Author Topic: emu oil  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
emu oil
« on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:04 am »
does any know about emu and what brand(s) are legit? i'd like to try it on a relatively recent scar of mine. 

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: emu oil
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »
A friend was drunk and fell out of taxi busted his face and got this scar on his face. He put rosehip oil on it everyday and after a few months it disappeared.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »
I'm highly sceptical of all such stuff. I was a big fan of herbal medicine plus things like grapeseed extract, evening primrose oil  etc. etc. in my pre-rawpalaeodiet days and none of that stuff actually worked on me.

Try a genuine raw fat. I've heard of people using raw-meat poultices. Perhaps a raw, fatty poultice in the form of raw marrow of the soft, creamy kind?

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:47:42 am »
Try a genuine raw fat. I've heard of people using raw-meat poultices. Perhaps a raw, fatty poultice in the form of raw marrow of the soft, creamy kind?

I tried emu oil for a while because it was mentioned as effective on a forum for a long-time condition that I have (not a scar). I was skeptical, too, and became more skeptical when I understood the ultra-purification process that was used to refine the emu fat. I get good results with raw fats, as TD suggests. I apply beef fat, marrow, avocado, and coconut to my skin, and I'm happy with the results.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:49:46 am »
ok, much easier! thanks for the advice, all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk