Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209773 times)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2013, 06:37:56 am »
Would you mind letting me know how your testosterone levels are? IF you got it tested
Interesting lab work, i'll  need to learn to read more of these

Thyroid level seems to be nice too, jealous of you ppl who have access to those organ meat and stuff

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »
The labs look good, Saber, except for the cholesterol.  Don't feel too bad about that, though. It's not that far out of the ideal range, and I have trouble with mine too.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »
Your LDL really isnt that bad especially considering your HDL is 43. A ratio of 3:1 or less is preferred and you're spot on.

Don't worry about it, like usual doctors have no clue what they are talking about: http://ketogeniclifestyle.com/blood-lipids-cholesterol-ldl-hdl-etc/

Thanks for sharing man, cool to see a parasite test come back negative with all the parasite fear going around for raw foodists.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2013, 11:43:27 pm »
In Germany the reference limit for total cholesterol is 240, and for LDL is 160.. The lower limit for HDL is 40.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
 My LDL was 123.5 and the lab used the old reference range of >100. Which upon review the doctor noted the revised range is >130 in the report.

Another point regarding cholesterol...Cholesterol is an essential building block of all animal life on this planet. The whole cholesterol causation of heart disease theory is a complete farce, and has been debunked for some time. Even the mainstream medical establishments are revising their recommendations, although Statin manufacturers continue to persist with groundless lies, in their misinformation campaign to demonize cholesterol. Higher levels of cholesterol actually can be a sign of good health as long as the triglycerides are low, which in my case they are.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2013, 06:16:28 am »
thanks for sharing saber, and congrats again!!

i've had my cholesterol results high before, but my hdl was in the upper 50's on one occasion and lower 60's on another that the doctor just looked at the ratio and said not to worry about it at all. from then on, i just switched my fat source to egg yolk and avocado  and kept the marrow and meat fat very low about a week before lab tests and my cholesterol would then be quite low. i'd get positive reinforcement for low cholesterol of course but i was really thinking that it was too low!

i started having to get these blood tests done for work, and when my cholesterol was high i would get lectured by some lab tech trained to tell me that cholesterol is bad blah blah. plus it went on a work form as a risk factor. so i just adjusted my diet for these tests so the numbers would be 'right'.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:21 pm »

i started having to get these blood tests done for work, and when my cholesterol was high i would get lectured by some lab tech trained to tell me that cholesterol is bad blah blah. plus it went on a work form as a risk factor. so i just adjusted my diet for these tests so the numbers would be 'right'.

ROFL They'll catch up to our dietary knowledge one day, maybe.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »

Only if it becomes profitable for them to do so, unfortunately...

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:48 am »

I am not going to sit back and wait for that day to come, there are too many people suffering that need to be informed of the alternatives NOW. If the establishment continues to ignore and refuses to explore the claims... Then what are those of use in the know going to do about it.

All the eloquently presented solid evidence in support of The Raw Paleo Diet seems to be perennially ignored, so I am now becoming an advocate of guerrilla tactics. Thats why the alternative media is so vital to our cause. Even something as on the fringe as Vice Magazine, which on the surface may seem like a typical tabloid, is generating a lot of serious attention. There were a lot of people who saw my story via vice, and the ripple effect has yet to peak.

My mind is made up about what the mission is,
 Though I am in still need of advice regarding how to carry out the main objective.

I am considering blitzing out a few proclamational manifestos as soon as the German shows are aired, but what to say and how should the case be made to people who are becoming more aware of the Raw Paleo diet?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:52:53 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:18 am »
Proclamation draft 1

The time is at hand when people of the paleo persuasion are growing in numbers, yet little is being done by our institutions and establishment backed scientific endeavors to properly explore our claims.

There seems to be a willful ignorance and complete denial by many of our institutions of the possible benefits that the Paleo diet could offer to the multitudes. In my opinion there are great crimes against humanity being committed, right now, on a scale so large that many people fail to grasp. We now live in a world where countless billions of dollars are being spent on the study of dangerous chemotherapy drugs that are killing people, yet little is being done to study the promising advances in nutritional therapy treatments.

After 5 years of living on a raw meat based diet, and having perfectly healthy labs all the doctor had to say is that this is an isolated case. But I am not an isolated case, I am a living human being who has, like countless others , begun to readopt a way of living and eating which is in accordance to our evolutionary nature. The benefits are real and could be duplicated in others.

This kind of information cannot be ignored forever, more people are catching on everyday, there are a growing number of western civilized people that have adopted aspects of an evolutionary lifestyle, and are having beneficial results. The question is .....What can we do to have these beneficial effects verified and validated in a way that would lead to groundbreaking discoveries in health sciences?

Personally I am working very hard to get the attention of large audiences,( The German Show should air in December) with the hope that through enough public exposure on the topic...  in conjunction with the rudimentary facts of my story and verified lab results, there will be the chance that interest in this subject will reach a critical mass. Once the critical point of mass awareness is reached then our demands for vindication will no longer be so easily ignored. Then with the support of the multitude working together on the international and local levels we can reach out to potential backers that will fund and promote the studies needed to establish true CREDIBILITY. This is a reasonable goal, and one that can be accomplished with enough people working together to promote our shared Ideals.

I challenge all the establishment to just allow me personally a ten million dollar grant, along with open access to lab tech support . With such a small investment we could begin a proper study on the raw paleo diet and there would be more progress in discovering the cure for a multitude of health conditions with this low budgeted study than the countless billions that are now being spent to on experimental treatments that poison and radiate cancer patients.

Just imagine a long term study with 100 healthy paleo volunteers who would stick to a strict paleo diet under very closely monitored conditions.

Then conduct a side study composed of volunteers who have been diagnosed with the dread diseases of modern civilization such as "incurable" cancer, diabetics, obesity, heart decrease, auto immune issues, and so on.   

Within a few short years enough data will have been collected and verified that the stats can speak for themselves, and then the people will have the information at hand needed to make more educated decisions regarding their own personal health choices.

These studies need to be done, I am not saying that I know for sure one way or another if this diet can cure everyone of everything,( nothing known so far will be able to do that) all I ask is that claims regarding the health benefits of the Raw Paleo Diet be given a thorough and unbiased scientific inquiry.

Even if these studies are not done and the current establishment continues to stonewall the progress being made by the pioneers who are being forced out to fringes of nutritional science, those of us who advocate for truth, health freedom and real alternatives will not be stopped. We must continue developing and implementing new methods of breaking through the barricades of ignorance and greed that continue to compromise the integrity of the scientific model and distort the direction of true progress. 

Regardless of what may come of one mans call out for a Truthful and Just investigation into a way of life that seems no longer relevant within the civilized world....Its still promising to discover that there are many others working to create underground communities of self liberated people that are capability of giving helpful information and support others who are ready to leave their Reservations for the promise of a better life.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:50:03 am by sabertooth »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2013, 01:20:25 am »
How do you plan to address availability of quality meat products?
Especially in urban metropolitan areas it is very difficult to find quality meat.  Few can afford Slankers as a staple.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2013, 02:48:23 am »
availability is supply and demand dictated.   The cost of grass fed meat will also come down as grass fed cow ranchers can count on a steady supply of customers and by selling in larger amounts,, say to a whole food chain.  Right now many ranches have to scout out restaurants that promote grass fed to stay afloat. And then they really don't have much of a market for the 'lesser' cuts of meat, including organs, bones, etc... 

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2013, 03:47:14 am »
The situation is exactly the opposite.  Due to popularity of grass-fed meat it sells at a premium in urban areas.  Grass-fed at Whole Foods is not affordable.  Slankers also raised prices significantly and not because of lack of interest. Their cheapest boneless cut now is $7.50 + shipping which would end up at around $9-10/lb.  Liver used to be $3/lb now it is 4.50.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2013, 04:04:39 am »
Regular meat has a gigantic processing and distribution network, plus is heavily but indirectly subsidized. Grass fed meat is way cheaper to produce. However, gourmet grass fed beef I have discovered is less efficient and more costly to produce than traditional grazing routines and run of the mill grass fed beef. I am interested to learn the health benefits of fatty tender meat vs lean tough meat.

Sheep are cheaper to raise than beef but lamb costs more because 1 it's harvested at a younger age so has less time to grow, 2 it's normally raised in inefficient barn feedlots that are very labor or machine intensive and 3 the supply chain is much smaller. It is viewed as a gourmet product. Technically sheep is more labor intensive than beef, however a family could keep themselves in meat year to year on the cheap with a small herd of sheep and a few acres. With cows you would have to buy steers every year.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:09 am »
The situation is exactly the opposite.  Due to popularity of grass-fed meat it sells at a premium in urban areas.  Grass-fed at Whole Foods is not affordable.  Slankers also raised prices significantly and not because of lack of interest. Their cheapest boneless cut now is $7.50 + shipping which would end up at around $9-10/lb.  Liver used to be $3/lb now it is 4.50.

I agree with what you wrote,, though  I should have included a little more thought.   Right now there are a few grass fed ranchers, at least in comparison to the numbers of cows that go through feed lots.   If that trend reversed itself, or, if consumers opted to choose to eat grass fed on a larger scale, more and more people would get into ranching.  And like everything else that would drive the cost of grass fed meat down.   There would also be more meat processors that would be more local to the ranchers themselves.   Where I live, ranchers have to truck ( high cost ) a long distance...  Whole foods can determines what price they sell at  because there aren't alternatives for 'health conscious' consumers.  The meat industry knows this, and hence effects small rancher's ability to produce and sell by all sorts of means.  Again, if the general populous were to choose grass fed, then the meat industry would go to where the money would be.   To me, it's all about voting with your dollars, and as the world wakes up to the unhealthy and inhumane ways that cattle are raised, I do believe time will show us a better and cheaper alternative. 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:25:23 pm by Iguana »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2013, 07:02:27 am »
How do you plan to address availability of quality meat products?
Especially in urban metropolitan areas it is very difficult to find quality meat.  Few can afford Slankers as a staple.

I would say that Few can afford the detrimental health effects caused by eating poor quality meat.

Issues of cost are paramount for those of lower incomes who wish to adopt a paleo diet. It would be completely unaffordable for me to buy  meat by the pound in the market. I have to butcher my own in order to maintain my lifestyle.

The Grass-fed store bought meat is highly inflated, and in many cases I believe there is still huge issues with quality control. Much of the grass fed meat I have bought doesn't seem to have a very good taste, and I often have this picture of feed lots where cows are eatting sub quality hay, and drinking sub quality water, as well as receiving chemical wormers and vaccines.

Also I don't see the cost of store bought grass fed going down anytime soon. The whole Organic grassfed markets are inflated beyond the laws of supply and demand. They use labels like grassfed and organic to jack the price up regardless of what it actually cost to produce. This is why I advocate to anyone who is serious about guaranteeing an affordable paleo quality source of meat, to go out and get it directly from the Farm.

With time hopefully more people in populated areas will become educated about the crisis at hand and will learn to form cooperatives with farmers that can provide direct farm to table access. A farmer I have been getting sheep from is willing to deliver whole lambs(alive or butchered) to the city once a month.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:14:54 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2013, 07:20:38 am »
RTL has told me that they are just waiting for the right time to air the show. IDK when

Galileo has told me it should air in December.

Hopefully both shows will be aired and it will set off a media blitz of interest for the Raw Paleo Diet in all of Germania.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:27:26 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57:22 am »
To further the discussion on availability, many new thoughts have come to mind.

The old methods of food production and distribution are extremely non efficient and the consumer has to pay for it. Another huge problem is regarding how impossible it is to maintain the accountability of the producers under the current USDA system. Government regulations and inspections only go so far to insure quality, and corners will always be cut when no one is looking.

The solution to the problems of availability, cost and quality of Meat, as far as I see it is right in front of our faces. Networks like Craigslist, Ride Share, Couchserfing, Air B&B, and countless others are poping up all over the place.  They are providing people of modest means access to a variety of goods and services directly that they would not be able to afford otherwise. Used material goods, housing, transportation, and virtually anything people would like {to buy sell ,trade or SHARE}, are now directly available to people at fractions of the cost of Market Price.

So If demand reaches a high enough marker for Direct from the source pasture raised meats {for example} then sites could be set up that would offer paleo quality food through these trading networks. Then people who bought animals direct from a farm could communicate with others and post reviews that could be used to insure quality.

If enough people shift towards this alternative economy then entrepreneurs will take notice and begin to establish more and more online stores {Such as Slankers} all over the place, so that people could order pasture raised meat direct from a local ranch run by a cooperative that would insure High standards of production, as well as affordable pricing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:04:43 am by sabertooth »

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »
However, gourmet grass fed beef I have discovered is less efficient and more costly to produce than traditional grazing routines and run of the mill grass fed beef. I am interested to learn the health benefits of fatty tender meat vs lean tough meat.

What do you mean by "gourmet grass fed beef"? What is the difference between "traditional grazing routines" / the production of "run of the mill grass fed beef" and the production of gourmet grass fed beef?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:07 pm »
I still say, where demand exists, supply  will follow.  As in, a local grocery store where I live supplies well priced grass fed beef.   I believe that trend will grow as more and more people learn about grass fed..   It's not different from grocery stores sourcing fresh salmon or cage free chicken, or butter from NZ.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2013, 05:54:29 am »
Traditional modern beef is "finished" in that it is fed in a feedlot to marble. This is considered gourmet beef. In order for beef to be tender, it must always be gaining weight it's entire life. In order to have lots of fat on grass it must be "finished" or reach a mature enough age, after making sufficient gains, usually at least 1.8 pounds a day and no less.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:53 am »
I still say, where demand exists, supply  will follow.  As in, a local grocery store where I live supplies well priced grass fed beef.   I believe that trend will grow as more and more people learn about grass fed..   It's not different from grocery stores sourcing fresh salmon or cage free chicken, or butter from NZ.

I agree that the laws of supply and demand exist. I just think that the old model of doing business is extremely efficient and in many ways corrupt business interest exploit consumers for their own profit. Words like artificial scarcity come to mind

What I am saying is that in the current system of food production the laws of supply and demand are skewed and do not work as well as they could.

The old model was needed because there was once a lack of communication and organization among consumers so they needed the markets to set the prices and provide the media for fair exchange. People where at one time at the mercy of the markets that would set the prices.

In the new economy of Craigslist consumer to producer direct networking, there is a way for the consumer to bend the laws of supply and demand. We are able to regain the right to agree upon our own means of exchange.

The market price for lamb is 180 per pound on hoof, but because I am willing to pick it up from the farm they will sell it for 125. Or in some cases I can trade out a days work for a whole lamb from someone who needs lights in their barn.

For example, I just spoke with a farmer who posted an add selling sheep for 200 a piece, I call and say I buy a lot of sheep, could I get a break, and she knocked the price down to 150. You couldnt get the kind of quality of meat for the price at any market. Pasture raised, without fed, chemical wormers, or other drugs.

If there was more demand for direct from the farmer meat, there are plenty of people sitting on farm land that would be willing to produce all the meat we could possible want, for a fraction of the cost of the market place.

It is just going to take time for more people to see the potential in working toward building this new cooperative economy.

Spread the word and support your local farmers! 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:53:47 am by sabertooth »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
herd shares aren't unheard of in my parts.  its the basic community support agriculture model but you grow meats instead. most of the farmers who are successful at this partner with veggie csas/raw dairies/milk herdshares/WAPF chapters/biodynamic groups/local buying groups, etc, most of which can be accessed through the internet.  but you have to be connected, you have to hustle, you have to understand social dynamics and how to manage your time and also create a sense of community within your buyer group so that they might be willing to take on some of the responsibilities such as transportation and adversiting

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »
sabertooth  where do you find all these producers of natuRal lamb at such cut rate prices? i have never met any who did not use chemicals and  was all grass fed at the same time except for the one i jjust bought out. all the sheep farmers i know charge twice for cuts and half as much moore for ground than i do for whole. plus their grass fed lambs arent loaded down with extra fat like mine are. i guess all that bluegrass in your state, must be a lot of sheep farms

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »
Sabertooth I am so proud of you...! We need more of those daring souls that burn to change things for the better. If I can help you in any way with your endeavour please let me know (just money this girl does not have.. -[)

My cholesterol levels look pretty much like yours BTW... just got my labs back - everything normal, only concern of my doctor was the labs below..lol

HDL was 119 mg/dl
LDL was 193,3 mg/dl
Triglycerides 43,4 mg/dl

But he told me on the phone, he will forgive the high levels because of my excellent HDL, and not push any medication on me  ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:07:20 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk