Author Topic: My jaw hurts.  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
My jaw hurts.
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:49:50 am »
I was chewing on a piece of fat last week and out of nowhere my jaw popped and felt like I pulled a muscle. It has been hurting ever since when I try to chew hard things like fat or tendons and when I yawn. It is the part of the jaw that is directly in front of your ear, so upper jaw.

Is this a sign of a potential nutrient deficiency? I've done jaw exercises in the past to strengthen it and get over previous pain. Previously I could move and feel the pain somewhere and then strengthen the muscles that move that way, currently I'm having a harder time finding the right muscles so I've just been doing full range.

Any other thoughts on relieving a pulled/tight/cramped/painful jaw muscle?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My jaw hurts.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 02:01:55 am »
Google acupuncture charts and start massaging the acupuncture points right around that joint.  You will almost certainly find some very sore spots, on one side of the head or the other.  Try to soften those muscles in response to the pressure of your hand when you massage. 

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 02:07:17 am »
Simply do not stress it and it should go away in a few days.

I see no good reason to overstress jaw muscles.  I don't think it needs any training.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:30:29 am »
things hurt once in a while. i find little aches and pains like that go away in no time.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:42:17 am »
Yes I usually get tiny things too but this has been over a week I think and little improvement. Maybe I'm just being a worry wart.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 05:57:29 am »
I've got a bad left side problem where you're describing. Been giving me trouble for over a decade. The jaw disc bunches up.

2 weeks ago I did the same thing as you with a cucumber. It hurt really bad the first day it happened and I couldn't put any pressure on that side, but by the second it was almost gone and the third completely gone.

Either you hurt it worse than I did, or you're healing ability may not be nearly up to snuff. Do you regularly push yourself to your absolute limits (in both sprinting and weight training)? For proper healing ability that is a requirement.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 06:14:01 am »
a sign that you  need to build up your jaw muscles, give it a rest for a while, try some raw liver egg yolk smoothy and then build back up to it later.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:00 am »
I have been starting to train HIT style, always to full failure, full body, about once every 4-5 days. Though I've only done about 3 sessions. My healing rate does seem to be slower than others here on the forum. A egg yolk liver smoothie sounds good. I've had neither in a while.
-Dustin

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 12:21:23 pm »
My jaw used to pop all the time. It's much less frequent now. However it does still happen on occasion, and it never hurts for me. I wonder if it's from going raw or something else? I don't think it happened when I ate cooked.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »
It happened to me when I was eating a cooked diet about 7 months ago and I did the exercises to improve it. It was on the other side IIRC and a different pain. I'll wait it out as my belief in the benefit of massage/acupressure is slowly diminishing. Don;t get me wrong, I'm actually a wonderful masseuse and have developed a sort of "knack" for energy and finding one's painful spot simply by touching them (I feel their pain in my own body, this became far more prominent after going raw, hence the other spiritual changes I'm going through now, sorry; off-topic). I've done self-massage and only experienced short term relief. Exercise tends to be more effective as a long-term treatment IMO.

It may be from raw because not only am I raw but I'm ketogenic and purposefully minimalistic to try and evaluate effectively what doesn't work for me. I include organs as much as possible but there is a limit to it when you get from a beef farm. I am going to start eating wild animals here soon... screw the government. :D
-Dustin

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 03:07:41 pm »
why is sprinting a requirement for healing?
-----------

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 01:32:44 am »
why is sprinting a requirement for healing?

Because sprinting (once or twice a week only) is the top way to bring about positive changes in your physique. Doing the best of anything (especially to the best of your ability) is going to improve your fundamental healing system incredibly. Its different from weight lifting (which imparts its own incredible benefits) in the sense that it is basically our most natural movement, done to an extreme level thus producing extreme results.

I'm a fan of uphill sprinting, and almost always just do it that way on one of the highest inclines I can find. Now, if I sprint on flat ground, it feels like I'm flying, barely touching the ground as I wisp forward at the fastest speeds I've ever acquired.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 05:37:32 am »
I know what you mean about sprinting, I sprinted in track in high school. I never enjoyed long distance but the feeling of a short fast race is so enjoyable. Quickest way to get a full body worn out IMO cause if you can lift something with your arms by the end of the 200m dash you didn't work hard enough, not to mention the 400... ugh.
-Dustin

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »
Dr D, because of generations on cooked foods, our jaws have weakened pretty much therefore it is somewhat "normal" that now you are using them the way they were supposed to work, they hurt sometimes..
If it is not too bad, then do not worry about it and keep exercising!  ;)

Power to jaws!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk