Author Topic: Gross topic deleted  (Read 5624 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Gross topic deleted
« on: October 01, 2013, 05:03:06 am »
    ...Which brings me to this question: how can I refer my friends to this forum when posts like this one are allowed to remain? Granted, I am proposing a curtailment of free speech, but if we are so concerned with proofreading for correct spelling so that "others" do not think we are uneducated, we should be that much more concerned with polite content. Statements such as "BUURNNNNNN U SAD S*** EATING T***" are (IMO) much worse that misspellings. I fail to see anything in the content of this post that promotes or explains RPD&L.
-------------
I agree 100%. Hence the fact that I DON'T send people here to learn about nutrition. The forum is far too poorly moderated to risk sending someone here, in my opinion.

I deleted the topic. Thanks to Eveheart and to Eric for the above remarks and sorry for the delay in removing that dirt. The problem is that we are several mods and one doesn't want to act alone without the approval of others. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Gross topic deleted
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:53:56 am »
Thanks Iguana, I agree with the decision :)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:04:04 am »
Yes, to tell you the truth, I also found that post out of place..

Did you give a warning to the poster?
Banned him?

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:26:15 am »
I guess if others are talking about it, I'll join in. I agree. The post was not relevant even in an off-topic manner to health. We can all search the dark corners of YouTube and find plenty of gross stuff that occurs because of SAD. Not necessary for a forum dedicated to health and a healthful lifestyle.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:14 am »
Did you give a warning to the poster?
Banned him?
No, AFAIK we neither warned nor banned him. Do you think we should have?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 06:33:51 am »
No banning, I think it's good to get a consensus from the regular users before deleting topics.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »
lol
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk