll be getting the perfect diet haha

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:05:33 am »
White oak pastures. Paying a lot for shipping is better than being sick IMO. Check eatwild.com also... I bet some of the states nearby ship up there.
-Dustin

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:55 am »
thanks Ill be looking into that

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:44:53 am »
My boyfriend (who has been on and off of raw paleo for the past 6 months) gets very hungry about 1 hour after eating a full meal. Full as in raw meat, veggies, oils etc. This issue is kind of ongoing I guess, and always leads him back to eating cooked food. Pretty frustrating. Anyone have any idea what this is from? Or what he could be missing?

I went through the same thing about 2 or 3 times in the past 6 months (I went full raw paleo and didn't cheat).

But maybe its not the same issue? I don't know haha

Help!

At the start of my raw paleo journey I ate quite a lot and quite often.
Later on when my body seemed to be full of nutrition... the frequency and quantity just slumped to maybe just half.  I'm 5 years on now.

Maybe the more experienced ones can chime in.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:23:43 pm »
Yeah thats what I had heard from you guys before, and thats what I noticed in myself too.
But then about a week ago we were both hungry an hour after eating.
I figured that might be kinda weird, so maybe we were missing something.
We don't have access to fats and organs etc, so it seemed pretty likely that would help.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:33:32 pm »
Do a little instincto, you may really need more... You may also be needing other things. Sniff and taste around.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »
I felt better when I finally got some fat to eat,
I just need to find more now.
And organs.

Ah I just want to find a hunter that will give me all of the good parts of the animal.
It drives me crazy having to source out each piece of the puzzle

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »
At the start, sourcing is the challenge.
But it gets easier as you get more and more sources.
And more and more variety.
And your methods of sourcing become second nature.
People are amazed sometimes how I can source such seemingly exotic varieties of good food.
I live in the biggest metropolis in my country and I can drive around to wherever the food is.

Variety is wonderful and makes me happy.  Keep trying out other animals, fruits, veggies, root crops, etc. Try also fermenting stuff, making your own, buying fermented stuff.

If you haven't explored raw dairy and other dairy products, you might want to look into that.  I just concluded my raw cheese experiments and I think raw cheese does me good.  I can understand those reports that in some cultures they ate cheese as their meals... must remember to eat with raw butter to prevent constipation. 

I just finished off the last of the raw cheese I ordered from France... so it's back to being cheese - less for me... and a wonderful change... actually I've been raring to go on a long fast.  My body is telling me to go on a fast.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 12:05:00 am »
At the start, sourcing is the challenge.
But it gets easier as you get more and more sources.
And more and more variety.
And your methods of sourcing become second nature.
People are amazed sometimes how I can source such seemingly exotic varieties of good food.
I live in the biggest metropolis in my country and I can drive around to wherever the food is.

Variety is wonderful and makes me happy.  Keep trying out other animals, fruits, veggies, root crops, etc. Try also fermenting stuff, making your own, buying fermented stuff.

Yes, exactly.

If you haven't explored raw dairy and other dairy products, you might want to look into that.  I just concluded my raw cheese experiments and I think raw cheese does me good.  I can understand those reports that in some cultures they ate cheese as their meals... must remember to eat with raw butter to prevent constipation. 

I just finished off the last of the raw cheese I ordered from France... so it's back to being cheese - less for me... and a wonderful change... actually I've been raring to go on a long fast.  My body is telling me to go on a fast.

GS, are you sure your body had enough time to get out of tolerance to it before reintroducing dairy products? How long have you been eating 100% raw and paleo (I mean without dairy, of course) before eating dairy again? All the experiments done in Switzerland and France with raw, proper, dairy have been disastrous, on children, adults and elderly  alike – at the condition that the person got out of tolerance before, which takes several months and perhaps even a year or two of 100% raw paleo nutrition.

Also, aren’t you taking short time response for the ultimate answer, which would be of course an illusion? As I mentioned several times previously, in complex system short time response are generally very different than long term effects.   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 12:19:26 am »
I got on the raw goat dairy train as quickly as I could, and it has done me well it seems.
Whether or not it is because of the dairy at all, I am doing better and better as the weeks go by.

I'm just doing what feels right.
Its lead me down a more than satisfactory path so far

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 12:32:43 am »
Hi Iguana,  no ultimate answers here for me so far.  My experiments go on. 
I'm in the experimentation angle as a healer and see what powerful medicinal foods I can use to heal not just me, but also other people. (just happens that raw paleo type foods are the most powerful)

Raw milk is a no go for me.  Not even in this 5th year.  I just get too much gas from raw milk.
But hey, I've got a supposedly terminal kidney cancer patient and he's doing great on raw goat's milk so far.  My own boy went on 3 weeks of pure raw cow's milk diet to finally form his poop well.

Raw cheese, I just started experimenting this 5th year and it was egged on by this Vitamin K2 search...  that vitamin K2 works for me for removing plaque on my teeth was an amazing thing.  Hard plaque just all fell out.

Now that the raw cheese experiment is over... no more raw cheese... I guess I will have to depend on raw brain for vitamin K2.  Let's see if raw brain is just as good with vitamin K2.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:38:17 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 04:38:58 am »
OK.

About being hungry again shortly after a meal, it happens rather often to me. It's no problem: then I search for something else to eat... something raw and paleo, of course! 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 05:34:31 am »
OK.

About being hungry again shortly after a meal, it happens rather often to me. It's no problem: then I search for something else to eat... something raw and paleo, of course!

haha its so simple yet we need to ask the internet.

I agree here a lot also, just eat more.

Maybe your body needed to figure out what it is and signaled stop but found out that it enjoyed that food so said more?
-Dustin

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 08:18:43 am »
haha its so simple yet we need to ask the internet.

I agree here a lot also, just eat more.

Maybe your body needed to figure out what it is and signaled stop but found out that it enjoyed that food so said more?

Haha come on obviously we do that.
Hunger means the body wants nourishment.
We were just wondering if there was a reason for this insatiable hunger

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 08:51:39 pm »

If we eat rather fast, the digestive enzymes may not be able to follow the pace, so we feel we have enough, but after a while allowing those enzymes to do their work, we are hungry again for the same food and can eat some more without problems.

Also, another foodstuff may bring in some enzymes helping digestion of the first food so that we become able to eat again some of the first food. But such cross-mixing should be avoided because it leads to overloads. I mean if we experience an instinctive stop with a foodstuff and then eat something else, we avoid eating the same first food again. If we are still hungry, we choose something else instead.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:34:45 am by Iguana »

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 01:42:55 am »
I find that the faster I eat, the better I seem to feel?
It's weird, I've always been a slow eater.
Always the last one at the table.
But now, I devour each bite very quickly. Feels great.
I don't chew too much either haha

Offline RosettaWood

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:23 pm »
Try adding  ground beef, veggies, potato and eggs to your dinner. It will certainly fill you up. It is not advisable to do this every night though. Surprisingly, these amount of food will not add damage to your health if done in a paleo diet.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 08:46:08 pm »
has this been resolved tayla?

what is he eating at a meal?
what times of day does he eat?
eating enough to support physical level?
possible nutritional deficiencies?

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 11:09:20 am »
i know this thread is older, but i finally read it...  (thanks for the cue, jessica)...

i'd like to chime in on the mention of eating too fast...  if you guys have noticed in some of the pics i post, i use chopsticks.  always.  for everything.  for almost 8 years straight.  my rate of food consumption is definitely slower.  i also cut my meats into nice, bite size pieces before serving / prepping.  this helps me chew more thoroughly, take smaller bites, and eat a little less in a meal than i did on a cooked diet.  i only consume approx 1/4 lb of animal product (whether land or sea, or a combination of both) on any given day, usually at a dinnertime meal (typically with a salad).  the rest of the day is spent with fruits, berries, veggies, nuts and seeds, and water (for additional fats / proteins / calories / carbs as needed).  personally, i find i'm never at a point where i'm "hungry" unless i've gone without.  i haven't paid too much attention to carb / calorie counting.  like mentioned here, it's a little more "instinctive", and i only end up consuming what i use on a daily basis.

i dunno, works for me...     :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:14:55 am by bookittyrun »
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 11:25:48 pm »
haha I had always been a slow eater.
Always the last to finish my meal.
Now I eat pretty fast, chew a lot less, and it feels good!
I've read on here about chewing less working for people, so I never questioned it again.

Should I slow down again?
I havent been noticing any problems I dont think! haha

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:24 am »
I chew just how much I feel like chewing and don't even think about that. When we swallow a too big piece, it pains when passing by the throat, so that the right amount of chewing becomes automatically governed.

But chewing less doesn't necessarily means eating faster altogether.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk