Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209639 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #325 on: August 28, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
I hope the rumours about organic foods in Russia are true.

Btw, perhaps this has nothing to do with anything, but I was reading yesterday that Monsanto and Dow were the companies who produced agent orange for the US military to be used in the Vietnam war, the consequences for human life being disastrous, possibly much worse than all the bombs and bullets and napalm, even though agent orange was devised to kill only plants, not people. Interesting thing to think about.

This is very important.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #326 on: August 28, 2016, 07:52:37 pm »
Could we please get back to the original subject? Cheers.

I will be most interested to read the Men's Health article when it comes out(September 16th?). MH is rather respectable a magazine, I would be surprised if they were too negative.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:39 am »
Does mr. tooth have a publicist? How did all of this start? Did someone find him through the forum?
-----------

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »
I have no publicist and am not actively seeking one

There was a casting call made to the forum a few years back, I replied and had a documentary crew fly out to shoot a pilot episode for animal planets most extreme series....of course for socio-political reasons the network elite deep-sixed the project.

The Vice article was entirely random fate, my girlfriends friend hosted through couch surfing and a reporter for the magazine had the brilliant idea of couch surfing across the country looking for stories and when he learned about me he just showed up at my house one night wanting to do an interview. The story went viral through the alternative media and from there many other producers have contacted me....though whenever a mainstream American production has shown interest, TLC, animal planet, discovery, the Doctors, evenb local news reporters, there has always been an abrupt rejection from the top of the pyramid.

The upcoming mens health article will be my first major "mainstream" exposure, and time will only tell what will come of it....if there is a strong enough reaction to the story then perhaps I would look into finding a PR person to help with organizing other gigs...but in the mean time I will try to not get too carried away with wishful thinking just yet.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2016, 06:49:44 am »
Yeah, aajonus only got on doctors and ripleys because his best friend was a big hollywood producer.
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:53 am »
I have no publicist and am not actively seeking one

There was a casting call made to the forum a few years back, I replied and had a documentary crew fly out to shoot a pilot episode for animal planets most extreme series....of course for socio-political reasons the network elite deep-sixed the project.

The Vice article was entirely random fate, my girlfriends friend hosted through couch surfing and a reporter for the magazine had the brilliant idea of couch surfing across the country looking for stories and when he learned about me he just showed up at my house one night wanting to do an interview. The story went viral through the alternative media and from there many other producers have contacted me....though whenever a mainstream American production has shown interest, TLC, animal planet, discovery, the Doctors, evenb local news reporters, there has always been an abrupt rejection from the top of the pyramid.

The upcoming mens health article will be my first major "mainstream" exposure, and time will only tell what will come of it....if there is a strong enough reaction to the story then perhaps I would look into finding a PR person to help with organizing other gigs...but in the mean time I will try to not get too carried away with wishful thinking just yet.

Will the publicity make you earn money or give you new opportunities?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2016, 02:06:33 am »
This is an interesting concept, and Ive always wanted to participate in the arts...

Dear Derek-

I hope this finds you well!

I've been in contact with John Doe from Vice and he forwarded your contact information to me. I'd love to speak to you about the opportunity to interview you for Sindroms, a monochrome journal obsessing about colors. Our first (printed) issue will revolve around the color red and your diet would fit perfectly-not only visually but also from a storytelling perspective.

Please let me know if you are interested-we'd be truly honored to interview you.

Thank you,

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2016, 03:45:53 am »
I must admit, SB, you've got a lot of guts!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:19 am »
This just in,

" I work at a Japanese TV research company called FORMULATION in Tokyo, Japan. Our company does research and support for the Japanese television industry. Currently we are working with a Japanese TV station on a variety show which introduces several health topics from around the world. We would like to ask if the the footage below is available for licensing:"

They want to use some of my paleo Butchering footage along with my story as part of a show. Though I cannot be sure of the merits of the particular show I went ahead and gave them the green light.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2016, 02:11:57 am »
Well, this being an East Asian show, I would assume that they would be more culturally friendly to the notion of eating raw meats etc. I recall an acquaintance of mine who visited China for example. She noted that the  street vendors there  had the largest variety of  different foodstuffs on display that she had ever seen before. Things like roast grasshoppers etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2016, 03:29:40 am »
Also the mens health article came out in the September edition, but Im not sure how to find it and share it online???

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2016, 04:19:02 am »
The text below is claimed to be a slightly-altered version of the Men's Health  September 2016 Men's Health article:-

http://www.ericspitznagel.com/mens-health/raw-meat-eater/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:18:15 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:32 am »
The Russian edition was published

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2016, 11:10:03 am »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »
Err, sadly, my Russian isn't quite good enough to decipher this, but it seems OK as an article judging from the photos....
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2016, 08:23:50 am »
It looks OK.  They said it like it is, no more no less.

Only 4 comments so far.
One is neutral.
The other is asking what's going to happen to you when you are old.
3rd is skeptical about "just 3 days of diarrhea"
4th is supportive but saying this way is not for normal people.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 24, 2016, 07:01:49 am »
Another comment.
What does he think about alcohol?

So typical.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2016, 10:34:26 am »
I have to admit my teetotaler stance would probably not go well over there.

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2016, 05:01:45 am »
Sabertooth, you are my hero! Wow! You are so so so so SOOOOO brave!

I have been so afraid of ridicule and bullying since a young age. I don't think I will EVER have the guts you have. WOW is all I can say! I enjoy reading your interviews so much!
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2016, 06:31:01 am »
The Art Magazine wants an email interview, so Ive got to answer a bunch of questions. Im going to start drafting a response and could use some encouraging words and creative advise?

Hi Derek–

Please apologize this very delayed response to your initial email. We are beyond excited to get the chance to interview you for our first printed issue, Red Sindrom.

Below, I added a few questions. Each “main question” has a few sub-questions, to make it easier for you. From experience, I know that email interviews can be quite difficult.

* Would you consider yourself a foodie? How was your relationship towards food before the dietary change?

* You’ve literally taken the raw food trend to the next level—hows it is affected your life, both positively and negatively? Have you ever thought about writing a recipe/lifestyle book or guide for people who have experienced the same health restrictions? What is your favorite recipe? What do you eat in a normal day (breakfast, lunch, dinner + snacks?). What does everyday-food vs. when you want to treat yourself food look like? WHat’s your to-go meal?

* Do you think your diet will ever be trendy?, considering all the different food hypes nowadays/within our generation? Have you inspired people to change their diets to the one you are living by?

* What impact does the color red have in your life? Do you ever think about that consciously? What was your relationship to the color red like before you’ve started your new diet? What does red trigger in you/what does it make you feel like? Does red equal raw meat? What’s your personal stance on red as a color/what do you connect it to?

* With your story being published, what was the reaction from the public, as well as from family and friends? Has life changed after that from you? Have you found people/a community similar to you that you otherwise wouldn’t have been in touch with?

* What is your advice for people who have never tried raw meat (except tartar)? How would you describe the taste of raw meat? What other familiar (for the ordinary public) tastes/flavors would you compare it to? Is it an acquired taste?

* Has your diet changed you as a person? Has it made you a better person? Do you think you’ll ever go back to a conventional diet?

* What’s peoples first reaction when they find out you’re only consuming raw meat? Have you learned a lot about people in that sense? What’s the most frequent asked question? What’s something nobody ever asked you? What do you wish people would talk to you about instead of your diet? Are there any personal anecdotes you feel comfortable sharing?

* What do you wish from the future?

--

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Looking forward to receiving your answers. Thank you again so very much for your time and effort–we highly appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #345 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:06 am »
Re advice for people eating raw meat for the first time, except steak tartare. The obvious suggestion is for them to try out any raw animal food dishes that are either a part of their national cuisine or that  they visit a local restaurant that offers raw animal food dishes in quantity, such as Japanese sashimi restaurants(though sushi places often have one, maybe 2,  low-quality sashimi dishes as well).

Re red:- Mention the recent article I cited which suggests that early palaeo humans instinctively sought out the colour red in foods above green, for example.

I think a mass-market e-book written by you might be a good idea. You would not have to do more than 150 short pages, say, with very basic instructions on where to find the right raw foods, plus adding some recipes for the womenfolk etc. etc. Aajonus' book was way too new-agey for  most people and we need a proper introductory text or two for RVAF diets.

I have considered doing a more intricately detailed, scientific e-book on raw food diets but it would have to be pretty good and well-researched, and I have been told that expecting more than a few thousand dollars for an amazon e-book, 10000 at the very  most, is  foolish.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 17, 2016, 09:11:17 am »
The Art Magazine wants an email interview, so Ive got to answer a bunch of questions. Im going to start drafting a response and could use some encouraging words and creative advise?

I would take control of the foodie/trendy angle without debunking it. "Sometimes you latch on to a trend and find that it takes you back to something primal, the antithesis of a trend, back to your core."

Derek, I've read your writing and I've seen your videos. You really shine in print! You pull off original thinking without resorting to bullshit. Answer every question like you are opening doors for seekers of the truth.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »
I finally finished answering the interview questions,  I found it somewhat a difficult task to keep motivated on, being preoccupied with many other life events, and a slight case of writers block.

* Would you consider yourself a foodie? How was your relationship towards food before the dietary change?

Currently, I consider myself to be an extreme foodie, whose taste for the best has driven me to seek out the most optimal kind of diets. I wasnt always so dedicated to food, and come from a relatively average family with a typical American Diet. My mother worked at an Italian restaurant and would often bring home good food. She also served good home cooked meals for dinner, but looking back I have to admit that I did eat a lot of junk food. Sugar cereal for breakfast, lots of cheap snack foods, bologna sandwiches, Fast food burgers.

Ive always had an intuitive feel for foods, even as a child I was fairly good at moderating the junk food intake, while making sure to eat at least one healthy meal a day. As a young adult I became more aware of some nutritional based issues which were beginning to effect my health, though financial hardships often made it difficult to provide for the quality of food which was ideal. Eventually after years of experimenting with various diets with limited success, I said inwardly enough is enough, and began seeking out a better way of nourishment, which somehow lead to the daily gorging on large quantities of Raw Red Meat. With the attitude of lifes too short to eat bad food, I began my transition into Raw Paleo and have developed a taste for the finest quality flesh of the land, air and sea.

* You’ve literally taken the raw food trend to the next level—hows it is affected your life, both positively and negatively? Have you ever thought about writing a recipe/lifestyle book or guide for people who have experienced the same health restrictions? What is your favorite recipe? What do you eat in a normal day (breakfast, lunch, dinner + snacks?). What does everyday-food vs. when you want to treat yourself food look like? WHat’s your to-go meal?

Becoming a blood thirsty raw flesh enthusiast has affected my life in many ways. For the most part the experience has been entirely positive and has lead me down a path of discovery which goes far beyond the scope of my original self experimentation in the nutritional sciences. The change made me feel more alive, more vital, it gave purpose and direction to a life which was at a point floundering under the weight of health problems, financial hardship, and a feeling of hopelessness at the possibility of living out a meaningless miserableness. 

There has been negative sides to this way of life as well. The inconvenience of being such a strict Raw Foods Purist has made traveling abroad difficult. Finding decent tasting flesh at the average market isn't easy for someone who has developed such impossibly high standards. Like a finicky feline I cant eat something unless suits my taste. Social situations revolving around food are also difficult for me, so this diet has somewhat affected my social life. All and all Ive come to terms with the drawbacks, and generally the positives have outweighed the negatives.

Raw Mutton is typically the mainstay of the diet, harvested myself and its so rich and delicious I have no problem with eating it breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The whole animal is eaten with nothing wasted; the blood, guts, brain, liver, bone marrow, fats, and virtually all the other glands and organs are consumed raw. I will go for other foods like eggs, beef, sushi, and shell fish an occasion; and will also eat a small mixed green and herbal salad once a day. Typically my vegetation intake is minimal, roughly less than 10% of total caloric intake, and often includes coconut, avocado, tomatoes, lemons, and various wild herbs and leafy foliage.

* Do you think your diet will ever be trendy?, considering all the different food hypes nowadays/within our generation? Have you inspired people to change their diets to the one you are living by?

Im not sure if this diet will ever be trendy in a mainstream way, though it has promise of becoming a phenomenon in certain foodie and alternative nutrition circles. People contact me all the time about wanting to try the raw meat based diet, and I do my best to give helpful advise and spread the Raw and word.

* What impact does the color red have in your life? Do you ever think about that consciously? What was your relationship to the color red like before you’ve started your new diet? What does red trigger in you/what does it make you feel like? Does red equal raw meat? What’s your personal stance on red as a color/what do you connect it to?

Having Raw Red Meat as the staple of my instinctively driven paleolithic style diet, has made the color Red of primal importance when determining overall quality of the Flesh I love. I prefer meat that has an entirely Deep Red color, richer and darker than the blood. Young animals with immature flesh tend to be much paler in color, while older animals of good quality tend to ripen with age much in the same way fruit ripens, turning a darker and richer color of Crimson. The sight of fresh blood after slaughter triggers a strong blood thirst, and there is nothing better to replenish the body than drinking fresh blood , while its still warm. When it first flows out of the animal, blood glows with the color of an iridescent rose blooming out of the carnal essence, the sight of which now sends me into an ecstatic joy.

I believed the eyes evolved in our most ancient of ancestors to see red as a way to direct us to optimal sources of food, as well as to enable the identification of certain positive and negative qualities of many aspects of the natural world.   
Some scientist claim that seeing red helped our missing link ancestors detect ripening of fruits. Red may have also been valuable when reading signals of potential mates through blushing; and was useful to our ancestors for tracking blood trails of wounded animals while on the hunt.

* With your story being published, what was the reaction from the public, as well as from family and friends? Has life changed after that from you? Have you found people/a community similar to you that you otherwise wouldn’t have been in touch with?

Ive experience mixed reactions from others over my dietary anomaly. Im often met with disbelief or skeptics who think its just a mater of time before I drop dead of some Raw Meat Parasite. Some people seem to not be able to comprehend the science and reasoning behind my way of extreme raw living, and its typically rare to make converts. What publicity has done for me is to give a greater sense of direction and purpose, along with the motivation to continue the experiment onward to wherever it may lead. As much as the Magazine articles and television shows has done to tell my story, I still live in relatively obscurity so am able to live and move about in relative anonymity, which allows a fair balance of personal freedom while at the same time a small platform from which to continue to document my personal experiment.  Ive made contact with many others who share similar eating habits, and its been helpful to communicate and learn from others who also have found health and healing from Raw Meat. So far haven't found anyone who goes to the extreme of eating two pounds of raw red meat a day while also consuming the blood and all the organs. Of those I have found though we share many similarities and affinities, though it seems like there are many difference between us, of which diet is just one facet; so trying to build up a close community in the modern world based upon a raw meat diet, has as yet to manifest.

* What is your advice for people who have never tried raw meat (except tartar)? How would you describe the taste of raw meat? What other familiar (for the ordinary public) tastes/flavors would you compare it to? Is it an acquired taste?

Foods like Tartar, Ceviche, Sushi , Selfish, raw Eggs would be good starters for those looking to transition toward Raw foods. Cooking is a pervasive and addictive habit, it affects the very way our brain persuasive taste and alters the functioning of instinctive craving. Raw Red meat may be an acquired taste especially for people use to eating heavily seasoned and roasted. Some may at first taste bland and unappealing at first. It took me a couple of weeks, after eliminating all other foods before I began to tune into the actual flavor of the flesh itself. Once the transition took place, a world of difference in my sense of taste and food cravings occurred. I could taste the blood of the animal and extract its flavor from the flesh. Pronounced differences between good and not so good meats began to direct my choices, and soon instinct took over entirely. Now I am willing to search the world over to find the flesh of my dreams.   

* Has your diet changed you as a person? Has it made you a better person? Do you think you’ll ever go back to a conventional diet?

Ive grown as a person since the transition, though its hard to tell exactly how much of it is due to diet, or how much is just a normal part of the maturation process. I think in many ways it has reconnected my spirit to the earth and the primal nature of Gaia; overall it has had an enormously positive effect in restoring and rejuvenating my body, mind, and spirit. As of now there are no plans of ever going back to the conventional way of life.

* What’s peoples first reaction when they find out you’re only consuming raw meat? Have you learned a lot about people in that sense? What’s the most frequent asked question? What’s something nobody ever asked you? What do you wish people would talk to you about instead of your diet? Are there any personal anecdotes you feel comfortable sharing?

The first reaction from my friends and family upon learning of my diet was to promptly question my sanity. After a few years of not falling down dead they more or less began to accept that as crazy as it seemed, it was working for me me. I eventually learned how to better discern people who would be open to my diet from people who wont even consider it. People are most interested in knowing if Ive ever gotten a parasite, which as far as I know I haven't got anything yet. People generally dont seem to comprehend the interrelations and connections between diet and life style and how these choices shape the world at large. In many respects I understand that my situation is somewhat unique and there are many experiences and realizations that have come as a result of the transition which are beyond words to describe.

* What do you wish from the future?
The future is something I have often dreamt about. It seems so unlimited in its possibilities, though I try not to expect too much from events which may or may not ever happen; Part of the charm of life is not knowing what the future holds, heaven knows 10 years ago I would never in a million years imagined it possible for my life to take the course it has, yet here I am living the impossible dream. Who dares to say what the future holds, its only limits are set by our imagination; it is with this spirit that my own future wishes are made, or more accurately "Future Visions yet to be manifest".

There is this evolving vision which as been slowly revealing itself, of an fully integrated being, capable of unifying the Primal natural side of life, with the futuristic and mechanical entities of which we are becoming. My wish is to be an agent of intermediation between these two worlds; There seems to be such a rush to cut our umbilical connection to the primal past, in this mad dash toward progress; yet I feel that we are not yet mature enough to understand the ramifications of premature abandonment and our total desecration of the natural world. There is a sense that there are indeed ways of living which can reestablish this connection to the earth; by nurturing the body, mind and spirit in accord with the optimization of the genetic structure; the vital essence of human spirit can more fully evolve and mature into beings able to successfully adapt to and even thrive, no matter what the future may be.   

Best Wishes
Derek

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2018, 11:19:52 am »
Dear Derek,

##### here from Newstalk National Radio in Ireland.

We are very keen to speak with you about your raw meat diet.

Would you be available to do a telephone interview please?

Our show, The Moncrieff Show, is one of Ireland's most popular afternoon programmes.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Here is a new interview prospect

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2018, 11:24:57 am »
awesome
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk