Author Topic: Raw duck  (Read 2307 times)

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw duck
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:51:32 am »
Raw duck- is it good, is it fatty?  I have found a great local source for this and may purchase it, also plain duck fat too if possible. Ever had plain raw duck fat?
-nicole
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Raw duck
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:38 am »
Yes, duck breast is fatty. I like it, though I find I need to chop the fatty bits into relatively small chunks to avoid choking on them. It tends to crush rather than break up when chewed and I inherited a somewhat narrow throat.

I've seen rendered duck fat sold, never raw on its own.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:22:18 pm »
Raw duck- is it good, is it fatty?  I have found a great local source for this and may purchase it, also plain duck fat too if possible. Ever had plain raw duck fat?
-nicole
I love the taste of raw wild mallard duck but I find the taste of raw, organic duck to taste very bland by comparison, no doubt due to the grains the  organic-raised ducks eat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
Is the raw fat waxy or oily? Thank you:)
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk