Author Topic: Hello! Help a newb from Southern California :D  (Read 4461 times)

Offline ryohazuki

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello! Help a newb from Southern California :D
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »
Hello guys, I want to start adding raw meat to my diet.

My understanding is that I should eat grass-fed cattle only, which I found a farmer's  market near me from http://www.eatwild.com/products/californiaresources.htm :
Irvine Farmers Market
Saturdays, 8am-noon
Campus Drive and Bridge Road
Irvine, CA
Diamond Mountain Ranch
http://www.eatwild.com/products/california.html#diamond

Also, am I supposed to eat particular chicken/eggs? I was watching a youtube video of someone saying he only eats chicken that are fed non GMO corn. Is that found at a usual farmer's market? Does this go for eggs as well?

Are there any specific types of grass-fed cattle meat I should get?

And finally, have any of you gotten sick from these diets? How will I know if I'm sick?

Thank you!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! Help a newb from Southern California :D
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »
Yes, you should avoid grainfed meats of ALL kinds.  Wild-caught fish is also an excellent meat source.
Chickens are very rarely worth eating.  I have never encountered a farmer feeding chickens a diet that would make the chickens worth eating regularly.

I personally rarely eat beef.  I eat a lot of ocean fish.

If you get sick, you'll know it.  Avoid extremes, and you're likely to do better.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:03:25 am »
Is that found at a usual farmer's market? Does this go for eggs as well?

Are there any specific types of grass-fed cattle meat I should get?

And finally, have any of you gotten sick from these diets? How will I know if I'm sick?

Thank you!

i've never met a farmer that used gmo anything, but you should ask anyway. and yes, this includes eggs as well.

you might want to take care that the grass-fed cattle are 100% grass-fed and finished.

never gotten sick from this diet, but if you do you'll know :)

Offline ryohazuki

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:31:57 am »
Thanks for the responses guys.

Do you guys wash the meat through water at all?

Mostly I'm just concerned about blood borne diseases/food poisoning and all..

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 07:26:42 am »
Thanks for the responses guys.

Do you guys wash the meat through water at all?

Mostly I'm just concerned about blood borne diseases/food poisoning and all..

You might be interested in checking out this website for more info on what kind of animal foods to look for.

http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html

It explains the safety of antibiotic and hormone free, and grass fed meats. As well as pastured chicken eggs, etc.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 07:37:34 am »
the Japanese have been eating raw meat and fish regularly for centuries. They have no epidemics of such diseases.  In fact, hundreds of cultures all over the world regularly eat raw meat/fish regularly, again, without epidemics.

Offline HeatherRoses

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 01:01:09 pm »
Maybe avoid Pacific caught fish that are caught between Alaska and Baja if you are concerned about radiation.   I'm in SoCal and belong to a food club that gets fresh meat and organs, marrow, etc from North Star Bison.  They have a good website. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 02:28:17 pm »
I second the above comments. I just wish to add that raw wild game is even better than 100% grassfed meats, though you may bhave difficulty in finding such in the US, I gather due to silly laws.

Also chicken should be "pastured" which means that they are allowed out to feed on worms, insects and so on. Rawpalaeo farmers here often feed their chickens on raw meats because they think that`s best for them. At any rate, chickens fed on diets very high in grains, even non-GMO grains, are very unhealthy and to be avoided.

There has never been a mass epidemic in the rawpalaeodiet community. It is nothing to worry about. There is a transitional period  whereby some people experience detox, but this is only temporary. I, for example, had constant green diarrhea for my first 2-3 days, then it stopped. After that, I had detoxes lasting from 2-7 days every 2 to 4 months, which decreased in terms of severity, duration and frequency, until they stopped after c.2 years. Detoxes are nothing to worry about, they are just the body`s way of getting rid of toxins built up after decades of eating cooked foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk