Author Topic: Fukushima and California  (Read 30383 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fukushima and California
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 11:35:32 am »
Err, the above is pretty racist and absurd. Not to mention wrong.

Spoken like someone from another very famous island nation. ROFL

But seriously, the Japanese are famously racist and xenophobic.  I think they may be making some efforts to change that now, but they literally cut off all contact with the outside world for about 300 years.  That is some serious xenophobia, and it's a fairly typical thing for an island nation.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:35 pm »
Spoken like someone from another very famous island nation. ROFL

But seriously, the Japanese are famously racist and xenophobic.  I think they may be making some efforts to change that now, but they literally cut off all contact with the outside world for about 300 years.  That is some serious xenophobia, and it's a fairly typical thing for an island nation.
This is all meaningless. Take China for example, it used to also   be heavily  isolationist(from c.1371 to 1911)  and then there's the famously neutral Switzerland,  so "island nations" are hardly the only isolationist countries; and isolationist countries  usually have very good reasons for being "isolationist" such as not wanting to participate in foreign wars and thus avoid getting slaughtered  etc.. As regards the Japanese,  at the time they had been infiltrated by Christians who were seriously  disrupting  millenia-old old social standards, so they had every right to cut off most contact. Incidentally, they did not cut of ALL contact as they allowed the Dutch to stay on as traders as the latter were sensible and did not try to proselytise/convert them.

I have never been to Japan but my brother has, and has pointed out that Japan since WW2 has been, if anything, very worryingly pro-Western in its atttitudes, with most Japanese copying the West in a multitude of ways. Indeed, he found that as a gaijin, he was very much desired by the local women.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:32:03 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 10:30:02 am »
Your example of China actually proves my point.  The many mountain ranges between China and India, including the Himalaya, effectively wall off that part of the world from the West.  Even when the Silk Road was active, there was relatively little direct contact.  That type of isolation tends to create xenophobia, and encourages racism, if there are racial differences.  And yes, the Chinese are famously xenophobic and racist.

And the Swiss are the same way.  The Alps are a natural barrier, which in turn created some xenophobia.  Granted, all the BS that came from the rest of Europe for many centuries would be a natural thing to try to avoid.  Neither the royals nor the church were all that wonderful, to say the least, the Inquisition being just one example.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 05:03:55 pm »
This is again nonsense. The Silk Routes were huge in number so trade was very brisk. And there was plenty of direct contact. So much so that  there was that recent find of European mummies with blond and red hair found in China some time back, the Tarim mummies, showing that there was great cultural exchange at the time, thousands of years ago. Then there was that recent  Chinese village which showed residents  having very large amounts of European ancestry either from the Romans or the Huns, and the fact that Genghiz Khan had red hair and green eyes with the Mongols, invaders of China,  having a sizeable portion of Caucasian DNA in them, and so on.

The Swiss example is also bad. The main reason for the splits  was a question of religious differences, nothing more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:56 am »
We're getting off topic, and nothing you have said helps prove that the US government is likely to help the Japanese hide excessive levels of radioactivity. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 08:39:23 am »
We're getting off topic, and nothing you have said helps prove that the US government is likely to help the Japanese hide excessive levels of radioactivity. 

Do they honestly have to hide anything? All the government has to do is look the other way, while the PR people say to the public"move along there is nothing to see here."

Who is to say what constitutes excess radiation anyway, or that the samples taken are actually representative of the entire contaminated area?

Its the same tactic that is being used with every other issue that threatens human health. Just look away and ignore the issue and eventually people will forget, and 20 years later no one will be able to see why everyones chromosomes are screwed up. The ignore the problem protocol has been applied to many things such as GMO, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, radiation from innumerable sources to name a few.

That being said, I honestly don't believe that fukushima is polluting land animals in California. There may be other sources of radioactive pollution, but its highly unlikely that fukushima would be the culprit.

Me and my  half racist Japaneses girlfriend have talked allot about the issues of radiation, and speculative reports that utensils, building materials, radon from underground, etc are possible causes for contaminating our our environment with unsafe levels of radiation.

Does anyone think it would be wise to buy a meter to scan over our personal living space to insure there isn't excessive radiation?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:55:29 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:24 am »
The main risk of low-level radiation is cancer, and the kind of diet that we eat is very protective against cancer.  For that matter, the levels of radiation that we get in our environment may even be hormetic, to use one of your favorite words, tyler. 

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 01:58:37 am »
Does anyone think it would be wise to buy a meter to scan over our personal living space to insure there isn't excessive radiation?

Just make sure to thoroughly ventilate low areas of the house such as basement. Radon is very heavy gas and accumulates in low areas.  Dirt crawl spaces are especially susceptible.  It is only harmful when inhaled.  It's radiation is too weak to penetrate skin.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 10:18:00 pm »
http://banoosh.com/blog/2014/01/01/36-signs-media-lying-radiation-fukushima-affecting-west-coast/

"36 Signs The Media Is Lying To You About How Radiation From Fukushima Is Affecting The West Coast"
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 12:06:49 am »
http://banoosh.com/blog/2014/01/01/36-signs-media-lying-radiation-fukushima-affecting-west-coast/

"36 Signs The Media Is Lying To You About How Radiation From Fukushima Is Affecting The West Coast"
Well... the beginning of the end? It can and will only get worse, people being lied to and not told the truth just adding more.
Always have to read between and behind the lines and dig out alternative articles and such to know what really is going on.
Have to now check where sea food is coming from before eating it. And wouldn't hurt to learn ocean's currents... and overall water movement, and ocean animals' paths, and anything and everything that goes through pacific. Even if I'm not anywhere near the danger zone.

Sad that pacific ocean is dying.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 06:01:48 pm »
Look, this is all bullshit scaremongering. Radioactivity of the kind  at Fukushima would long ago have become diluted in the world's oceans to the point where it was quite harmless.

I agree. It's all propoganda brainwashing to control the populations in fear. This conspiracy theory is the biggest load of crap that is trying to turn peoples attentions away from the reality that is making people sick right in our societies, such as the foods people are eating, the water supplies and biological warfare, but radiation being dangerous anywhere but Japan years after the fact is the biggest scam I've seen in a long time and all the news stories are obviously twisted out of proportion and can easily be debunked.
I don't understand why people are so afraid of radiation in the first place. They don't understand what radiation poisoning is. People survive radiation poisoning from being exposed to it face on all the time - it's easily curable, let alone all the so called radiation "disasters" in history have proved to us that radiation is not the ominous radioctive tentacle creating disaster we wanted it to be. It didn't do much harm before, nor did it this time.
I hate how every single thing that comes up these days is blamed on radiation, then when scientists prove it wasn't the cause people bow their heads in dissapointment and wait for another excuse to blame radiation on. What about all the Sonar blasts that are harming the whales, yet people are so quick to blame every little ocean problem on radiation? It's like people want some kind of doomsday thing to happen. I don't understand this world. The world's loopy. If you ask me people are all zombies already LoL and we already saw the zombie apocalypse, radiation should be the least of their concern. They are infected with ignorance. Quick to believe whatever they read on the internet.

Offline cavebiatch

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:50 am »
It's like people WANT the world to end and get it over with.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 07:04:23 am »
Its all relative to your point of view. True paranoia is for those in possession of all the facts

Radiation is ubiquitous and we should not pretend to know how much people are exposed to, nor what effects it has. I have had three Cat scans and dozens of X-rays, been hit with high voltage, bathed daily in wifi, and cell tower waves, worked in Radon filled basements, and lord knows what else. My father use to play with transistor radios, and owned the very first car phones, and my grandfather was in the navy on war ships that used the radar. These all can be viewed as straws on the proverbial camel, of which fukashima is just one of millions of other weighty issues baring down upon its over burdened back.

The rabbit hole has no end, and the sky is always falling, all we can do is go forward, forever forward.

Terence Mckenna denounces Relativism
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:10:38 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 12:58:14 pm »
Look, this is all bullshit scaremongering. Radioactivity of the kind  at Fukushima would long ago have become diluted in the world's oceans to the point where it was quite harmless.

Agreed! If you want to live in a bubble than do that. Posting this crap is like yelling fire in a dark theatre. deboss88 all you state is Tuna. Hey buddy, it migrates throughout the ocean. If you want to avoid tuna than do it. You should be avoiding Tuna anyway's! Tuna is a predatory fish that is high in the food chain. We all know we should limit our intake on these fish due to the high mercury in their flesh. I live in Southern California, and if you have an issue with food from California than avoid it and eat food you trust. BTW deboss88, go check yourself for radioactivity. I bet you're radioactive like everything else on this planet is!  l)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »
. We all know we should limit our intake on these fish due to the high mercury in their flesh.

No, we don't.  The mercury in fish is not enough to cause problems in most people. The Japanese (and many other island/coastal cultures) eat waaaay more seafood than Americans do, on average, and they are not showing massive mercury poisoning.  In fact, they have pretty long life spans, on average.

Not one seafood-eating population on the planet is showing signs of mercury poisoning.  But you're right about radioactivity. It's all useless scare-mongering.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »
CK is  absolutely right. There was that study done on the children in the Seychelles and these children  incurred no harm  whatsoever from the microscopic amounts of mercury found in raw seafood, even though they ate 10 times as much seafood in a year than Americans do.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »
Agreed! If you want to live in a bubble than do that. Posting this crap is like yelling fire in a dark theatre. deboss88 all you state is Tuna. Hey buddy, it migrates throughout the ocean. If you want to avoid tuna than do it. You should be avoiding Tuna anyway's! Tuna is a predatory fish that is high in the food chain. We all know we should limit our intake on these fish due to the high mercury in their flesh. I live in Southern California, and if you have an issue with food from California than avoid it and eat food you trust. BTW deboss88, go check yourself for radioactivity. I bet you're radioactive like everything else on this planet is!  l)

Then, the correct word would be then, not than. If you want to live in a bubble then do that. If you want to avoid tuna then do it. If you have a problem with food from California then avoid it. The correct way to use than in a sentence would be "I'd rather eat non-California produce than California produce."

Thank you for the advice.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 03:04:56 am »
Thanks for the discussion on Island nations etc CK and TD

My understanding is that there is more to the mercury issue than mercury by itself. An excellent podcast Revolution Health Radio Chris Kresser # 34 tells the story accurately.

Mercury like all things affects some PPL more than others in the same way that everything does. A friend of mine has Pinks disease and almost died - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3173747/

Some PPL are either not aware or just plain stupid when it comes to things that affect their health. I for instance cannot have a wifi on in my vicinity or I get headaches and feel very sleepy and my head gets hot. My wife gets headaches and cannot sleep very well when it is on.

There are no doubt some PPL who are more sensitive to radiation and may have serious issues from it. It may very well be that it has a low level affect on everyone. Kind of like mad cow disease. I read that if one animal has it and it's meat is put into a vat and made into ground beef it can infect 10,000 PPL just because of the way that fast food is made. The insidious thing about MCD is that it's affects do not show up for a very long time so if someone has dementia for instance it may be just blamed on 'old age' not the hamburger you had 10, 15 years ago.

To dismiss this as some kind of hysteria is an invitation for instant karma.

One of my sisters was the world's most vocal skeptic who liked to trash everyone that got sick as being a whiner and that half the diseases that PPL got were because they were too lazy to go to work, etc, till she got lyme and couldn't walk for tripping over things and all the other symptoms. She would have been the first to dis others with supposed lyme and join in with the packs of Doctors who dismiss it as quackery. But then instant karma hit her. She was very lucky in that the local Dr. in her home town had had lyme himself and so was quick off the mark to treat her.

The reason for talking about these subjects is hopefully someone out there has a way to do something about it, either on a personal level or a mass scale, whatever.

It is not helpful to just categorically dismiss things, especially with generalized hyperbole. To cloak yourself in the holy disguise of a skeptic is to live in a self-important world of delusion. The world of science does not include PPL who categorically dismiss everything.  A true scientist has no opinion, just facts.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 03:11:31 am »
Dr (surgeon) Jack Kruse does a talk on the radiation issue on a podcast. Unfortunately I do not recall which one it is on. It is either on a podcast "Bulletproof Radio' Dave Asprey or Not just Paleo with Kris Gunnars.

He is quite an interesting character.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 03:37:30 am »
The evidence against mercury and radiation scares is actually based on  several solid scientific studies. I already mentioned the Seychelles one, for example, which makes the ludicrous anti-mercury scares seem pathetic.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 04:38:57 am »
The evidence against mercury and radiation scares is actually based on  several solid scientific studies. I already mentioned the Seychelles one, for example, which makes the ludicrous anti-mercury scares seem pathetic.
I hear you Tyler. I wasn't actually aiming that post at you. A number of posters were making large statements about what they 'believe'. Whether I agree with you or not, you at least give proofs.

Although having said that, you know as well as I do that scientific studies are a kind of smoke and mirrors show. Some science is funded by PPL who have something to gain from an outcome and so they hire their 'favourite' scientists and start with a conclusion and work backwards. This is not to dismiss it all, but there are a number of problems with science. I am awaiting a copy of Rupert Sheldrake's Rupert Sheldrake - The Science Delusion BANNED TED TALK
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 05:10:47 am »
You are correct in stating that science can be dodgy. In the case of all those studies damning meats, they, for example, completely ignore the fact that the relevant meats in studies are always cooked. As regards the mercury/fukushima  guff, though, I do not solely base my views on scientific studies but also on common sense and past experience. For example, there used to be scare stories in the late 1980s suggesting that all western Europeans were going to die as a result of  the Czernobyl disaster.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 05:24:45 am »
You are correct in stating that science can be dodgy. In the case of all those studies damning meats, they, for example, completely ignore the fact that the relevant meats in studies are always cooked. As regards the mercury/fukushima  guff, though, I do not solely base my views on scientific studies but also on common sense and past experience. For example, there used to be scare stories in the late 1980s suggesting that all western Europeans were going to die as a result of  the Czernobyl disaster.
I hear ya. It's difficult to know truly the middle road where facts are located. Newspapers are not something I bother with for this reason. I am sure you are familiar with the nimwits in the media and their lack of judgement and truthfulness.

I remember years ago I did a charter for the CBC national news. We took them to a small French possession south of NL called St. Pierre et Miquelon. Long story but basically the locals would not talk to these media PPL so when they got back to the aircraft they held a pow-wow to try to salvage some sort of story for the 'National' as this aircraft was expensive.

So they made up something that would have made McCartney/Lennon proud. Paperback Writer - The Beatles It was complete BS, fabrication. Something from a bad paperback thriller.

this unfortunately gets done with science also.
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 07:36:52 am »
For what it's worth, the book by Ruppert Sheldrake that you allude to is superb. The US title is Science Set Free, the European version's title is The Science Delusion, which is a play on the title of Richard Dawkins' book The God Delusion.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »
Then, the correct word would be then, not than. If you want to live in a bubble then do that. If you want to avoid tuna then do it. If you have a problem with food from California then avoid it. The correct way to use than in a sentence would be "I'd rather eat non-California produce than California produce."

Thank you for the advice.

You aren't going on one of your schizophrenia rants again are you? Go have another serving of raw liver and brains. Hopefully that will bring you back down to Earth. It's funny, because most of the crap you post is technically "crap". lol . Maybe that's your schizophrenia coming out. I don't know? I'm not a doctor. Hopefully you don't play your own doctor at home. Do you hear voices when you read posts? What sets you off? Misspelled words, grammar, cooked foods, people in general, opinions that you don't agree with? Just trying to figure you out bro? I would advise you eat something first before you post. It "might" help you with your thoughts? On second hand, maybe not. -\ I have a suggestion for you, and this might fit you better that DaBoss88. Schizo88. Just thought I'd throw the 88 in there. I don't know why you'd use that? I mean how many DaBoss's are there in this forum? hehehe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk