Author Topic: Prehistoric Man went house-hunting  (Read 2102 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Prehistoric Man went house-hunting
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:57:23 am »
Interesting article. Excerpt:
The grass growing in flood plains would have attracted large herbivores such as horses, deer, rhino and beavers, which Stone Age man ate for protein and fat.

The researchers suggest vitamins and protein may have come from sources such as raw liver, the eggs of water birds, fish and plants, including watercress, which grows year round and is rich in folic acid, that is important for child rearing.

Fats in particular, may have come from bone marrow, beaver tails and highly nutritious eels, they said.

The nutritional diversity of these sites allowed hominids to colonise the Atlantic fringe of north west Europe during warm periods of the Pleistocene and permitted the repeated occupation of this marginal area from warmer climate zones further south.

Professor Brown told The Independent: ‘Looking at the nutritional resources available to these populations, we think that they would not have suffered from much heart disease, cancer or most viral diseases.’
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk