Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209703 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2013, 07:47:43 am »
Eric does this answer your question?
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-strange-addiction/videos/feeding-off-human-blood.htm

I like my publicity a little on the trashy side.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:05 am »
Read fine print!!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:32 am »
OK, so I won't call them goals, perhaps dreams? You mentioned these, yes?:

> land, livestock and a mule
> a great fortune (as a bonus), enabling a raw paleo sanctuary/resort
> trashy publicity?

Are you sure you don't mean 40 acres and a mule, BTW?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:44 am »
The stupid thing about the "my strange addiction" show and fitting raw foodists into it is you are really stretching the truth. I doubt there is a single person on this forum that gets an orgasmic response the way most of those people do to their addictions. We don't have an addiction not because we are "in denial" but rather because we don't get the same "high" that those people with addictions get, like a person popping a balloon equated it to more exciting than an orgasm. That's addiction. A massive dopamine rush combined with fixation on the ritual regarding your addiction. Most/all of us just eat and go about our lives, possibly from a psychological standpoint far less obsessed and "addicted" to our food than most people on the planet. I know I think about food waaaay less now and feel way more satisfied with my meals and way less hungry in between. Almost like, eating in a wild way has made me able to sort of.... survive the wild? Huh... what an anomaly.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2013, 04:14:14 pm »
cps kidnapping your children over such a diet should always be a concern.

heres a recent story of a kidnapping due to somethign so little as themt aking the child to a different hospital.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april302013/baby-taken.php

Hopefully the raw food community will be able to mobilize quickly if this ever happens to any of us much as in the case of the patriot community helping a man get his child back after getting it taken away due to his membership in oathkeepers.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/4635167-95/johnathonirish-stephanieirish

-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »
cps kidnapping your children over such a diet should always be a concern.

heres a recent story of a kidnapping due to somethign so little as themt aking the child to a different hospital.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april302013/baby-taken.php

Hopefully the raw food community will be able to mobilize quickly if this ever happens to any of us much as in the case of the patriot community helping a man get his child back after getting it taken away due to his membership in oathkeepers.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/4635167-95/johnathonirish-stephanieirish

Saber has already been through that once, late last year, I believe.  That is a valid point, though.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »
I can't believe you're so desperate for attention that you're willing to appear on a show titled "My Strange Addiction". You're begging to be mocked. It's almost as if this were some sort of cry for help, or something similar.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:52:03 am by Eric »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:49 pm »
Yes, I don't think I would do anything of that sort. The vast majority of journalists don't care to remain factual and truthful.  Check what happened in France.

I'm afraid you may be running into troubles.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2013, 10:30:04 pm »
Perhaps reach out to some men health/alternative/science/environmental health media outlets?  or even some of the more mainstream  paleo/primal/WAPF websites and see if they are interested to do some interviews?

I agree acreage and animals is definitely something to strive for, and pulling a "robin hood" to get the means is admirable in my opinion, but you really don't want the wrong people portraying you and the even wronger folks judging you for that...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »
I can't believe you're so desperate for attention that you're willing to appear on a show titled "My Strange Addiction". You're begging to be mocked. If you follow through with this, you'll surely get what you're asking for. It's almost as if this were some sort of cry for help, or something similar.
Narcissism rather, I think. But I think SB may well despite our concerns manage to make our diet more popular. Even my own interview which was twisted vehemently by the journalist attracted some nice comments online, for example. SB, at any rate, has got guts.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2013, 12:01:18 am »
SB has guts for sure. I like that about him. But yeah... the wrong attention thing Jessica speaks about... hmm.

It is going to be interesting following where this all will end.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2013, 03:14:59 am »
Narcissism rather, I think. But I think SB may well despite our concerns manage to make our diet more popular. Even my own interview which was twisted vehemently by the journalist attracted some nice comments online, for example. SB, at any rate, has got guts.

Where is the URL of your interview?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2013, 03:20:35 am »

I have counseled with my Boss, and he too has warned me against becoming narcissistic, and encourages me to be myself. Still... No one has every been able to clearly explain why narcissism has to be a negative thing, or what is so wrong with dawning false personas in order to make it through the media filters.

No guts no glory, and after all what is there to lose. Even if they make me into a fool, so what, disappointment is nothing to fear. I still have so much to be grateful for..  My girlfriend supports me, I have a kick ass job,  my kids are doing well, making new friends, learning awesome pole dancing moves. There is a general optimism, a sense that new opportunities are coming my way.

There was a woman on the show who used bee stings to treat arthritis, and even though they did try to portray her as a bit silly, over all it was a positive endorsement for bee sting therapy.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:08:24 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2013, 03:37:10 am »
I don't see you as narcissistic.

And bee sting therapy is normal folk medicine for the Aeta tribes people in our province of Bataan.

I hope they show you pole dancing on TV and on the web.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2013, 03:55:11 am »
I just caution to use discernment and intuition and give yourself to the best sources and outlets possible.  dont let the excitement of the ride lead you down the wrong path.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2013, 04:09:17 am »
This just in
From an independent documentary maker

My girlfriend and I are working on a documentary health/wellness web series called 'Million Ways to Live', whose premise is that there is no one right way to live, BUT there are 6 healthy lifestyle principles. Each episode we focus on one person who illustrates one of the principles in an awesome way (most episodes will be around the world, only a couple domestic).

I just talked with him and he said he could fly out to interview me and my girlfriend for a segment

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2013, 04:17:50 am »
so cps has tried to kidnap your children already? Id like to hear more about this, such an experience would be very important for us all to hear about in detail if possible.

Lol at GS's obsession with the pole dancing, i enjoy hearing what I believe to be the frank philipino perspective on sex I hear from gs on here. WHile many western males would be afraid to such things as I hope they show you pole dancing out of fear of people thinking they are gay you are so secure that you can   ansay these things without hesitation> It is quite refreshing and makes me giggle a bit.

also, although aajonuses piece on ripleys believe it or not was quite sensational and tried be a freakshow as well as his segment on doctors I think those segments did more good than harm. The close minded fools who see those things stay close minded and the ones who can think for themselves are able to evaluate his perspective logically and and perhaps many lives were saved due to him doing those tv appearances.

i think all of your appearences have been quite positive so far and looking forward to more exposure for our community in the future.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:37 am »
also, although aajonuses piece on ripleys believe it or not was quite sensational and tried be a freakshow as well as his segment on doctors I think those segments did more good than harm.

I agree. Saber will need to be on his A game, though, just like Aajonus was during those appearances.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2013, 06:06:09 am »
Where is the URL of your interview?
   http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/infonews-items/primal-diet-hits-the-mainstream-uk-media!/msg10640/#msg10640

It was mentioned in the above  thread. One cannot read the article any more as the Times now makes you pay 2 pounds sterling for the privilege.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2013, 06:09:48 am »
so cps has tried to kidnap your children already? Id like to hear more about this, such an experience would be very important for us all to hear about in detail if possible.

Lol at GS's obsession with the pole dancing, i enjoy hearing what I believe to be the frank philipino perspective on sex I hear from gs on here.

I have lol'd much at GS and his machismo regarding the pole dancing, glad I am not the only one. 

I am pretty sure sabertooth has shared plenty about his struggle for his children in the past, I think asking for more information is really prying.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2013, 07:45:15 am »
No, they never tried to kidnap my children, the investigation was carried out under false accusations made by a vegetarian neighbor who thought it was illegal to butcher your own animals. It was a big pain in the ass to explain to the workers that I was well within my rights, but eventually they did close the case because I had done nothing wrong.

Pole dancing is fun for me, its  good for recreation and exercise. No matter how difficult of a week I have, taking an hour to play and work on pole tricks , while showing off for the ladies always makes me feel good.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:46 am »
The good thing about living in the rural South, as Saber does, is that CPS is a little slower to take your kids away.  They're afraid of getting shot. Also, they aren't usually quite the crazy, ultra-PC types that tend to have CPS jobs in larger cities.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:17 am »
The documentary maker behind a 'Million Ways to Live' is going to film a segment with me. The plans are being made and if all goes accordingly they are going to come out next month to shoot the piece.

Its an independent documentary, and I totally support the Guy making it. The final film should appeal to many people from all walks of life. The Raw Foods, alternative health, and fitness movement will all be represented by different people who practice the basic principles of healthy living in their own way.

http://www.givegoodpodcast.com/lukesniewski/

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2013, 10:30:35 am »
Good.  I hope it goes well.  He can swing by SW Virginia if he wants another raw meat-eater.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2013, 12:50:06 am »
RTL confirmed for a shoot on the 21st.

I know absolutely nothing about what show it will be for.

It most likely is some tabloid out for sensationalism.

Whatever it is, they are going to pay me 300 for one day of filming.
I can buy 3 sheep with the money
and begin to build my flock.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:59:28 am by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk