Author Topic: BE Wild - a 23 week online course with Daniel Vitalis  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
BE Wild - a 23 week online course with Daniel Vitalis
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
Hi guys, I ve received an email sponsoring this intensive and interesting course in rewilding.
http://www.bodyenlightenment.me/university/be-wild

Id like to participate since I believe it is very useful, especially for us that we are seeking a more natural approach to life.
The total cost is 349 us dollars.
I thought we could join forces and share the costs of the whole curse, making it more accessible to those interested (I am the first in the line!).

Also, by the time the course will start, I believe I ll be already on the deserted beach I found with no internet connection and I need to have the calls stored somewhere to be downloaded later on..

Take some time to think about it.
Registrations Close October 5 at midnight.

Any help is appreciated!

Feel free to PM me for further details.

May the Spirits bless you!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: BE Wild - a 23 week online course with Daniel Vitalis
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »
 I think its a little weird to pay A LOT of money for an ONLINE course to learn to "re-wild".    Your time on a deserted beach with no internet is actually just being in this teaching.  Why pay money to have someone tell you that?  The whole purpose is that you have to go out and BE in the wild, in your wild nature, and actually be the experience, not just learn about it.  I think the path of seeking through not doing is just misleading, there are teachers who teach by being the example and doing, and then there are teachers who teach by continually leading you down their path, and you realizing through disappointment and frustration that theirs is not your own.  There is no other lesson then taking those first steps down your own path to creating your own experience, that is the awakening. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:19:28 pm by jessica »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:01 am »
Hi Jessica, I agree with you.

It took me several years to get to this point in my life and part of those years, I ve spent home, living in a flat in a big city..

The course is a guide for people that wish to rewild but not sure how.. and it gives a "tested" way to do it, step by step, which make them safer somehow..

I just threw myself on the road, in the savannah, on the beaches etcetc but I guess there are not many people ready to take the risks, some of which avoidable if forethought..
I got 2 friends of mine jailed while trying to rewild themselves in a foreign country, one of which recently came back from Kenya after 3 weeks of detention..
Because I ve been there, it is painful for me to even try to imagine what he has been thru.....

Anyway, today I went in the forest again with some guests here and they know a very cool native guide that could take me to visit some uncontacted tribes in the Amazon..
That is what I was looking for! Straight there! heh

Thank You kind Rustling Trees!  :D :D

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:07:49 am »
Anyway, today I went in the forest again with some guests here and they know a very cool native guide that could take me to visit some uncontacted tribes in the Amazon..
That is what I was looking for! Straight there! heh

That’s what I was thinking of: it’d be better to learn in a practical situation with indigenous tribes rather than theoretically. You don’t really learn driving by theoretical lesson on line (even it would help because theory is an absolute prerequisite), but by being at the wheel.

Uncontacted tribes, really? Are there still some? It will be a grand experience, not easy at all I guess, but you can do it.

You can also learn yourself which plants, fruits, mushrooms, insects, etc. are edible and which ones are noxious. Just be careful: don’t immediately swallow something you don’t know but if  it smells ok, take a small piece in the mouth and wait at least 6 – 8  seconds to be sure it tastes good still. But, because a certain amount is fine, it doesn’t mean that it will remain so whatever the amount. For example, some wild fruits may be tasty and beneficial in a small amount, but if we go beyond that amount, they become toxic. You can feel what is the proper amount: it gets bitter or the taste shifts to bad when it becomes noxious.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:53:05 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:16:33 pm »
Uncontacted tribes, really? Are there still some? It will be a grand experience, not easy at all I guess, but you can do it.

Thanks dear!  ;) :-*

You can also learn yourself which plants, fruits, mushrooms, insects, etc. are edible and which ones are noxious. Just be careful: don’t immediately swallow something you don’t know but if  it smells ok, take a small piece in the mouth and wait at least 6 – 8  seconds to be sure it tastes good still. But, because a certain amount is fine, it doesn’t mean that it will remain so whatever the amount. For example, some wild fruits may be tasty and beneficial in a small amount, but if we go beyond that amount, they become toxic. You can feel what is the proper amount: it gets bitter or the taste shifts to bad when it becomes noxious.

Yeah, I guess so!
Indigenous people wait first for a monkey to eat unknown fruits and just observe what happens..

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:51 pm »
Really  amazing adventures Aura. 

I think its the trick with those classes, to give people a glimpse of what the are aching for but let them down and remind them that you cant just throw money at enlightenment or rewilding and expect it to happen, you really just have to do it.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »
Really  amazing adventures Aura. 

I think its the trick with those classes, to give people a glimpse of what the are aching for but let them down and remind them that you cant just throw money at enlightenment or rewilding and expect it to happen, you really just have to do it.

Agree.
You know, I guess my interest into taking this course it is not really to gain "knowledge" as the real knowledge I am hungry for is the kind one solely finds in total communion with Elements.
Therefore, it is rather to get a social, virtual interaction with like minded people, because this is what I am somewhat lacking at the moment. I believe that would stimulate more my intellectual/spiritual side while I would complement the physical side with local/indigenous people.

For example, I just spoke with a hunter right now and we are going to go off trail to map some trees within this property and hopefully hunt the "catitu" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collared_peccary.

According to him,  there is plenty of it over here. Pity I do not eat red meat at all..  -\

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »
its pork......the other white meat!

seriously you should consider eating the fat and belly, there is so much goodness in those little animals!

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 01:01:11 am »
Huh, wiki says they eat fruits and roots and tubers, etc. Now I know there are many different types of pig species, are they all omnivores with a tendency towards plant matter? I assumed that most were scavengers and wandered looking for dead stuff and bugs, only occasionally eating grasses/tubers/other plants.

Although I have never been much for pork, I'll assume that it's because I've never had wild pork, and would probably say that piglet would be tasty. Though I do have a large preference towards red meat. 
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 02:46:51 am »
they probably scavenge for meat here and there but in deserts and different climates there are fruits and nuts ripening all year, and all types of tubers, fungi and bugs in the ground.   I know that in southern Arizona, like right on the border with Mexico we had a lot of javalinas around a few of the farms I worked on.  so we had fencing and also had to make sure the huge compost pits were covered with brush and dirt after getting loads of ripe fruit and the pumpkin fields and harvest would get ravaged.  there were also wild things to eat like jojoba nuts that are high in oil and cactus fruit

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:21 pm »
they probably scavenge for meat here and there but in deserts and different climates there are fruits and nuts ripening all year, and all types of tubers, fungi and bugs in the ground.   I know that in southern Arizona, like right on the border with Mexico we had a lot of javalinas around a few of the farms I worked on.  so we had fencing and also had to make sure the huge compost pits were covered with brush and dirt after getting loads of ripe fruit and the pumpkin fields and harvest would get ravaged.  there were also wild things to eat like jojoba nuts that are high in oil and cactus fruit

Did you ever try to trap and kill the javelinas for their meat? 

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »
no, it wasn't my farm or property and the guys down there weren't really into that.  I would have absolutely loved to though, they were fat and healthy and plentiful.

the pigs I raised myself at a TON of fruits and veggies, but they didn't have a huge area to forage.  Most folks on the farm would bring them over wheelbarrows of tomatoes and peaches and carrots, beats, melons, turnips, lots of carby things and I swear they were diabetic and hated us for it.  I would try and do a little better and bring them greens and flowering grains and such, but it was still very starchy, lots of corn stalks, and they were mean as all get.

if I ever have pigs again ill make sure I am in an a grassy oak forest so they can eat acorns and bugs.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 09:59:40 pm »
Aura, I hear you about trying to connect with likeminded community.  its hard, I will probably forever be searching for my tribe.  so i understand wanting to participate for that.  its just hard for me to see the translation between computer/technological communication i guess, it definitely effects our perspective of the world and our communities.

there are all kinds of rewilding communities in the states, you just have to be where they are, i have lived super close to many but not close enough i guess. 

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »
there are all kinds of rewilding communities in the states, you just have to be where they are, i have lived super close to many but not close enough i guess.

Yes, I found some on the internet but they are living in cold climates!
I just cannot live outside of the tropics anymore..
Let alone complicated visas issues..

It would be good to create such community here in Brazil (or at least, south america), lets do it guys!  O0

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 05:53:39 pm »
Hi again!

I just wanted to update the course situation..

I have a person - who like me - is willing to take the course and upload the contents on a online storage drive.

The complete course costs  347$ but because I have signed up to the "Wild Summit" , I have got a 50$ coupon on the checkout.

We will use it and bring the costs furthermore down.
 So far, we are at 148,5 dollars each.

If we could find just one  more person we could pay as little as 99$ each!

Hurry up, we are reaching deadline in a few days!

Thank You!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk