Author Topic: so few people.  (Read 31632 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: so few people.
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2013, 01:09:54 pm »
Christianity started with Jesus and 12 disciples. I don't know enough about Buddhism or Islam (other than Buddha and Muhammad) but Mormonism and Scientology had only one dude also. We have more than all of those combined.

I think we have good chances if we are diligent and believe in our cause, especially because our message has a more tangible and concrete effect than those religions.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »
I really hate to say this because I really love christians and I love the christian lifestyle and even live by almost all of those principles but jesus never existed.

"if Jesus Christ was a person, who was Mithra? Who was Krishna?
Who was the first to be baptized, crucified, resurrected
Betrayed and made into a martyr for someone else's redemption?" -ill bill

and who was odin or horus or a million other sun gods?

they give us the same religion and sun gods over and over, repacked for different eras and different peoples, this is how thye control us.

as far as the point of you can start small and go big thats true to an extent, but not simply by proselytizing as you need a huge machine pushing behind you to get all that through an a mass scale. nothing ever happens on a mass scale like that unless its approved.

however...if all of us guys on here had a hundred kids each, perhaps that will bring some real change?

-----------

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »
perhaps you can get me and the people at my dairy club a large shipment of unfrozen organic durians?

it can only be shipped to the US frozen.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:05 pm »
it can only be shipped to the US frozen.

that's not accurate.  I've gotten never-frozen durian in San Diego at the Star 99 Market.  Those markets are the only ones in the US that sell fresh durian, though, as far as I know.  Otherwise you can have fresh durian shipped directly to you, but it's expensive.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2013, 01:36:11 am »
I did not know.  Maybe some other West coast places have it fresh.  But all inlands have it frozen.  I would be surprised if anyone would attempt to ship inland fresh. 

In theory you can probably haul it from West coast yourself.   But in reality not going to happen considering bulk of the weight will get thrown away.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:40:08 am by cherimoya_kid »

Offline straight8

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 07:48:36 am »
Its the jesus and durian mental masturbation thread

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2013, 08:11:58 am »
im pretty sure when you don't abide by religion and you actually abide by the
laws of nature" that you observe when you are in the wild, there are infinite checks and balances, no man made system of beliefs can trump that.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2013, 08:12:42 am »
Its the jesus and durian mental masturbation thread

do you think that has something to do with........so few?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »
Wow, I tried to count how many off thread topics, but I ran out of fingers. Lemme see, I was at durians and then Jesus, not forgetting milk and crustaceans, some argumentative guy who can't spell and someone with grammar challenges then there was....

Face it we're all opinionated... even me.  ;D We're not going to stop arguing and indeed I find that the best stuff comes out when the testosterone comes up to the surface, the gloves come off and some incredible ideas result. Even the ideas that seem off topic are great because they make us all a bit wiser.

Some PPL post on forums and some don't. I know some very bright PPL who have this ridiculous notion of "lurking" before they post, so they don't upset the locals.

This is nonsense because really they just don't want their ego bruised. I say "Balls to the walls" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=balls%20to%20the%20wall
"Kick the tires, light the fires and the first one airborne is the leader" LOL

So what if you make a fool of yourself, you'll never learn if you don't ask.

Anyways our purpose is served because there are so many threads to read here and endless posts, that if someone just pokes around they can save themselves the trouble and therefore the purpose of the forum is served.

BTW my spam filter was working overtime this month (I think Google did something) so I wasn't getting notices. You'd never know by the amount of posts I have done. Yes I do have a life BTW.  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »
Good grief I am # 4  Maybe I should go mow the lawn or something. LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2013, 03:39:02 pm »
Some discussions here remind me of this:

Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2013, 10:33:16 pm »
I don't mind when conversations veer one way or the other, I think that's a pretty normal progression.  But they generally end up at the same or similar topics with one or two new links and "scientific" facts thrown in the mix,  I think that gets kind of boring, especially when its the same people ruminating over the same things.

I would love to read more about personal experience people have had, people from different parts of globe.  I think that is the best about having unique members and more participation in conversations on the message board.  Come out of hiding, even if you don't think  you have the "right" thing to add. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk