Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209587 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 11:54:35 am »
sorry guys, i've really had my head in the books and swamped with work lately, but i just wanted to check in because a friend of mine wanted to show me this article and i said OMG THATS SABERTOOTH. hahahhaha... well congrats sabertooth! as you get more publicity, hopefully you learn how to better share your story/take more control from the interviewer and the interviewers come to better appreciation and respect who you are and where you've been. and yes, your girlfriend is so darn cute!

I second this you guys look great together, really happy too
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »
Well done Derek, great interview! I thought you also eat some plant foods, don't you?

I rather wise reader's comment:
Kevin Two · Student Desktop Technician at Administrative Computing and Systems Helpdesk
Bunch of uneducated ignorant people commenting. If you took a look at our (humans) past, we used to be hunter gathers and ate pretty much nothing but meat, whether cooked or raw. He's eating pretty clean organic meat and even better to eat it raw because for one, most if not all of the nutrients are retained, and second of all the meat will be easier to digest because the protein state is in a easier to digest form compared to cooked meat. I don't see a problem with his diet, in fact, it should be a good example of why modern diet is so bad for humans. We are not meant to be eating so much processed carbohydrates. If we can stick to basic, clean, minimally processed foods, our health as a society will be so much better. Don't listen to the USDA, throw away that incorrect food pyramid where it encourages diabetes and heart disease. Get back to basics and eat as we should have as hunter gatherers. Food in it's natural state, with focus on high fiber, high fat, medium protein, and zero processed carbohydrates.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 05:52:24 pm »
Excellent interview, thanks Derek I really enjoyed reading this.

It was great to read to my wife about how cool your vegan girlfriend is about your diet  :D

There were many positive comments on the Vice site, but daily mail comments all seemed to be negative - could just be the British are so well programmed   ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 06:31:58 pm »
Well, my comment was allowed on the daily mail. I even managed to post it twice because I had thought that the first one did not go through.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:24 am »
Derek,

Karen Pendergrass of paleo diet sent you a message for an interview.  Pls check your OTHER mailbox on facebook if she is not yet in your friend list.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08:18 am »
TD, it's fine because you make different points in the second comment.

Sabertooth:  I also find that  your couple show a nice example of love and tolerance. It really demonstrates that both of you are not at all fanatical about food, one being almost vegetarian and the other one a pure raw carnivore!  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 02:11:33 am »
Brilliant article! I enjoyed reading it.
I have a question. How old is your vegan girl-friend?  I think she is great, very open minded person.
Eating raw fish and meat since 17.11.08. 99% raw since 25.04.08.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 03:18:38 am »
The comments in the dailymail article are far more immature than the Vice comments.

Hannibal!

He'll be a cannibal next!

He'll eat his girlfriend next!

Get ready for gout!

People are so indoctrinated by the govt./media/social standards/ desire for pleasure in culinary arts/ and other things. Not every argument will will all people over. For me, it was as simple as I've known for a long time raw fruits and veggies were healthier. Then I found out about feeding dogs raw, and how humans are the only ones who cook and the only ones with "incurable" diseases. Too coincidental. Sadly, not everyone thinks the way we do on the forum. We are people who question everything. You have to question things to take a bite of raw/rotten meat with the hopes it won't kill you when you've been told the opposite your whole life.

Either way, the Vice article seems like it's audience was more receptive of the concept of raw. Daily mail seems like the audience is just more immature, based on "recommended articles," the whole right side is dominated by pointless celeb gossip.

Who knows. Maybe we can get a few more people here from it, after they think about it for a while and maybe lurk for info.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 04:13:00 am »
He looks the picture of health otherwise, good, tight, blemish free skin, no bags under the eye, healthy weight, kind of weird red tint to the teeth but well ignore that!
Right!

I am surprised there aren't as many negative comments as I expected.
Sadly, I think there were many idiotic ones..

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 06:07:12 am »
… humans are the only ones who cook and the only ones with "incurable" diseases. Too coincidental. Sadly, not everyone thinks the way we do on the forum. We are people who question everything. You have to question things to take a bite of raw/rotten meat with the hopes it won't kill you when you've been told the opposite your whole life.

That’s it !

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 06:53:15 am »
 Derek certainly is an effective self-publicist. I am still not pleased that the media are referring to his diet as being  "palaeolithic" as opposed to "raw, palaeolithic", but I will admit that this may make the diet seem more attractive to people who like the hunter paradigm. At any rate, being on TV is key, I think, to advertising our diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 09:00:26 am »
Show Derek Pole Dancing on TV and the chicks will swoon.  Once we get more chicks interested on manly raw paleo diet Derek, everything else will follow. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:59 pm »
Show Derek Pole Dancing on TV and the chicks will swoon.  Once we get more chicks interested on manly raw paleo diet Derek, everything else will follow. 
Well, I suppose we could go the whole hog and have one of our female members parading topless in photos,  as a  stunning representative of  the raw, palaeolithic diet.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
Very freakshow type stuff.

Its a great sign though. Finally breaking into the mainstream. and everyone wants a piece of the story.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 03:31:51 pm »
Well, I suppose we could go the whole hog and have one of our female members parading topless in photos,  as a  stunning representative of  the raw, palaeolithic diet.

I think it's best to avoid the pole dancing, or having members parading topless (to attract potential RPDers).. lol
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 03:44:41 pm »
just saw the video the tv show did 3 years ago. that must have been so painful and awkward for you. Especially with the therapist and being forced to listen to bullshit.
-----------

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 08:27:45 pm »
just saw the video the tv show did 3 years ago. that must have been so painful and awkward for you. Especially with the therapist and being forced to listen to bullshit.

The interview I did for the show was butchered to pieces, and striped of all substance. I actually dominated the discussions with the doctor and scientist, with indisputable facts, but all of it was left out.

Anyway, The host of superhuman radio has contacted me and wants to do an interview! This will be my chance to fully express myself uncut.

There is also a morning radio show in Iowa that wants to scheduled bit.

Who knows, the way things are going perhaps Leno, Letterman, and John Stewart will be calling next?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »
If you get on national TV, then it will be a good start.  However, we'll need more than just you to really make this diet popular.

We would get a lot more trolls and spammers if you get on national TV, though.  ROFL

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2013, 12:11:09 am »
Sadly everyone wants to see outward changes of this diet, and it barely works that way. There are physical health symptoms that appear through poor diet, but most people can't even see those change once the diet is replaced. How can you see a physical representation of a chemical change? Diet changes your body's chemistry. Other things like exercise change another thing. Yes, they will overlap sometimes. However even looking at pictures of me from years ago you could never tell that in all of them I just wanted to sleep. I felt so sick and tired! Weak. Now however, anything comes up in my day and I just think "sure, let's do it!"

I think it would benefit us more to move away from the concept of seeing the changes induced by raw, and rather tout our medical experiences. I have the physical documentation to prove I was on Adderall. DaBoss has medical records for his medication. GS has proof of eczema. The list goes on. Things like that add credibility. Then the only step after that is using that credibility to share the facts on bacteria, enzymes, complete amino profiles, vitamin bioavailability, and all the other benefits of eating raw foods.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 01:20:08 am »
If you get on national TV, then it will be a good start.  However, we'll need more than just you to really make this diet popular.

I agree, it will take more than just me to bring raw paleo to the forefront of the health debates of the day, and would gladly pass the torch to anyone who will carry it forward.

My role should be viewed for its catalytic effect... I am the butterfly whose flapping wings triggers the stampede.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 01:21:42 am »

Just got this message today, the way things are going I should get an agent.....

Hi Derek!
I hope you don't mind me reaching out.  I am a producer working on a well known TV documentary that features people with unique lifestyles and habits.
As I was doing a little bit of research on alternative diets, I came across your article via vice.com and video on eating raw/rotten meat.
I would love to speak with you and ask you some questions about this "health secret" and about possibly participating in the show. The show seeks to explore this lifestyle and give it more exposure and awareness to the general population.
We are not interested in demonizing the lifestyle in any way, just tying to understand it better.
If you are interested in sharing your story, or know of anyone that may be interested please feel free to contact me via the number or email address below.  Compensation will be provided for those who are chosen to participate on the show.
Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Best.

xxxxxxxx

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 01:39:23 am »
So who will join me, I am sharing the offer being presented here, if any other hardcore raw paleo veteran is interested in being apart of this documentary send me a PM and we can begin.

The time has come to assemble the army of the twelve monkeys.

Just imagine if we could get a mainstream cable tv program featuring me and a few others of the Raw paleo persuasion, each with their own stories and points of view. Ministering to the SAD nation, turning on millions to the goodness of Raw Paleo.

Giving the world a taste of primordial manna.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 02:35:54 am »
I'm willing.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 02:41:31 am »
I should get an agent.....

probably not at this time.  just take your time reading small print before you sign contract/agreement.  maybe post it here so we can all spot tricks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk