Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209735 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:01:20 am »
http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/this-guy-has-eaten-nothing-but-raw-meat-for-five-years

Nice article, I enjoyed it very much!  ;) ;)

I had a couple of goats in my yard that I was using for milk, and, you know, I was tired of milking them, so I slaughtered them.

That sounded so rough heh

ROTFLMAO

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 07:02:44 am »
That's really cool man! I like the article. It seems fairly accurate of an overview of raw paleo. The people commenting are batshit crazy but some actually are smart enough to know what's good.

One commenter said it requires more energy to digest raw food than cooked. Where did that nonsense come from? Veggies that are impossible for is to digest in the first place?

Anyways, thanks for sharing!
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:35:50 am »
Great interview.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:40:33 am »
Awesome, what a great article.  Vice does a very good job of covering "fringe" topics so I am glad to see there was no bias, just a simple Q and A.  I am jealous of your meat dedicated fridge!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 08:44:40 am »
Very good short article.  Nice pics. Congratulations!

I made a comment on the article inviting people to our forum.

------- update 01 ------------

the moderators of vice, removed my comment:

Congratulations on a wonderful article Derek Nance. For those interested to know more, there are a whole bunch of us global practitioners of Derek's Raw Paleolithic Diet at http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/ - There are a lot more people like Derek and we are thriving on this diet.

-----------------------------------

I'm inviting you guys to make comments supporting derek as well.

-------------- update 02 ---------------

I posted a shorter comment:

For those interested to know more, there are a whole bunch of us global practitioners of Derek's Raw Paleolithic Diet at http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/ - There are a lot more people like Derek and we are thriving on this diet.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:18:34 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:08 am »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:26 pm »
Wonderful read. Of course, the article is  trying to portray SB as a dangerous lunatic. It will take some time before they do serious interviews without mocking us in some way.

Some amusing comments such as " your fridge looks like it belongs to Satan".

Anyway, I am glad it got printed in the Daily Mail. The more coverage we get, the better.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:11:12 pm »
I found the article disheartening. Derek was mocked pretty blatantly, and the photographs they printed portrayed him as a fringe goofball. This might appeal to adventurous young men who are still in a developmental stage where they get kicks from grossing others out with their lifestyle choices, but it's hard for me to imagine that it will appeal to anyone else.

Did you get paid to do this interview Derek?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:03 pm »
Nice article.  I just wished they used better pictures.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »
Tyler I totally disagree, its printing in the daily mail just makes it lose any credibility.  They are likening his meat "addiction" to the same stories they run about women being addicted to eating personal care products like deodorant and "vapor rubs".  At least in the vice article they don't use that terminology.

Well, thanks for continually putting yourself out there Derek.  I think the pictures are great, maybe its just Derek's hair cut, lol.  The photo of you and your girlfriend is ADORABLE!  I can tell now why you are dating this "older" woman, her youthful soul definitely shows through. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 05:21:49 am »
Jessica, I agree, that's a wonderful picture. Even though they were trying to make him seem crazy, that picture makes him seem the opposite.  :)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 05:32:34 am »
Thanks for your support.

It was a real on the fly thing, the reporter was couch surfing across the country looking for stories, and was staying with a friend of my girlfriend, and one day out of the blue they just stopped by. Honestly I had given up on reaching the mainstream....... its funny how things turn out..

I must admittingly agree with Tyler that without the appearance of lunacy this kind of story will not be covered. Tyler and many others have tried doing serious interviews with limited success. I reach people who wouldn't hear of the raw paleo diet any other way, by being who I am... (the milker/ slayer of goats and proud owner of Satan's refrigerator)

Eric, I love you... and no I didn't get paid, I am a cheap slut, engaged in a labor of love, and should not be confused for a media whore.
I acknowledge your cynicism. You are right, I can be seen as a fringe goofball, who by some miracle has managed to survive eating a diet that will likely kill me some day, If that's what people want to see that's what they will get. For those who see something more, I welcome you aboard with an open heart(dripping with the lifes blood that nourishes both body and soul.) urging those who hunger for a better life to take a big bite.

The huffing-ton post called today, and I did a 10 minute interview over the phone.
It went rawsomely well.
Hopefully it will broadcast to hundreds of thousands of people.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:12:16 am »
In future interviews, please make sure they write "raw, palaeolithic diet", not just "palaeolithic diet". Otherwise there is confusion.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 06:15:15 am »
hell yes!!!!!!

Let's keep posting our http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com in their comments section to maximize our exposure.  The public needs to know there are more of us out there.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 06:36:35 am »
For those who see something more, I welcome you aboard with an open heart(dripping with the lifes blood that nourishes both body and soul.) urging those who hunger for a better life to take a big bite.

Mmm, that is so innerly visceral my friend..  :P  :-* ;)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 06:51:46 am »
Derek,   I would like to suggest that the  next time (and I'm sure there will be, you write so well, and come across in videos as a together guy) you do an interview that you include some little tid bits about why it's working for you, beyond the blood and guts angle.  As in, how stable your blood sugar is now and how that has led to your body creating less and less cortisol thus reducing general inflamation and allowing your body to heal..  And any other examples where by someone who is reading or watching can correlate with mainstream current medical advice (less carbs, omega threes, no sugar)   They will be quicker to understand if they can relate to what they are already hearing in the news. 
  You might want to think about figuring out how to do more of these ( and I'd agree, a different hair style might help, but then maybe not).   I think you have talent and a natural authenticity that could play out well for you long term.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:56:49 am by cherimoya_kid »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:19 am »
( and I'd agree, a different hair style might help, but then maybe not). 

He is beautifully RAW!
Please, change your hairstyle ONLY if you feel like it. Do not become "pretty" but fake like those models floating on the sidebar of your interview.

The pics of you I like the most is the first one.  Your eyes and smile look so shiny!!  ;)
Whose pans are those on the background? heh

I think you have talent and a natural authenticity that could play out well for you long term.

Sure he has!  8)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:42 am »
http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/the-paleo-diet-101-517841489

The video you linked to here does not feature you or any aspect of your story. It's a blonde woman talking for ~2 minutes.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 08:54:46 am »
The next interviews will be more impressive when they show you sick, then your diet, then your work butchering, then your hobby... pole fitness!

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:35 am »
sorry guys, i've really had my head in the books and swamped with work lately, but i just wanted to check in because a friend of mine wanted to show me this article and i said OMG THATS SABERTOOTH. hahahhaha... well congrats sabertooth! as you get more publicity, hopefully you learn how to better share your story/take more control from the interviewer and the interviewers come to better appreciation and respect who you are and where you've been. and yes, your girlfriend is so darn cute!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 09:49:22 am »
He is beautifully RAW!
Please, change your hairstyle ONLY if you feel like it. Do not become "pretty" but fake like those models floating on the sidebar of your interview.

LOL sorry I ever mentioned it.  Derek said he was kind of caught off guard, perhaps it was also not his best hair day.  He looks the picture of health otherwise, good, tight, blemish free skin, no bags under the eye, healthy weight, kind of weird red tint to the teeth but well ignore that!  I am surprised there aren't as many negative comments as I expected.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 10:19:44 am »
It looked to me like they purposefully took a picture after he ate blood to show him looking crazy. IMO he looks great either way.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk