Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209585 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2018, 12:32:48 pm »
it should be interesting,, that Sean had a calcium scan ( most predictable test for indicating heart disease/attacks.  He's holding the results so that the german group can be the first to publish it.  They may have paid for the scan, as it was done when they were filming.   If it comes back with low ca. that should open up some eyes for those who think that only meat will give you a heart attack.  But I suppose they'll just switch their predictions to Cancer instead...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »
Re Vans' past comment re past social conditioning:- One reason why I may have found it easier to get used to raw meat eating when I tried RVAF diets the first time aged c.30, may have been because, when I was c. 4-5 years old, I would steal some of the raw pig's kidneys that my mother left in the kitchen. I also had noticed the lack of water-content present in the cooked livers my my mother made.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2018, 11:59:13 am »
Tristan from the Primal Edge wants to do a follow up pod cast in the near future, and I will post any updates here as soon as we figure out a day and time.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2018, 10:15:42 am »
Primal edge pod cast set for Friday Nov 30 12:00 PM EST

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2018, 01:13:49 pm »
You probably know..  but Tristin has gone pretty much carnivore and now eats more and more raw.  Should be an interesting show. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 01, 2018, 11:18:39 am »
The Pod Cast has been moved up to 12:30 est Tues 14-04

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:30 pm »
Sabretooth/Derek,

Can you tell Primal Edge Health that you drink blood?
He made a remark about drinking blood being ''degeneracy'' on an instagram page of an ex-vegan.
It just seems so unlike Tristan from what I've seen from him.
Maybe you can open his mind about the subject, after all, he is interested enough in your story to invite you to his podcast.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2018, 07:37:09 am »
I have heard his past diatribes warning against blood drinking, and it seems more of a moral prejudice, than an issue with the health aspects. He believes blood drinking, if encouraged, will eventually lead to the rise of Aztec level human sacrifice cults.

We have debated the subject in length through emails and I believe his overall attitude toward raw meat and blood is growing more positive.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2018, 12:43:18 am »
Postponed again, It will happen, but I will quit trying to post the exact time, and will just link the interview if and when it happens.

The primal edge is into high meat now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GsYVaR5EM

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeV-lC7-l6U
Primal Edge gets into the high meat

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2018, 02:14:20 pm »
New inquiry

I'm an independent producer working on a new project. I travel the country producing videos on real life people that are unique or do extraordinary things such as yourself.  I'm fascinated with your story your diet.  I've watched a few of your interviews and I'm interested in learning more about your diet and why it works for you.  I'd love to feature you in one of my videos coming up.

My Youtube page has reached over 130k subscribers and this might be a good opportunity to collaborate.  As you can see each one of my videos is done in a professional manner and I take great pride in my work. 

If you'd have a moment to jump on the phone for a quick discussion I'd be happy to talk with you? I look forward talking with you.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2018, 04:40:40 am »
Sabertooth please keep doing YouTube videos. You are full of knowledge regarding the ZC of raw paleo. I can see that you are full of knowledge and people who are starting on this path would be enriched by your experience. Keep with the hard work. Glad to learn from you.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2018, 08:50:16 am »
+1 Sabre you would be a youtube celeb, and in time make enough income to rely only on the videos alone!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2018, 11:48:07 pm »
There is a lot to considered when putting oneself out into the public arena, and I had the thought of waiting a few more years to gain more experience and credibility before embarking upon a more expansive crusade. Yet the writing is on the wall and it would seem now is the time to bring the raw and carnal message into the forefront of the health discussion.

It comes down to timing and logistics.... currently I have a couple of large remodel projects, a pond to finish, and am planning on taking a road trip to a sunny beach through the new year holiday.

I am sure there must be a growing audience that would be interested in the type of content I could provide, and I do have an intention, at the very least, to do a new series showing start to finish, the harvesting and storing of a whole animal, along with detailed segments highlighting what to do with the various different parts individually.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2018, 01:15:05 am »
That is great news. You have a lot more credibility and knowledge than the majority of very popular folks messaging around carnivore and raw, etc. You will be a huge hit and educate many.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2018, 10:41:36 am »
I shudder at the notion of SB becoming just a youtube celeb. I read a while back about youtube stars carrying out endless fake pranks or really dangerous stunts in a desperate attempt to make enough money to live entirely off youtube profits on a regular basis. The fact is that youtube rakes in most of the profits from ads/product-placements etc. Better for SB to stay grounded in the real world for the most part.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2018, 12:17:22 am »
I shudder at the notion of SB becoming just a youtube celeb. I read a while back about youtube stars carrying out endless fake pranks or really dangerous stunts in a desperate attempt to make enough money to live entirely off youtube profits on a regular basis. The fact is that youtube rakes in most of the profits from ads/product-placements etc. Better for SB to stay grounded in the real world for the most part.

He can choose not to monetize his channel. This means no advertisements which means no money for youtube (and SB). I say go for it, get with the times (although that is a dubious thing to say considering the nature of this forum).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2018, 12:43:39 am »

I was not suggesting that SB should not make money from youtube. Merely that I hope he has other streams  of more reliable income as well. There has been a lot of dodgy scandals concerning desperate people trying to live off youtube alone, and it does not seem to end well, often.
" Ron Paul.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2018, 09:27:47 am »
I've seen that you are very pesimistic, TD.
Consumers are of all types and likings. Let Saber and the market dictate what it's best. What I can say is that, at this point, Saber is a very influencial figure. I've seen a lot of articles on him translated in various languages. Also, he has brought the zero carb movement to one of the last ends of the spectrum. People interested on this path doesn't even go after eating steaks. Just saying.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2018, 12:19:22 pm »
I hope SB succeeds. I just find  online social media to be very treacherous, that's all.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2019, 12:57:36 am »
https://www.youtube.com/user/barcroftmedia
A producer from Barcroft Media(Based in the UK) has contacted me about featuring my story for their online series.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2019, 11:47:55 am »
Hi Derek,

I am so happy that you called and it was great talking to you just now! By the way I realised you called into our office so if your phone bill is extortionately high let us know and we may be able to cover the cost of the phone call.

Just to recap what we talked about, the idea would be to film you and your family leading your day-to-day lives, observing you as a normal family. Would be great to understand the difficulties of your contrasting diets and interview your girlfriend about how you converted her from vegetarianism. Let me know if they are all willing to participate in the filming.

After that we would be shooting the whole process of you setting off in your truck from your home, interacting with the farmers and choosing the animal, bringing it home and butchering it. If you could find out for us if the couple running the farm are also willing participating in the documentary that would be amazing!

I will be reporting all this to my colleagues on Tuesday at our weekly editorial conference, so will definitely be in touch after that.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and working together!

Best Wishes,

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2019, 11:06:34 am »
The filming of the Barcroft Documentary is being arranged for mid April.

So far we are organizing a visit out to a farm so that they can film me sourcing Animals directly, and butchering them myself(though Im not sure how much will be allowed into the final cut)

They would like to have a scene with me with my girlfreind and the children, perhaps going to a sushi restaurant. I have also suggested that they show me collecting spring water and hiking with my children.

Perhaps even a montage featuring many of the colorful things I do...Like construction work and pole dancing.

Im not exactly sure the depth I will be allowed to fully express myself, regarding all the specific benefits of a raw meat based diet, but the general tone of the other Barcroft documentaries seems overall positive and generally accepting of people who are different from the "norm"

Their Youtube channel has over 6,000,000 subscribers and many of their videos have over half a million views, so any exposure of the raw message to a diverse audience this large would do a lot to get the word out.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:12:28 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2019, 10:30:35 am »
Interesting developments regarding the Barcroft Doc....Ive been in negotiation for weeks, attempting to set up a filming that included me going to a farm and sourcing my own Animal foods. The original plan was for a two day shoot which might of allowed me just enough time to properly showcase my way of life. Then I was informed that because of Youtube policy, any content which contains the butchering of animals or the consuming of Blood would be demonetized. So instead I will be doing a one day filming set that will exclude the farm to table aspect of my lifestyle.

Regardless of these limitations I believe the people involved will give me a fair opertunity, and the date has been set for the May the 11th.

From my various E-mail exchanges with my contact person, it seems more clear to me that there is a minority of Neo Intelligentsia rising from within the UK, who do not buy into the Vegetarian propaganda...they are extremely interested in the farm to table sustainable aspect, and generally seem in line with the ecology of sourcing ones own food. There is a sense of general frustration regarding the overlording ivory tower regulation and censorship that has swept over much of Europe. The intentions of many of these people in the UK are good, but they do not have any proactive examples to follow, and the structure of their society makes it very difficult for the agents of change to usurp.

Aside from this BarCroft segment, I am also having a "down low" discussion with someone in the UK about pitching my story to a more mainstream media outlet. The hope is that my down to earth and very moderate way of presenting this "extreme diet" would make a huge impression on large numbers of people, if only it was given a fair chance on the right platform.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:01:19 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2019, 06:55:33 pm »
I hope this works out as well as you think it will. I am curious why the demonetization issue pushed them away from a 2 day shoot? Plenty of ways to monetize YouTube vids outside of YouTube. They do not pay very well anymore anyway; most of the advertising revenue generated by videos that are monetized goes to YouTube now. Patreon seems to accept content like what you are talking about without complaint. Sv3rige is on Patreon, and while he does not make tons of money he earns a significant amount each month.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk