Author Topic: Anomaly  (Read 13551 times)

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
Re: Anomaly
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 11:24:09 am »
that's all fine and good, but please,  down tone your responses, and simply add information to enlighten.   thanks

thanks, van.     ;)
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:19 am »
Do they grow those landrace strains where they are from?  do they never cross those?  i doubt it. 

I really think there are people that cannabis isn't suitable medicine for.  I am one of those people.  what state do you live in svrn?  I am from Colorado, cannabis culture is pretty old and common out there.

Not really the best choice for pain meds by most because most people dont try and treat root causes first.  it just deemphasizes the need to clean up diet and lifestyle and insure emotional and spiritual needs are dealt with.  balancing all this is the best pain med you could ask for.   i do see where this does happen, but there are so many cardholders and people who smoke that could give a fuck.  there are also other herbal meds that can more acutely treat symptoms.  i always have hoped marijuana would be the gateway drug to more natural medicines, but the fact is there is an industry that thrives on its recreational use.

so what if they arent grown where they are from? Id bet 95 percent of the food you eat does not genetically originate from  where it is grown. It makes no difference.

finding landrace strains is so easy, i dont see what the complaint is, from what I hear from older people, what they were smoking in the 60 is stronger than what they are smoking today
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 11:40:20 am »
that's all fine and good, but please,  down tone your responses, and simply add information to enlighten.   thanks

your right i just hear people saying this stuff around me constantly and its just not true.
Cannabis is probably the plant with the least tampered with genetics. The top seed companies go around the world unearthing new landrace strains every year. Greenhouse seeds documents this in their series called strainhunters.
-----------

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »
I have heard from many that similar strains smoked grown in different countrys are totally different.  Like African sativas on that continent are totally different from African sativas grown in a very isolated growing situation here in the states. 

I remember smoking weed in the early 90's that was so totally different from todays weed, old home grown, old Mexican "red hair" brick weed, when we finally got "kind bud", and then having smoked whats now considered "medical marijuana" with HUUGE ridiculous tricomes, and high amounts of every kind of cannabinoid not just THC.  I mean come on, its like franken herb .  In the last 20 years the difference is incredible to me.  It might be different if I were over in Europe where maybe some of those "stronger" strains were more available then.  But I do believe in how they are grown, how the amount of nutrients and climate control is maximized and mimicking light cycles is pushing the plants to be much different then something grown in the wild or in native soils.

I know that some of the more heritage strains are way more entheogenic then purely mentally sedating or whatever its considered when you get high, no amount of "couch lock" or stupor.  There are so many property's to different kinds of strains and I do understand that there are growers saving genetics.  I really do think there is just a true lack of knowledge and respect based around its use, and its really no use to a population who fails to change underlying issues. 

Anyway srvn, I am not against mj by any means, I have friends who have seed companies and go to all of the cannabis cups here in the states.  I truly respect it as having medicinal properties, but I think like any thing that becomes an industry its misused.  People use it as a lifetime sedative for issues that can be healed through other means. I don't smoke any more after many years of dealing with the fact that most every strain unnecessarily lowers my blood sugar and causes hypoglycemia and lack of motivation and I have found much better herbs and entheogens to help heal issues, non of which I use regularly or plan to use if I don't need them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:29:16 pm by jessica »

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
Modern marijuana smoking does not cure anything.  The medicinal properties are largely ingestion.  Can you think of any other plant which is actually good for us to inhale the smoke of?  If you cough after first inhaling something it is because your lungs want rid of it.  The pain relief aspects of marijuana are a topical fix. As for feeling "relaxed" i really don't need help in that area, as I am relaxing right now in a comfortable easy chair, drug free.

The hops in beer are loaded with estrogen which is why beer drinkers are so fat and have those man breasts.  Alcohol is toxic for the liver and kills brain cells.  Something which makes us feel physically ill is obviously not good for us.
You couldn't pay me to consume alcohol or do drugs of any kind.  I hate drugs even more than religious people.  They make me fearful and have an overall unpleasant feeling in the head. 
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »
Modern marijuana smoking does not cure anything.  The medicinal properties are largely ingestion.  Can you think of any other plant which is actually good for us to inhale the smoke of?  If you cough after first inhaling something it is because your lungs want rid of it.  The pain relief aspects of marijuana are a topical fix. As for feeling "relaxed" i really don't need help in that area, as I am relaxing right now in a comfortable easy chair, drug free.

The hops in beer are loaded with estrogen which is why beer drinkers are so fat and have those man breasts.  Alcohol is toxic for the liver and kills brain cells.  Something which makes us feel physically ill is obviously not good for us.
You couldn't pay me to consume alcohol or do drugs of any kind.  I hate drugs even more than religious people.  They make me fearful and have an overall unpleasant feeling in the head.

first of all cannabis is a plant not a drug. Yes there are medicinal properties in smoking it. Studies have shown for example that cannabis smokers have lower levels of alzheimers than non smokers there are many other benefits that you can easily google. Cannabis is also a great lung expectorant meaning it makes you cough up things in your lungs and clean them out. The coughing is actually good. Lung cancer rates are lower and lung capacity higher in non smokers as well.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035980_cannabis_smokers_cancer.html

eating one emal of cooked food actually causes absorption of more heat created toxins than a yaers worth of cigarettes at 2 packs a day

http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/wd-smoking.html

so no smoking cannabis is not bad for you at all and there are benefits to smoking it which cant be gotten from eating it..
as far as eating it raw and juicing it, I think the benefits are much greater and can be even stronger when made into an oil.

drugs are bad, plants are good.

cannabis is actually the most important plant in the world. especially for humans and their diet.
-----------

Offline straight8

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 11:06:11 am »
Wow man...there are some real prudies on here..its like 1000 bullshit fears regarding weed.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 03:02:23 am »
an update on the medicinal weed.
There is a new trend in the cannabis community of medical strains. These have low thc and high cbd/cbn counts which relieve many specific pains.

I have trid some of these and while they do have less of a trippy effect due to lower thc I often get even higher on thsoe strains as the cannabinoids make my body feel very nice while leaving my mind less high.

So although the medicinal strains do have a different effect, dont assume that they make you any less high.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 03:06:12 am »
Iv also been experimenting with smoking various other herbs including many that were harvested in the wild with wild genetics. I find I get the least amount of negative effects from smoking marijuana.

The plant iv smoked with the most negative effects is organic chemical free tobacco. The nicotine itself had me on the floor very sick a few times. This never happens with cannabis.

The wild tabacco has even more nicotine actually so would have had me even more sick.
So dont assume that wild is always better although I agree that it usually is.

also the old timers always tell me the stuff they smoked in the 60 and 70s was way stronger.
-----------

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »
an update on the medicinal weed.
There is a new trend in the cannabis community of medical strains. These have low thc and high cbd/cbn counts which relieve many specific pains.

I have trid some of these and while they do have less of a trippy effect due to lower thc I often get even higher on thsoe strains as the cannabinoids make my body feel very nice while leaving my mind less high.

So although the medicinal strains do have a different effect, dont assume that they make you any less high.

Harlequin was one of these with high CBD. Very very good bud.

My uncle is a Naturopathic doctor who has never smoked weed. He takes a CBD tincture every day and has for the past few months. Im going to have to ask him what effects he's noticed.
Gnawing on bones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk