Author Topic: Sleep, anxiety, focusing and thinking issues  (Read 12834 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Sleep, anxiety, focusing and thinking issues
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:22:33 am »
Hello everyone, i am having problems with stress, anxiety and problems thinking. Essentially, i just cannot seem to think too much or focus on things... And i have trouble sleeping. Is it a magnesium deficiency? Vitamin d?

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep, anxiety, focusing and thinking issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:21:28 am »
Hello everyone, i am having problems with stress, anxiety and problems thinking. Essentially, i just cannot seem to think too much or focus on things... And i have trouble sleeping. Is it a magnesium deficiency? Vitamin d?
I had similar before I went raw, aside other occasional problems I then didn't even know were problems.

Had to move and as a result right now I don't have good fat, just some commercial cooked pig fat crap, and as a result I feel "foggy" physically and mentally, it's not right. If goes well I can get real fat in the beginning of february.

Raw, quality fat is very important for the mind. And as well all vitamins and stuff, in undamaged form. It might help to map out the vitamins you get and, approximately, how much, just to see if you might have deficiency of some.

I personally felt the best when I was about 90% carnivorous. Lasted a week though, 'cause ran out of fat, couldn't get more, then had to move, a mess. I had mental and physical clarity I have never experienced before. Sleep was great, waking up was great, learning/studying great and went so well, everything just great, like there was energy for everything. Pure, calm, and strong energy, not this current foggy crap that makes me feel like I need to do something, anything, but just won't.

I've had problems with sleeping, like lying in bed for 5 hours before falling asleep. Anxiety, depression, mental "blocks", etc. All of which I didn't know were abnormal and went away when I went raw.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:00:38 am »

What foods do you eat? What is your lifestyle like? Are you spiritual or religious at all?

Most importantly, I think you should google ascension symptoms.

I doubt it is diet related.

Magnesium won't hurt to take, it'll help calm you, and the adrenal glands. If you are constantly in a state of adrenaline, you may be feeling this way too. Eventually that can lead to adrenal fatigue, and you will become very exhausted, but in the beginning stages, you are usually full of energy, and agitated.

Stress, anxiety, and agitation are mostly caused by environmental, mental, emotional, and psychological factors and the cure for that is eliminating the causes of stress, overcoming fears, working on psychological issues, releasing any past traumas, doing a lot of self work and most importantly finding relaxation techniques and adding things like meditation into your lifestyle.
If your lifestyle is too hectic and busy, you need to find ways to relax.

Use discernment. You will have people telling you that extreme diet changes might be necessary, however I encourage you to properly research effects of euphoria. It is actually dangerous and unhealthy if sudden, extreme diet changes are making you feel euphoric, it's the first stage of delusion in starvation, like in anorexic patients who feel literally amazing as they continue to starve themselves to death, but when this mental condition is caused by lack of food or nutrients, like in extreme low carb diets, it eventually leads to water loss, brain damage, mental problems, irritable mood, and overall bad health. So especially when you have been feeling not entirely mentally stable, euphoria may seem like a blessing in disguise, but please be aware of it. It is not actually healthy.

To gain a real healthy, calm and balanced and energized sense daily, you'll need to change lifestyle things. Food is just one component of body, mind and spirit. All three must be functioning well.
There are a bunch of relaxing things you can add to your lifestyle. You need truly relaxing things, but also add things that you have a passion for.
Physical activity will help with all the above. People who suffer from fatigue will benefit from it, as physical activity gives people more energy, not less.
People with overactive adrenal glands might become prone to addiction to the endorphins and adrenalin in physical activity, but that is a good thing. Working out will make you happy. It's a natural anti-depressent and mood stabilizer. Just don't overdo it.

For better mind clarity, mood boosters and relaxing benefits, try getting into cold swims.

Lack of sleep will make it hard for you to think properly and focus. Try natural techniques for sleep. When I used to have problems I drank that sleepy time tea or took melatonin, but mostly what worked for me was meditation relaxation techniques.
The one I used to fall asleep was imagining white light upon every breath going through every inch of my body, starting with each finger, and ending at each toe.

Also make sure to establish a proper sleep routine.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:42:04 am »
Our 48 yr old maid had sleeping problems.

I gave her magnesium oil to spray with under her arms, 2 pumps under her arm pits every single day.

She now sleeps like a baby at night and has gained sane weight and is happier... she has been on magnesium oil for only 4 months.  She saw better sleeping results in a week.

She never lived near the ocean / beach... this may be the reason why she was magnesium deficient.

------------

My wife sleeps better with wifi OFF.

And cell phones stored in another room.

-------------

I have a stainless steel plate where I ask my family members to stand on for 1 minute before going to bed.  To discharge / balance our bodies from all the EMF stuff we received during the day.

-----------

Some people are affected by watching the evening TV news.  Don't watch.  Watch it if you must in the morning.  I don't watch TV.  I instead read the news.  It's less stressful.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
What foods do you eat? What is your lifestyle like? Are you spiritual or religious at all?

Most importantly, I think you should google ascension symptoms.

I doubt it is diet related.

Magnesium won't hurt to take, it'll help calm you, and the adrenal glands. If you are constantly in a state of adrenaline, you may be feeling this way too. Eventually that can lead to adrenal fatigue, and you will become very exhausted, but in the beginning stages, you are usually full of energy, and agitated.

Stress, anxiety, and agitation are mostly caused by environmental, mental, emotional, and psychological factors and the cure for that is eliminating the causes of stress, overcoming fears, working on psychological issues, releasing any past traumas, doing a lot of self work and most importantly finding relaxation techniques and adding things like meditation into your lifestyle.
If your lifestyle is too hectic and busy, you need to find ways to relax.

Use discernment. You will have people telling you that extreme diet changes might be necessary, however I encourage you to properly research effects of euphoria. It is actually dangerous and unhealthy if sudden, extreme diet changes are making you feel euphoric, it's the first stage of delusion in starvation, like in anorexic patients who feel literally amazing as they continue to starve themselves to death, but when this mental condition is caused by lack of food or nutrients, like in extreme low carb diets, it eventually leads to water loss, brain damage, mental problems, irritable mood, and overall bad health. So especially when you have been feeling not entirely mentally stable, euphoria may seem like a blessing in disguise, but please be aware of it. It is not actually healthy.

To gain a real healthy, calm and balanced and energized sense daily, you'll need to change lifestyle things. Food is just one component of body, mind and spirit. All three must be functioning well.
There are a bunch of relaxing things you can add to your lifestyle. You need truly relaxing things, but also add things that you have a passion for.
Physical activity will help with all the above. People who suffer from fatigue will benefit from it, as physical activity gives people more energy, not less.
People with overactive adrenal glands might become prone to addiction to the endorphins and adrenalin in physical activity, but that is a good thing. Working out will make you happy. It's a natural anti-depressent and mood stabilizer. Just don't overdo it.

For better mind clarity, mood boosters and relaxing benefits, try getting into cold swims.

Lack of sleep will make it hard for you to think properly and focus. Try natural techniques for sleep. When I used to have problems I drank that sleepy time tea or took melatonin, but mostly what worked for me was meditation relaxation techniques.
The one I used to fall asleep was imagining white light upon every breath going through every inch of my body, starting with each finger, and ending at each toe.

Also make sure to establish a proper sleep routine.

Hey thunderseeds, thanks for the response. Even though this is a raw paleo forum, I do not consume any raw meat (tried it and could not handle it, even 100% grass fed and finished beef). I eat raw coconut oil, pasteurized butter (president brand, raw butter is expensive), olive oil (COOC certified), grass fed beef and lamb, fruits and leafy greens.

I do have fears and emotional factors... directly tied to acne and my appearance (and being accepted by others).

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »
Try wai diet with raw sea food and raw eggs... when you are ready.

You are missing out.

There is just something satisfying about animal foods.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »
Hey thunderseeds, thanks for the response. Even though this is a raw paleo forum, I do not consume any raw meat (tried it and could not handle it, even 100% grass fed and finished beef). I eat raw coconut oil, pasteurized butter (president brand, raw butter is expensive), olive oil (COOC certified), grass fed beef and lamb, fruits and leafy greens.

I do have fears and emotional factors... directly tied to acne and my appearance (and being accepted by others).

That's fine, I don't think all raw paleo dieters eat raw meat because many ancient peoples had fires LoL it sounds like you eat well, maybe lacking in other vegetables if you only eat leafy greens, I still doubt it is to do with diet.
Oh, I struggle with low confidence related stuff as well sometimes, that can really add to stress, that's for sure. I don't know what is good for helping that, because the only thing that helped me recover from anorexia and be strong and confident during the weight gain was faith and the "fake it till you make it" approach, and I still do that on bad days, so even when I feel bad about myself I just pretend I love myself and it does work because I start to see myself in a more positive way.

All I know is I've had stress and all that jazz before and the only thing that ever changed it all was the inside work. No matter how healthy I ate, or what I did on the outside, no matter what changes I made to my health (sometimes getting obsessed about it because I felt so bad about myself) the problem was always that I was miserable in some way or another on the inside LOL, and a change in perception is what helped me beat all sorts of things, cancer, addictions, mental illness, ect.
If you are at all spiritual, the 12 steps of AA are wonderful. It's really just a process that leads a person to happiness, they don't have to be an alchoholic to use the steps, but the steps help us to let go, psychologically of things and to find a belief or faith in something else other than being a control seeker or wanting to change things, but it is a spiritual program, whereas you will come to beleive in a "higher power" whatever that is to you haha. Regardless, the steps are quite amazing to utilize to let go and find peace in life.

Insomnia can be caused by something physical though, and I forgot to say if you really are worried, you can always go talk to your doctor, or a naturopath, whatever you are into haha.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »
That's fine, I don't think all raw paleo dieters eat raw meat because many ancient peoples had fires LoL it sounds like you eat well, maybe lacking in other vegetables if you only eat leafy greens, I still doubt it is to do with diet.
Oh, I struggle with low confidence related stuff as well sometimes, that can really add to stress, that's for sure. I don't know what is good for helping that, because the only thing that helped me recover from anorexia and be strong and confident during the weight gain was faith and the "fake it till you make it" approach, and I still do that on bad days, so even when I feel bad about myself I just pretend I love myself and it does work because I start to see myself in a more positive way.

All I know is I've had stress and all that jazz before and the only thing that ever changed it all was the inside work. No matter how healthy I ate, or what I did on the outside, no matter what changes I made to my health (sometimes getting obsessed about it because I felt so bad about myself) the problem was always that I was miserable in some way or another on the inside LOL, and a change in perception is what helped me beat all sorts of things, cancer, addictions, mental illness, ect.
If you are at all spiritual, the 12 steps of AA are wonderful. It's really just a process that leads a person to happiness, they don't have to be an alchoholic to use the steps, but the steps help us to let go, psychologically of things and to find a belief or faith in something else other than being a control seeker or wanting to change things, but it is a spiritual program, whereas you will come to beleive in a "higher power" whatever that is to you haha. Regardless, the steps are quite amazing to utilize to let go and find peace in life.

Insomnia can be caused by something physical though, and I forgot to say if you really are worried, you can always go talk to your doctor, or a naturopath, whatever you are into haha.

Thanks for the response. What is AA? Is it ascension?

I noticed that people who are religious tend to be happier than people who are atheists..

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »
That's fine, I don't think all raw paleo dieters eat raw meat because many ancient peoples had fires...

People have to be at least honest that they do not yet eat raw meat and should not call themselves raw paleo dieters until then. 

They could call themselves regular paleo dieters trying to transition into raw paleo dieters in the future.

There is a lot of magic in raw meat and raw fat... my driver attests to his 4 years of erectile dysfunction cure with raw beef... he describes the opening of his once dead blood vessels on his penis... and he is now a full fledged playboy... chicks left and right. 

My driver cannot maintain the raw paleo lifestyle because he can't afford it and doesn't have the discipline, but he knows what he has to do when he gets sick again.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:15 am »
There is a lot of magic in raw meat and raw fat... my driver attests to his 4 years of erectile dysfunction cure with raw beef... he describes the opening of his once dead blood vessels on his penis... and he is now a full fledged playboy... chicks left and right.

That's interesting. There could be so many factors contributing to fixing his ED - Vitamin K1+K2 unblocking calcified penile veins/arteries, raw arginine and lysine. Who knows. Cool though.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 02:25:48 am »
Thanks for the response. What is AA? Is it ascension?

I noticed that people who are religious tend to be happier than people who are atheists..

Oh sorry, it's not but ascension symptoms due to the changes in the earth seem to be causing people to be experiencing a whole bunch of interesting physical symptoms and emotional symptoms.

AA is Alchoholics Anonymous and is a spiritual program made to help people recover from addiction, alchoholism but you can use the steps they use for pretty much anything. I think the reason why people are happier from AA is a combination of letting go of things that bother them, and finding a "higher power" helps because it allows people to let go of control and rely on something bigger than them.  It's a good way of life and can be used to let go of anything. Heres a link to the steps:
 http://www.aa.org.au/members/twelve-steps.php

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 03:18:49 am »
People have to be at least honest that they do not yet eat raw meat and should not call themselves raw paleo dieters until then. 

They could call themselves regular paleo dieters trying to transition into raw paleo dieters in the future.

My driver cannot maintain the raw paleo lifestyle because he can't afford it and doesn't have the discipline, but he knows what he has to do when he gets sick again.
It shouldn't matter. You don't have to eat 100% raw to follow a raw paleo diet. If you do, kudos to you. There are many people that adapt and modify their diets while following specific diets for various reasons. I think that should be respected.

I don't like labelling, and figuring there is a certain criteria that must be adhered to, especially for following diets in ancient history that are literally unknown and raw paleo which there are many different kinds and is much more than eating raw meat; in reality unless you own a time machine, nobody can do it perfectly. The whole, "I am better than you because I eat ___ thing" in any diet makes me sad. 

Raw meat is great and has amazing health benefits like a lot of things in this world, but it's not going to magically get rid of stress, that is something that has to be fixed through lifestyle changes,
also, I don't see my place to push it onto other people, especially because most people in my life find it disgusting so I try not to eat it around them as much as possible. They are okay with me eating raw salmon around them only and even that is pushing it.

Warrior does eat raw foods, just not raw meats because they had a problem with it, atleast that's what I read.

I don't eat 100% raw either because I like healthy balance in my diet, but I do eat raw, which is why I am here. I eat mostly raw because I'm lazy and hate cooking LoL. For the record, I don't label myself or my diet as anything because I don't like labels. I eat raw meats not for the reason of following a raw paleo diet but because I like the taste better, but I also sometimes cook meat and it doesn't matter to me because MY ancestors ate it both ways.
Also, I don't always eat 100% paleo according to what my ancestors ate because while I love the way my people ate, I'm not about to go eat trees and bugs and whales hahaha and I also appreciate evolution and the way humans have adapted to digest other things as well and in all, I really love food. I am a healthy person and I like to be healthy more than just following a strict diet blindly.

However I do eventually plan on getting into eating a diet of mainly wild edibles collected from the wilderness around here instead of store bought veggies, this is just because I am quite obsessed about preparing for survival in case earth disasters happen here and grocery stores shut down and also it would help to save money.

I eat raw vegetables but I also cook them because most vegetables aren't actually meant to be eaten raw and can be poisonous without being cooked and I care about my health more than following some fanatical diet. I also eat carbohydrates because i need those as I am an athlete and unfortunately most of the ones I find have to be cooked.

I have no plans to transition completely to any diet 100%, because it would trigger my eating disorders. I can understand that you all might frown upon my way of eating, but I am in exceptional health this way and it is what works for me, I just wished we could all be respectful of what we all eat.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 07:37:46 am »
Our 48 yr old maid had sleeping problems.

I gave her magnesium oil to spray with under her arms, 2 pumps under her arm pits every single day.

She now sleeps like a baby at night and has gained sane weight and is happier... she has been on magnesium oil for only 4 months.  She saw better sleeping results in a week.

She never lived near the ocean / beach... this may be the reason why she was magnesium deficient.

------------

My wife sleeps better with wifi OFF.

And cell phones stored in another room.

-------------

I have a stainless steel plate where I ask my family members to stand on for 1 minute before going to bed.  To discharge / balance our bodies from all the EMF stuff we received during the day.

-----------

Some people are affected by watching the evening TV news.  Don't watch.  Watch it if you must in the morning.  I don't watch TV.  I instead read the news.  It's less stressful.

hey goodsamaritan, where can I purchase maganesium oil or spray?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 11:14:19 am »
Tests, are you eating a low-carb diet?  If so, try adding in a little raw fruit or raw honey.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:36 am »
which raw fruit wud u recommend?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 12:51:40 pm »
Try a different one each day, see how you feel.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 01:22:50 pm »
A few thoughts for you:

Magnesium oil is actually a salt of magnesium dissolved in water. If you buy the "oil" already mixed in water, it is more costly than if you buy the salt that they use for magnesium oil, sold as magnesium citrate, and dissolve it in water yourself. The other salt, called Epsom salts, is magnesium sulfate. Both can be taken internally, as a spray on your skin, or as a bath. Because ingesting magnesium salts can irritate the bowels and cause diarrhea, it's good to find the right amount gradually, or just let it absorb through your skin in a bath or spray. You can soak just hands or feet for good effect.

If you have a mental habit of worry and anxiety, no matter how it originated, deliberately using positive emotions like love or beauty or dwelling on happy events can expel the negative emotions. There are many books about how this works, such as Rick Hanson's Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence. There are audio programs, too; my favorites are from Belleruth Naparstek http://www.healthjourneys.com/default.asp.

If your anxiety stems from some trauma, try some therapy. It's not a quick fix, but life is long and relief will come. If you cannot afford therapy, use books or audio to learn what to do for yourself. And if you try therapy and think it's bullshit, switch to another therapist or style of therapy.

If you eat fruit or honey for relief, I think evenings are the best time.

It's good that you are paying attention to these types of symptoms. Good luck!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:37 pm »
A few thoughts for you:

Magnesium oil is actually a salt of magnesium dissolved in water. If you buy the "oil" already mixed in water, it is more costly than if you buy the salt that they use for magnesium oil, sold as magnesium citrate, and dissolve it in water yourself. The other salt, called Epsom salts, is magnesium sulfate. Both can be taken internally, as a spray on your skin, or as a bath. Because ingesting magnesium salts can irritate the bowels and cause diarrhea, it's good to find the right amount gradually, or just let it absorb through your skin in a bath or spray. You can soak just hands or feet for good effect.

If you have a mental habit of worry and anxiety, no matter how it originated, deliberately using positive emotions like love or beauty or dwelling on happy events can expel the negative emotions. There are many books about how this works, such as Rick Hanson's Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence. There are audio programs, too; my favorites are from Belleruth Naparstek http://www.healthjourneys.com/default.asp.

If your anxiety stems from some trauma, try some therapy. It's not a quick fix, but life is long and relief will come. If you cannot afford therapy, use books or audio to learn what to do for yourself. And if you try therapy and think it's bullshit, switch to another therapist or style of therapy.

If you eat fruit or honey for relief, I think evenings are the best time.

It's good that you are paying attention to these types of symptoms. Good luck!

I wonder if I should try orally taking magnesium and the magnesium baths as well??

I am going to try the positive thoughts method. Thanks Eve for your help... you are always very helpful.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 08:21:43 pm »
hey goodsamaritan, where can I purchase maganesium oil or spray?

This is the expensive one http://www.ancient-minerals.com/

I also buy a local one brand less and it is cheaper.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:00 am »
This is the expensive one http://www.ancient-minerals.com/

I also buy a local one brand less and it is cheaper.

okay. do you consume coconut oil, if so which brand

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:23 am »
okay. do you consume coconut oil, if so which brand

I do not consume coconut oil.  That tastes bad.
I only do that for VCO detox.

I get to eat raw freshly squeezed coconut milk in the fish ceviche sometimes, mostly I get young coconut meat eaten with the coconut juice... and when lucky I get fresh raw macapuno ( a gelatinous coconut meat that does not get hard, not so common )

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »
.. and when lucky I get fresh raw macapuno ( a gelatinous coconut meat that does not get hard, not so common )

I think I've eaten a few wild coconuts like this, they are fully mature coconuts, but the meat isn't hard, and is easy to chew and digest. Is that what you're talking about?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk