Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Suggestion Box

complaint about annoying verification requests

(1/3) > >>

thunderseed:
I've only been here for a few minutes and I am already unimpressed with the god-awful verification and math questions that I have to fill out every time I write a post. This is such an ordeal. I didn't sign up here to do homework.
I probably won't be able to handle this nuisance for much longer.

Do you know that there are better ways to fight against spammers than to turn off forum users through terrible verification requests and constant annoying test questions? 

Type the letters shown in the picture:
I don't want to!

goodsamaritan:
I think it disappears after your 10th post.

lb_on_the_cb:

--- Quote from: thunderseed on January 07, 2014, 04:09:53 pm ---I've only been here for a few minutes and I am already unimpressed with the god-awful verification and math questions that I have to fill out every time I write a post. This is such an ordeal. I didn't sign up here to do homework.
I probably won't be able to handle this nuisance for much longer.

Do you know that there are better ways to fight against spammers than to turn off forum users through terrible verification requests and constant annoying test questions? 

Type the letters shown in the picture:
I don't want to!

--- End quote ---

i agree with this.  do you get so many spammers otherwise?

cherimoya_kid:
We're sorry, but at one point we were banning literally 4-5 spammers daily, for several years in a row. Deleting thread, deleting posts, etc. was taking up 10 minutes plus daily for me personally at least. I haven't had to ban a spammer in probably 3-4 months now.

TylerDurden:

--- Quote from: cherimoya_kid on September 13, 2015, 10:51:31 am ---We're sorry, but at one point we were banning literally 4-5 spammers daily, for several years in a row. Deleting thread, deleting posts, etc. was taking up 10 minutes plus daily for me personally at least. I haven't had to ban a spammer in probably 3-4 months now.

--- End quote ---
Ditto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version