Author Topic: Most powerful Typhoon in recorded history made landfall... in the Philippines  (Read 4602 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Most powerful Typhoon (HAIYAN) in recorded history made landfall... in the Philippines.  Now.

And the very first strike hit over Guiuan, Samar.

The beach / provincial paradise I had just taken a vacation in just last October 25 to 31,  2013

I will post my vacation pictures and my account of this cool tropical paradise now just being destroyed by this Typhoon, and the email I sent to my family being so enchanted with this place... Guiuan Samar.  I intentionally did not blog about this place because I do not want this place to explode in tourism like Boracay... seems they won't be get up for a few more years after this.  I hope the new friends I made there will survive, I'm resigned to the fact they will ask for monetary help after this.

I'm pretty sure the nipa hut where I stayed for a few days is destroyed by now.  The people there have been uncontactable by cell phone since yesterday afternoon... probably the cell phone companies turned off their equipment.

My cousin in Boronggan city, Samar also facing the Pacific Ocean took refuge in his home town of Catbalogan where they are protected by mountains.  His parents are stuck in Tacloban City where the eye of the typhoon is hitting right now.

I'm in Manila and we just have light rains.  Typhoon will be grazing us maybe in a few more hours.

Super Typhoon Haiyan Hits Philippines.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:53:33 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Stay safe.  That looks like the worst storm since we started being able to measure wind speed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I have noticed that whenever there is a typhoon, hurricane, tsunami or volcanic eruption etc.  mentioned, the Phillipines is often mentioned as being the country hardest hit.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Hope you friends and family stay safe GS!

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I don't know where I'd be without you GS, that's from the heart

Please stay safe so I can visit you very soon when I visit asia during summer

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Thanks for the thought guys, we are dry and safe in Manila, just a smattering of showers... no threat at all.

But my new friends in Guiuan cannot be contacted, all communications are still down.  I fear the worst. 

Here is a video tribute I did with my photographs:

Maybe it was via cosmic providence that I happened to visit the remote town of Guiuan, Samar last October 25-30, 2013... so I could take these pictures. Then come 4am November 8, 2013, this most powerful in recorded history making landfall Super Typhoon Haiyan / Yolanda most probably destroys this ideal paradise land I was so enchanted with. I assume immense devastation due to all communications being cut off. - Read more at: http://goo.gl/xxZ9Et

Guiuan, Samar Paradise Lost -- Pictures October 25-30, 2013 - Before Destruction by Typhoon Haiyan

Feel free to use this computer desktop sized photo of the beach in Calicoan Island.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:41:49 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk