Author Topic: Looking for an intern for 2012 season  (Read 5883 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Looking for an intern for 2012 season
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:28 am »
I am moving back to NY, I will be working at a grass based dairy I have worked before. There is room for a lot of projects, I am open to raise any livestock, will be selling at local farmers markets.

This will be near the majestic Delaware river valley in the Catskill Mountains. About 2 hours from New York City.

It would be cool to have a helper and someone to eat with and hang or whatever. I got a Greenstar Juicer, want to be following the primal diet pretty closely.

I am going to be strip grazing the farmers cows. I want to work at helping the farmer go organic or grass fed, his farm is close to organic but he feeds large amount of feed : ( . He has 200 acres on the top of a mountain, over a hundred head of cattle.

This is a great wilderness area on the east coast and I know many many areas for foraging, hunting and farming, I have lived most of my life there.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:09:26 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an intern for 2012 season
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 11:52:16 am »
Hi, you are not far from me. Every weekend  I go to upstate and can stop by if you want. It  will be great  to buy some products from your farm. Good luck.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:31 pm »
What's the living situation like?

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:10:08 am »
What would an unskilled at farming, woman like myself make farming? Would there be room and board? How do they handle health insurance? I don't see how I could join you at your farm, or if they would want me, but I wonder what options exist for me because I am very unhappy as a nurse in the hospital. It pays the bills, so I continue. I also have a husband and 16y/o daughter how would that go? I'm not looking for promises, just generalizations, to get an idea of  the possibilities.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:36:34 pm »
I have family that live in the catskills. I would definitly love to discuss this with you. Please get back to me.
-----------

Offline Pakistan

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 02:08:04 pm »
It would be cool to have a helper and someone to eat with and hang or whatever. I got a Greenstar Juicer, want to be following the primal diet pretty closely.

NAT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk