Author Topic: Ethiopian tribesmen eat blood and milk diet to get fat  (Read 4354 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ethiopian tribesmen eat blood and milk diet to get fat
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:03:21 am »
Great headline: "Ethiopian men compete to be the fattest in the village by drinking a gruesome mixture of blood and milk..." Here in the US, we get way fatter by adding high-fructose corn syrup to everything in our fat-free diets.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:30:04 am »
I like how all the comments talk about the nudity in the photos. We have a gruesome aversion to nudity in Western cultures.

Being fat is a sign of abundance. Their culture takes that a little to the extreme making the poor men unhealthy to where they have trouble walking, one of humans most basic functions as well as their only athletic ability that trumps other animals; we can walk all day, everyday, other animals can't. To lose that ability seems like an evolutionary disadvantage IMO, so it goes to show how much culture can trump necessity.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »
Thanks Tyler, awesome find.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:33 pm »
I thought I had discussed the Bodi fat men before in this forum, but I see it was at a couple other forums. Sorry I didn't mention it before, Tyler, as they are a good example for your anti-milk case, at least for people who are trying to lose weight. It's no surprise that they never get mentioned by the most fervent dairy fans like the WAPF.  ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:00:58 pm »
What I found the most intriguing is that they get rid of the extra bodyweight in a few weeks!
They don't look all that fat to me. Mostly extremely bloated. That would also explain how they get rid of it so fast.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:16:15 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk