Author Topic: Anyone experienced with raw organ meats?  (Read 4351 times)

Offline alvinkim92910

• Forager
    • View Profile
Anyone experienced with raw organ meats?
« on: December 21, 2013, 03:01:35 am »
I just ordered some raw bison organ meats from Northstar Bison.

I bought some bison thymus, bison testicles, bison spleen, bison adrenals, Beef liver, and Beef heart and tongue.

Until next week, I will only be consuming raw offals (maybe I'll cook some if I can't get over the taste) raw grass fed milk, and raw grass fed butter.

This is actually going to be my first time trying out this much variety of organ meats.
All I've ever had was raw chicken liver from Whole foods and I ended up throwing it out because I kept gagging on it.

I want to eat healthy because I want to cure my eczema(really dry skin patches on scalp face and neck) that's been bothering me since birth.

I've been on the RPD since November 2012 and experienced detox symptoms since that time. Now I want to take it to the next level- by eating raw organs.

Does eating raw organ meats help with eczema?
For the experienced offal eaters, in what way does organ meats help improve your health?
And finally, do you guys think it'll be okay for me to be consuming only raw offals for a week? Is there such a thing as eating too many offals?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone experienced with raw organ meats?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:11:13 am »
do you guys think it'll be okay for me to be consuming only raw offals for a week?
No !

Is there such a thing as eating too many offals?
Yes !
We can eat too much of every single stuff. We can even die by drinking too much water...
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 03:29:37 am »
Like I mentioned in your other thread, eating raw organ-meats appears to speed up health-recovery.

One caveat:- I have heard from others that it is wise to eat only tiny parts of raw adrenal or raw thyroid at any one meal as they contain very concentrated hormones etc> in them.

Chicken are usually fed on 100% grains diets with a little veg thrown in if they are lucky, so your wholefoods raw chicken liver would likely have been nutritionally-poor food and therefore taste foul. Basically, if the animal is fed on deficient foods, then the toxins  will concentrate in the organs so it is wise, in such circumstances, to avoid the organ-meats.

Raw organ-meats have much higher levels of nutrients in them than raw muscle-meats. They also contain trace elements not found in raw muscle-meats.

I once ate only raw 100% grassfed ox liver (and nothing else) every alternate week for 6 months or so. By the end of that period,  eating the raw liver just gave me instant diarrhea  as my body became so sick of the nutrients it clearly did not want them any more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline primalgirl

• Trapper
  • Love Raw Primal/Paleo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 05:21:06 am »
I struggled with chicken livers, getting over that...bad liver taste. I read that you eventually get used to the taste and sure enough last month they didn't have that bad liver taste any longer...then I ran into someone who does the Weston Price diet and they informed me that if the livers are very, very fresh they have a wonderful sweet taste.

That must be it! I can eat these livers raw and they taste SWEET!

I had some for longer than a week and sure enough that bad liver taste was coming on. To think that all these years of struggling to eat (cooked or raw) liver...it was so old that is was no longer sweet AND how lucky that I have a source for super fresh sweet tasting chicken livers.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:33:12 pm »

I bought some bison thymus, bison testicles, bison spleen, bison adrenals, Beef liver, and Beef heart and tongue.

Sounds like a feast! Personally, you'll be fine if you just eat organ meats. Listen to your body. If you grave them, than eat them. When you loose the taste for them, then move to something else. Organ meats are much more nutritious that muscle meats.  :)  I'd add some good quality grass fed fats as well. Enjoy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk