Author Topic: Enough vitamin K without vegetables?  (Read 7482 times)

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Enough vitamin K without vegetables?
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:51:37 am »
I dont tolerate vegetables well, and I know that the green vegetables are full of antinutrients. I dont like them very much either, so I rarely eat them. I know there are different K vitamins, and that K1 mainly comes from green vegetables, and K2 comes from animal sources. When I look at nutritional data, I get very little K1, and I am wondering if I get enough? Do you even need that much vitamin K1? Is it exaggerated? IMO humans are only supposed to eat very little vegetables, if any, and many people seem to live fine without them.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Enough vitamin K without vegetables?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:16:24 am »
I personally don't eat any vegetables. I've been tested and my Vitamin K1 was on the low side. It was 0.14 which is low and the range is 0.28-1.78.

I can't say how important it is, but I'm doing well.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:44:31 pm »
IMO humans are only supposed to eat very little vegetables, if any...

Why this idea ??
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »
Eat wild greens (nettles, dandelions, linden leaves, chickweed......) and seaweeds! You will have to worry no more :)

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 11:11:25 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I think I will eat some nettle and dandelion, as I know they are high in vitamin K. What about parsley? It should contain really high amounts.

Iguana:
Most people I know just dont like or tolerate vegetables very well. Humans dont digest them very well, and in many cold countries, you cant barely find any. But of course we are all different, and I think the best thing to do, is to find out what works for you.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:44:10 am »
If they don't tolerate raw vegetables well, it's certainly because they eat it mixed and seasoned in salads: thus they can't know which ones are suitable for them and what is the exact amount they need!

We automatically find out with our nose and taste buds what will work for us when the veggies (or any other raw paleo food) aren't mixed.

Sometimes I like a bit of parsley.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:25:45 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 06:38:56 am »
I don't do well with tom much vegetables, but I do like mixed salad greens, and will eat a small salad about every day.

I would think that eating the whole animal would insure you get plenty of vitamine K.
I make sure to drink all the blood as well.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 08:29:11 am »
and many people seem to live fine without them.
There's always a difference between surviving on whatever and being in good health. I prefer the latter. The body is quite resiliant and can survive on anything, it could also survive on nothing for several years, but I don't know why anyone would.
Unless you have an enlarged liver like the Inuit who eat an all meat diet, it's probably not going to be ideal, but that doesn't mean you can't survive on it. It depends if your goals are for optimal health or just survival, because the human body is really capable of surviving on anything for long amounts of time.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »
One of the reasons I had tried adding back a little greens before is that in watching our dog who eats raw chicken backs and a raw beef organ mix in the evenings is that he will regularly nibble at grass. Not a lawn (may have chemicals), but little clumps of grasses that grow in our native plant yardscape. Not much, just a nibble here and there.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 03:11:12 pm »
I personally don't eat any vegetables. I've been tested and my Vitamin K1 was on the low side. It was 0.14 which is low and the range is 0.28-1.78.

I can't say how important it is, but I'm doing well.

Just wanted to update where I am with vegetables. I now eat some vegetables - spinach, carrots, and some times other stuff. The body needs Vitamin K1 and K2, and there isn't much K1 in animal foods. Animal foods overall have more K2.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk