Author Topic: How to eat paleo in a foreign country  (Read 11102 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
How to eat paleo in a foreign country
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »
I will be travelling to India (state of punjab, city is called chandigarh) and staying there for 5 weeks. Any tips on how I can consume a paleo diet??

Will I be able to take certain foods with me, such as macadamia nuts or fat??

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to eat paleo in a foreign country
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:59 am »
you have to be very careful eating raw food in India, unless you've lived there before.  You can very easily get diarrhea from the unfamiliar bacteria.

I would say you would be safe to eat raw peeled fruit like mangoes and other peeled fruit. Any meat or fish should either be marinated in lime/lemon juice (ceviche-style), or probably steamed.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:20:16 am »
Contact a paleo dieter / raw paleo dieter in that country and ask him / her.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »
in India, most of the people are vegetarian for their religious purpose. u can chose to live in Muslim area in Punjab for better access of meat and fish. At least u can follow cooked pale diet there in Muslim area
bugs or country chickens

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:38:34 pm »
Thanks for the response guys. I won't be able to live in a muslim area because I am visiting relatives in punjab (they are SIKHS).

How can I find a paleor who lives in India??

Also, I have had Pretty bad body acne in the past few years (moderately to moderate severe). I have kind of got it under control but I am scared that the unfamiliar bacteria in India will worsen it.

Any suggestions??

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »
If you're used to raw foods, perhaps including tropical foods as well, you shouldn't have any problem in India. I used to live 6 months a year in Sri Lanka and never had problems with raw food there. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:54:56 am »
Also, how will i be able to tell if meat is 100 % grass fed and finished? From my understanding, it is difficult to eat beef in Punjab but goat and lamb are widely available

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:44:02 am »
Ask the meat-seller what the animals are fed. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:40:43 pm »
look and ask for younger animals, meat that's dark red vs. pale, and the more fat the better.  Sick animals, poorly nourished animals can't keep weight on. 

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »
thanks for the responses guys!

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 01:32:08 am »
Do you guys happen to know if I can bring fat on a plane? I know oils are forbidden, but what about butter, and animal fat??

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 05:26:29 am »
Paleo Airline forbids butter.  If you fly Neolit Airline, then you can bring butter aboard.  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:27 am »
Do you guys happen to know if I can bring fat on a plane? I know oils are forbidden, but what about butter, and animal fat??

LOL @ Iguana, but seriously... it's not the plane, it's the security that can be a problem. Last August, I passed through airport security with a satchel full of special food. I actually was allowed to bring everything on board, but the coconut oil cost me a polite pat-down search.

The one-pound container of coconut oil underwent a non-invasive voodoo test - the jar was opened, a reagent strip waved in the air above the jar, then the strip was "read" with a meter. The raw meat and fat didn't draw any special attention. Based on that, butter might be okay.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 05:32:37 am »
Okay.

I want to bring  sheep tallow, olive oil, ghee, and coconut oil. Hopefully it isn not a problem with security

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 05:50:21 am »
I want to bring  sheep tallow, olive oil, ghee, and coconut oil. Hopefully it isn not a problem with security

Hmmm - bringing coconut oil and ghee to India might be redundant. Can you source these locally before you travel? I live in an area with many Indian markets, and many of the imported jars of ghee have "grassfed" on the label.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:28 am »
The problem is even though the jars may be labeled as grass fed...  They may not be 100% grass fed.

I would need to find raw coconut oil in india

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 07:24:14 am »
planning to move in India in near future.  1st choice was Bhutan, but having a mentally ill brother, Bhutan's mountains look pretty scary . I m buying a vacation house in South India, vigorous coconuts production, ancient martial arts, the land of Ayurveda and the world's famous ancient Ayurveda massage and enough high quality water buffaloes and buffalo meat is available. So much sea food extremely cheap and fresh.  :P I m pretty excited
bugs or country chickens

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 09:10:40 am »
planning to move in India in near future.  1st choice was Bhutan, but having a mentally ill brother, Bhutan's mountains look pretty scary . I m buying a vacation house in South India, vigorous coconuts production, ancient martial arts, the land of Ayurveda and the world's famous ancient Ayurveda massage and enough high quality water buffaloes and buffalo meat is available. So much sea food extremely cheap and fresh.  :P I m pretty excited

Raw, how were you able to find if the buffalo meat is high quality, and same with the fish??

My researching skills are abysmal ..

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »
simple, cause Indian do not pay attention on buffalos yet. They r huge with long strong horns. and south has the reputation of being a fish or seafood paradise along with coconuts... Beautiful houses and i could have maids, security guard and manager to maintain my house which is almost impossible living in USA. Also women look much beautiful there where they wear mostly cotton sarees and have aromatic real jasmine flowers on their hair. for me that is a magical feeling. i would also consider to have a jasmine garden for myself...
bugs or country chickens

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 04:12:24 pm »
simple, cause Indian do not pay attention on buffalos yet. They r huge with long strong horns. and south has the reputation of being a fish or seafood paradise along with coconuts... Beautiful houses and i could have maids, security guard and manager to maintain my house which is almost impossible living in USA. Also women look much beautiful there where they wear mostly cotton sarees and have aromatic real jasmine flowers on their hair. for me that is a magical feeling. i would also consider to have a jasmine garden for myself...

sounds awesome man. If you do not mind me asking, how much money would a person need to live the good life in India?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:36 am »
 ;)tests, it is far cheaper than USA. i will be investing $200000 to buy a beautiful home. and the best quality of food will be fraction what i pay here. and total living is priceless. lots of tourists, most Europeans are there all year round. the world's top resorts, boat house and ancient martial arts club and spa are few to mention...
bugs or country chickens

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 11:01:10 am »
;)tests, it is far cheaper than USA. i will be investing $200000 to buy a beautiful home. and the best quality of food will be fraction what i pay here. and total living is priceless. lots of tourists, most Europeans are there all year round. the world's top resorts, boat house and ancient martial arts club and spa are few to mention...

sounds like a paradise.

Where exactly in southern India do you want to move to?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 11:11:05 am »
Yes. Paradise to me too. The population are physically most fit and healthy who r living simple life. Rich and educated people r unfortunately unhealthy, cause, they live in AC room, eat fried food, wear western clothing and do not work as labor... Their focus is not health, but academically want to be more successful... LOL!

Kerala, India
Amazing Kerala Kalari Ayurveda Foot Therapy KAFT (Chavitti uzhichil treatment)
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:39 am »
Amazing martial arts... imagine i m adding this
Kalaripayattu - Unique martial art of Kerala
bugs or country chickens

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 12:02:09 pm »
Yes. Paradise to me too. The population are physically most fit and healthy who r living simple life. Rich and educated people r unfortunately unhealthy, cause, they live in AC room, eat fried food, wear western clothing and do not work as labor... Their focus is not health, but academically want to be more successful... LOL!

Kerala, India
Amazing Kerala Kalari Ayurveda Foot Therapy KAFT (Chavitti uzhichil treatment)

What is the typical diet in Kerala?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk