Author Topic: raw fish (sashimi) do you?  (Read 17512 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raw fish (sashimi) do you?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 07:15:01 am »
can all the organs/insides of the fish be eaten? how many of you actually eat the WHOLE fish(head, organs etc.)?

Inger eats fish head smoothies a lot. I do not, but I eat a lot of shellfish. I do worry about mercury in the organs of large predatory fish.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:54 am »
can all the organs/insides of the fish be eaten? how many of you actually eat the WHOLE fish(head, organs etc.)?

I used a googled fish anatomy chart to figure out what's what in fish and shellfish. In a fish, I don't eat the gills, for example, but the other little bits are okay to eat. Not much to it in a small fish. They have all the organs, but itty-bitty ones.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 09:51:41 am »
If the fish is small enough, the whole fish. If it's bigger than a sardine, then I avoid the head and some innards.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 10:42:58 am »
Squid ink is good. I don't enjoy squid very much, other than the ink, though.  They're not fatty enough for me.
It's also apparently healthful:

How black squid ink may help fight cancer and tumor cells: Glycosis happens
http://www.naturalnews.com/043074_squid_ink_health_food_disease_prevention.html

And squid ink is not the only beneficial natural pigment:

Functions of natural pigments on gastric ulcer and cancer
http://tissuescience-regenerativemedicine.conferenceseries.com/abstract/2015/functions-of-natural-pigments-on-gastric-ulcer-and-cancer#sthash.WXyTE00S.dpuf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-476366/Brightly-coloured-fruits-hold-key-fighting-cancer.html

"Mitochondria: The 'power supplies' of cells. I believe, they also represent pulsating near infrared light sources because they contain the vast majority of porphyrin (heme-)containing proteins in tissue cells, namely the cytochromes." - Prof. Guenter Albrecht-Buehler, http://www.basic.northwestern.edu/g-buehler/htmltxt.htm

Light-harvesting chlorophyll pigments enable mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP
http://jcs.biologists.org/content/127/2/388.full

Nonphotosynthetic Pigments as Potential Biosignatures

Flavonoids and Melanins: A Common Strategy across Two Kingdoms

PLOS ONE: Ionizing Radiation Changes the Electronic Properties of Melanin and Enhances the Growth of Melanized Fungi

Methylene blue is a photosensitizer: A transcriptional response to singlet oxygen, a toxic byproduct of photosynthesis.

Methylene Blue: Revisited
Prashant R. Ginimuge and S.D. Jyothi
J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Oct-Dec; 26(4): 517–520.
"Recent research suggests that Methylene Blue and other redox cyclers induce selective cancer cell apoptosis by NAD (P) H: quinine oxidoreductase (NQO1)-dependent bioreductive generation of cellular oxidative stress. Hence Methylene Blue is being investigated for the photodynamic treatment of cancer."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:54:51 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:30 am »
Much to look through, there.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 03:57:43 pm »
Squid ink.
Yes i eat whole tiny squid.
Muat look for that again.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »
mackerel?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 06:47:44 am »
mercury in raw fish actually detoxes toxic mercury in your body. Not only is it harmless but it is in fact very healthy and natural.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk