Author Topic: Eating insects.  (Read 4136 times)

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating insects.
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:58 am »
My new quest is to consume more bugs and insects. As long as I feel its nutritious for me I believe I am going to try it.

Not sure if this was already posted, but has anyone else seen this website? It has some very interesting information that I have only scratched the surface of...

www.eatheweeds.com
Gnawing on bones.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating insects.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 12:39:34 am »
Wow and here is a book with all the nutritional content of bugs and insects!!

The Dietitian's Guide to Eating Bugs
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:07:45 am »
Bruno Comby experimented with insects and wrote a book "Délicieux insectes" — in French.
http://www.lecanardgascon.com/upload/fichiers/CG21-02.pdf
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:59:01 am »
Wish I knew french... Have you read it? Any key takeaways?
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »
No, I didn't read it but I talked with Comby a couple of times at the instincto center in Montramé. For me, the key takeaway is that he could find out which insects are edible and which ones are poisonous by tasting them raw. Anyone can do it too by being ready to spit if a bad taste appears.

For example, the other day I ate a piece of an unidentified mushroom. I have absolutely no knowledge about mushrooms but its smell was attractive and its taste was fine, until I felt a slight nausea, sign that I had eaten enough of it at the moment and eating more would probably cause some unpleasant reaction.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk