Author Topic: Hello, Im new and would like some advice please.  (Read 13801 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, Im new and would like some advice please.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:04 am »
To me eating local foods makes lots of sense.

I have studied this pretty deep, it makes so much sense for our biology, in every aspect. It has nothing to do with a radius Francois! lol Of course people used to travel around a lot!  :)

I am pretty amused how I get kind of get attacked almost every time I mention seasonal and local diet..lol I do not care though, for me this is very natural and easy to understand. I also feel great eating like that. It is a 10 000 foot view for sure.  ;)

Each to his own.  -d but you will not ever convince me I need to eat oranges and bananas in winter in Finland..haha In Paleo times this would not ever have been a possibility.

I too believe we evolved into humans in Africa, but around plenty of seafood. Check our brains. What nutrients does it need? Tose theories are the most logical to me so far. The issues why fruit still are not good even if we evolved around them, has to do with sunlight. How carbs affect our bodies with sunlight or without.  Makes a big difference. There is a reason carbs grow only where sun is abundant, and in warmer seasons closer to equator.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:40:32 am by Inger »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:53 am »
I doubt the american plains indians would have tasted much seafood.  But in general I don't think it's that difficult to imagine what might have been local and seasonal for the various tribes that at least inhabited north america.    Weston Price did bear out, at least in his findings, that at least with dental health, sea food eating peoples had the best dental records.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 03:44:47 am »

To me eating local foods makes lots of sense.

I have studied this pretty deep, it makes so much sense for our biology, in every aspect. It has nothing to do with a radius Francois! lol Of course people used to travel around a lot!  :)

I am pretty amused how I get kind of get attacked almost every time I mention seasonal and local diet..lol I do not care though, for me this is very natural and easy to understand. I also feel great eating like that. It is a 10 000 foot view for sure.  ;)

I’m not attacking you personally.

I demonstrated several times previously (I tried to find the topic but was unable to) that the ideology of eating exclusively “local foods” is both irrelevant and undefined (AFAIK it is a part of the macrobiotic diet, which is rather the opposite of a raw paleo diet) and neither you nor anyone else ever provided any clue why my arguments would be invalid. Nevertheless, you constantly bring the same unchanged stance, as if you don’t care of any facts contradicting it.

I don’t say that we shouldn’t eat “local foods” but you have to provide a definition of  what a “local food” is. If it has nothing to do with a radius, please let us know with what it has to do.

Each to his own.  -d but you will not ever convince me I need to eat oranges and bananas in winter in Finland..haha In Paleo times this would not ever have been a possibility.

I’m very far from wanting to convince anyone that he/she should eat oranges and bananas! Where did you get this idea from?? On the second point, I doubt that many hominids settled in what is now Finland during the lower Paleolithic.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:09:19 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 02:51:51 pm »
Found this related thread now: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/eating-locally/
But this has also been discussed more recently in another one -— which remains to be found...
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk