Author Topic: The Iceman  (Read 16279 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Iceman
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 12:09:30 am »
my review of past posts leads me to the conclusion that I am being treated quite unfairly on here.

THis can be exhibited in many posts and I dont really want to get into presenting evidence on here.

If you want a perfect example of what I see occurring on here look at this thread where I posted a tiny comment and then was asked many questions afterwards all of which I responded to, all of my proceeding posts being directly related to a question asked of me. Then people are mad that I answered those questions and threaten me with being banned.

I have grown quite disgusted with this constantly repeating pattern and as well as blatant unsolicited antagonism I experience as can be exhibited by iguanas blatantly antagonistic and mean spirited post to a response I had to a query posed directly at me with no other contribution to the thread.

I have reviewed many threads besides this one and that is the constantly repeating pattern.

I will not modify my behavior as I feel that I am the one being wronged here so If you are expecting me to tuck my tail between my legs because some people on this forum want to feel powerful because someone questions them and perhaps even owned them in a few arguments then you might as well save us all the grief and just ban me right now.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:46 am »
Maybe you wrote this before Gs's invitation to you to for us to get to know you better, and hence have reconsidered.   One thing you might consider is to inquire within yourself, as to why you insulate yourself from any feedback here.  And a lot has been given. I have particularly paid attention as I have been curious as to how your mind thinks and functions.  Personally I find it fascinating how some can believe 100% of what they think and say,, ( and more interestingly that they will defend their position to the 'death', )  while others with some maturity to life have grown to realize that the mind and it's thoughts are only slightly accurate, and the bigger truth to anything lies outside the minds grasp.    My guess is it's the amount of pot you use.  I was the same when I got high all the time.  I Could Not be wrong, ,  never!  I thought I knew everything and it was my job to inform, cause everyone else was so naive.  With me,  marajuana fed my ego big time,, and diminished my skills at being sensitive, to the more quieter, subtler aspects of myself and others.     I write this, well, maybe it applies to you, but I think you'll think it doesn't. 
   Why don't you stick around,  lessen your tone, be more inquisitive, relieve yourself of the need to 'save' anyone here, and grow with us. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 09:04:24 am »
90% of the other people here thinks they are 100 percent right. I love how so amny things that a million other people here are guilty of are only directed as criticisms towards me.

its funny all the assumptions you make about my pot use. When im smoking regularly im much more subdued about my opinions, all of these arguments have come during one of my breaks from pot, just goes to show how wrong your assumptions about me are and that perhaps you simply wanted an opportunity to use my pot smoking as an attack against me.

all I can say is....whatever
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 09:08:09 am »
I'm one of the 10%.  :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:24:37 pm by TylerDurden »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:15 am »
is that a joke?
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 09:17:00 am »
I think PP is pretty good at stating some facts he knows and leaving his opinion and conclusions out. I'm so new to this I only have experience with raw and high meats. They've been great for me so I'll keep at it.  ;)
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:08 am »
is that a joke?
Yeah, and also a fact. I'm one of the folks here who doesn't think he's 100 percent right. The only thing I know for sure is the fact of my own ignorance. It's even discussion aid #2 in my sig. Glad I have that in there. That's one of my favorite paraphrases (deriving from something that Plato reported Socrates saying).

The typo was initially unintentional, but I thought it proved the point in a humorous way, so I left it.

Thanks, Dr. D. I do state opinions at times, though I try to remember to be clear that they are just that, and also use other similar terms like hypothesis, speculation and guess to describe them. Forums can be helpful in that people who disagree with the opinions will quickly let you know that they disagree, and with luck explain why, and with even greater rare luck provide evidence with supporting sources to check out.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:28:09 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 09:29:26 am »
i dont believe any of us here think we are 100% right.

What is the point of bringing this up, if i think im probably wrong about something should I never bring up my opinion about anything since what im discussing must be wrong?

No, I think to do this would be equivalent to do the death of thinking because although im prong about something im not going to just shut my mouth up about everything because I might be wrong...this is an absurd and disgusting proposition and I encourage everyone to speak all of their opinions freely and be silenced by a fear that they might be wrong.

A question for Van: Since you are so adamant about nobody being 100% right about everything why dont you be an example for us of modesty and tell us about a belief you currently hold which you are wrong about?

i realize this question is absurd but I only bring it up to point out the absurdity of this entire line of criticism.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:08 am »
currently, can't tell you, in the past, every diet I ever tried, including dairy.  And I preached them all, and thought I had found nirvana each time.  And if you catch me preaching, telling all that my way is the best and the only way, slap me.  But back to 'currently'.  Each day I question or look into what is happening with my body, and practice the idea of noticing thoughts coming and going as thoughts with little or no value, other than that they come and go and seemingly entertain me. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:03 am »
and please tell me at what point have I said my way is the only way?

I only offer as much of my knowledge as I have without holding back. I am wholly guilty of this.

However saying that my way is the only way is something which I have never done.
-----------

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03:05 am »
I find it interesting how exposure to long periods of cold can increase antibody production in the body, and can indeed lead to physiological adaptions to the cold.

To Svrn
I always try to take away what info I personally find truthful and interesting and leave the rest to be argued over by others. In My early days here I spent a lot of effort in tring to discuss in detail many ideals from a viewpoint very similar to your own. Now I try to work on more subtle methods of persuasion to express my constantly evolving ideals.

I advise anyone who feels passionately about something to feel free to say it loud and  proud for everyone to see, express your views in clear concise statements based on tangible evidence that best illustrates your point of view, and then leave it up to the reader to make the decision.

To those who understand no explanation is needed and to those who don't understand no explanation is possible.

There is much you say I agree with, but its the attitude I find  a little obtuse.

Grandiose thinking is grand and I salute you for learning about the control techniques of of mass media and big money establishments. What you fail to see (in my opinion) is that no one is truly in control of anything, and even the controlled media cant keep the truth from people who learn to read between and beyond the lines.

To continue to bicker with those who don't agree, is not a constructive use of our time and attention here on the forum.   

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03:27 am »
In the words of "Bill and Ted" to the people of a peaceful future.

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes."
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 10:04:57 am »
I find it interesting how exposure to long periods of cold can increase antibody production in the body, and can indeed lead to physiological adaptions to the cold.

To Svrn
I always try to take away what info I personally find truthful and interesting and leave the rest to be argued over by others. In My early days here I spent a lot of effort in tring to discuss in detail many ideals from a viewpoint very similar to your own. Now I try to work on more subtle methods of persuasion to express my constantly evolving ideals.

I advise anyone who feels passionately about something to feel free to say it loud and  proud for everyone to see, express your views in clear concise statements based on tangible evidence that best illustrates your point of view, and then leave it up to the reader to make the decision.

To those who understand no explanation is needed and to those who don't understand no explanation is possible.

There is much you say I agree with, but its the attitude I find  a little obtuse.

Grandiose thinking is grand and I salute you for learning about the control techniques of of mass media and big money establishments. What you fail to see (in my opinion) is that no one is truly in control of anything, and even the controlled media cant keep the truth from people who learn to read between and beyond the lines.

To continue to bicker with those who don't agree, is not a constructive use of our time and attention here on the forum.
Hmmm, your posts seem to be getter better and better Sabertooth. I like. Have you tried getting any of those sorts of thoughts into your TV interviews? I know it would have impressed me to hear it years ago before I tried RPD.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 11:12:12 am »
and please tell me at what point have I said my way is the only way?

I only offer as much of my knowledge as I have without holding back. I am wholly guilty of this.

However saying that my way is the only way is something which I have never done.

Dietarily, you're not making any friends by being so pro-dairy.  Almost nobody here can drink raw milk without some kind of digestive problem, at the very least...and usually other problems, as well.  It's fine to report your experience with it, but try to be aware that most people here have a less-than-perfect relationship with dairy of any kind.

Also, you make a lot of claims that would really better be suited to a conspiracy theory website. I assure you, pretty much all of us are fairly aware of media/cultural programming and indoctrination.  To eat this diet, you almost HAVE to be able to ignore cultural programming.  We are pretty aware of all the various conspiracy theories, etc., anyway...the raw food and alternative health communities are RIFE (no pun intended, raw-al) with people talking about these things. You act like it's all new to us, but I can assure you otherwise.

In the immortal words of Avril Lavigne...

"Chill out, what you yelling for
Lay back, it's all been done before..."

Or to quote Ecclesiastes--"...There is nothing new under the Sun."

I know it's all pretty new to YOU... but it's NOT to the long-timers here...and it's the long-timers that you're aggravating the most, pretty much.  So relax, dude. Please.  :)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 11:27:39 am »
sabertooth, you say you work on more subtle methods of persuasion.

What people need to understand about me is that im not trying to persuade anyone of anything. Im only attempting to be as honest and truthful as I possibly can.

as far as the bickering goes I am only trying to expose what I view as a double standard which I see being applied towards me as well as the blatantly antagonistic attitude which I see being directed towards me as well.

I have reviewed many posts of my arguments with people and all I can see for the most is me answering questions or elaborating on a certain point which someone has asked me to elaborate or simply defending myself from an insult which has been directed at me and then being labelled an offender of some sort for doing so.

as far as claims that im promoting conspiracy theories that is a completely false statement. Most of what I learned has been gleened from open admissions written by the criminals committing them written in books such tragedy and hope, anything by zbigniew Brzezinski, the next million years by charles galton darwin, anyhting by bertrand russel.....i could go on and on. All of these things which I mention have been written about in these books so it cannot be a conspiracy if it is being done way out in the open as can be seen by anyone reading books such as these.

to call these things conspiracy theories only shows the high level of success of the indoctrination administered by the master race. this is much akin to the absurdity of labeling people who report the truth of 9/11 as conspiracy theorists when in reality the official story of 9/11 is itself a conspiracy theory please look up the definition of conspiracy if you doubt this.

in regards to nobody truly being in control of anything I have to wholeheartedly disagree on that point. The level of control being exhibited by the masters is truly remarkable at least 90% of the public is COMPLETELY under control even those who think that they arent such as the ron paul crowd or the alex jones crowd who are perhaps more under control than even everyone else.
-----------

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 04:10:07 pm »
I sure believe everyone can be adapted to cold if they want to, IMHO a very beneficial thing to explore. I just have + 1 degree C in the river outside the house now, and I have been diving head and all for several times as I swim in it and wow it is just magic!

For anyone interested in Science, you should read the book from the Scientist Dr Marino I am almost finished with now. It is just special, it will broaden your view about the whole Science of today's world in a amazing way. It did to me

I too believe we need to constantly evolve, seeking for the truth, and as our world changes, also our diet might or should... we live in a different world today than say, for thousands of years ago, just the last century has had massive changes appear unseen to mankind

Offline mango

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 12:20:04 am »
haha, i love the avril lavigne reference, couldn't think of a more appropriate time to use that quote :)

i totally agree with what van posted above regarding smoking pot. when i was high all day i felt quite a lot of resentment that i had found something so amazing as the healing effects of raw meat, yet i couldn't convince close family/friends with health issues to give up their terrible SAD diets and seek out a healthier lifestyle.

pot (regardless of the strain) made me trapped in my own head and it was only after quitting that i realized how paranoid and egotistical my way of thinking had become, and how i always felt like i had all the answers and looked down on anyone else who would not listen to what i believed what was the truth.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:15 am »
SVRN.

Please read and re-read and re-read what Van, Sabertooth and Cherimoya Kid were advising you.

Yes, we understand you to be young and excited (rubs off the wrong way when you reply sometimes because your youth or excitedness mis-reads the messages typed carefully by your elders.)

It's like this.  We all can appreciate how young and excited you are and it's all new to you and the passion just burns.  We were all there too, just like you in your youth right now... must be something most people who get healthy realize... an explosion of truth.

So the elders are patting you on the back that it's all okay, calm down, you made it through the rain, you are amongst us now in this forum and there is no need to bite back at van, sabertooth or cherimoya since they are all patting you on the back and smiling at your youthful exuberance. 

Do not mis-interpret the very friendly well thought of responses you got.  In fact, you should be very appreciative of the replies you got from van, sabertooth and cherimoya kid.

Can we get back on topic?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 01:32:22 am »
 feel like I am being misunderstood over and over again especially with my response to sabertooth which was only meant as an attempt to be understood...This is one of the reasons that I have been considering giving up all forms of internet communications.

We have been given this virtual world where people talk and talk and talk until the end of time but there is no communication. Words are complete BULLSHIT they are such a small part of communication, real human communication is body language smells feelings...things we dont even know about, psychic elements, the actualy presence of a human being. there is so much more to it. To limit our human communication to simply text is an insult to humanity and a recipe for failure.

In the past people would just sit around all day long, take turns telling stories or singing songs, no blaring tv in the background, no music on the radio, nothing but humans, sitting there with other humans.

Now look at us sitting here in this virtual prison built by our masters each of us all misunderstanding each other with no hope of anything except more and more isolation as we interact with people all around the world, some of whom are simply robots imitating people and we dont even know it, as text on a screen while computers scan our every word and people on military round tables run war games on all the data we give them.

this internet situation is so sad and I dont think its healthy for any of us. May god save us from this curse...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:43:11 am by svrn »
-----------

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 01:36:05 am »
I sure believe everyone can be adapted to cold if they want to, IMHO a very beneficial thing to explore. I just have + 1 degree C in the river outside the house now, and I have been diving head and all for several times as I swim in it and wow it is just magic!
Inger,
Seriously!!! 1 degree Celsius (33 F)
Wow. Did you work up to that or just jumped in one day?

I used to windsurf in temperatures below zero but we had wetsuits on. Last year my friend and I got the award for the last to kitesurf in December. It was around 5 to 7 Celcius. The hands were the worst because they are locked onto the control bar and never move and the gloves are very light. We were in dry suits but the hands and feet were wet. I am 60 and my friend is 62. We were out for maybe 1.5 hours. It was difficult to even remove our suits because the seals on the wrists and ankles cut off the blood flow.

We had a blast BTW.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 03:23:00 am »
feel like I am being misunderstood over and over again

maybe so, but that's not a reason to take it personal and do endless rants.  do you have friends, girlfriend, hobbies, job that you like?

you remind me of paleo donk.  maybe he can give you some advice.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 07:12:13 am »
feel like I am being misunderstood over and over again especially with my response to sabertooth which was only meant as an attempt to be understood...This is one of the reasons that I have been considering giving up all forms of internet communications.

We have been given this virtual world where people talk and talk and talk until the end of time but there is no communication. Words are complete BULLSHIT they are such a small part of communication, real human communication is body language smells feelings...things we dont even know about, psychic elements, the actualy presence of a human being. there is so much more to it. To limit our human communication to simply text is an insult to humanity and a recipe for failure.

Considering that it was a video of GS that convinced you to try raw meat, you make a good point.

Still, many of us have learned a great deal about eating raw from forums like this. I've learned all sorts of things about alternative health in general that would be difficult or impossible to find in book or in-person form. 

It definitely is very easy to misinterpret someone's tone in a text-based discussion. I've thought about linking all my posts to youtube videos of me speaking my posts while looking at the camera.  i think that would cut down on misinterpretation.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 07:25:19 am »
We have been given this virtual world where people talk and talk and talk until the end of time but there is no communication. Words are complete BULLSHIT they are such a small part of communication, real human communication is body language smells feelings...things we dont even know about...
Yes, Russell Means said that smell was a much more important sense to the Lakota oyate before the wasichu came, with the reservations and other modernizing changes. There are other senses we have lost more thoroughly that most people don't even know ever existed.

The solutions of the modernizers to fix the problems caused by modernization often involve stepping on the gas pedal, generating more of the same at an accelerating pace. It's like trying to avoid falling off a cliff in a car by stepping on the gas.

Back on topic, Wim Hof is one who is trying to build an alternative lifestyle to hypermodernism and I find him very uplifting and inspirational. From Wim we learn not to be a warmduscher. I recommend his videos and the videos on him.

A second lebensreform has begun. So far this one is more sensible (such as tending to involve Paleo-type diets instead of the misguided vegetarianism of the past). Let's hope for humanity's sake that it avoids past errors, doesn't make a lot of new ones, and has more staying power. Here's to the rebirth of hyggelig and gemütlichkeit.

Gemütlichkeit - Germany vs USA
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:39:43 am by PaleoPhil »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk