Author Topic: Newcomer  (Read 3819 times)

Offline blake

• Forager
    • View Profile
Newcomer
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:14:48 pm »
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Actually I would be new to any forum-never participated in one before, so it's kind a cool :) So basically have been eating raw for about 15 years or so. I met James Stewart from "Rawsome" - not sure if anyone's familiar with it - it was a little food co-op in Venice, CA where a lot of Raw meat eaters would go to get good fresh organic food, and unfortunately was busted by the food police not too long ago. 

Anyway, James introduced me to AV and I've been eating primarily raw ever since. I was diagnosed with ALS when I was 16 or 17, and after trying everything I could and not finding any success, I discovered the power of eating raw, and it has literally been the biggest godsend in my life. It was a true turning point for me, and my health just continues to get better and better as I become older (huh, kind of counterintuitive hah) Seems to me that bettering our health consists of a never ending journey of learning. Good to find a community of like minded people aspiring to do that. Looking forward to discussing, exploring, and continuing to learn from others experiences. Thanks!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Newcomer
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:32:29 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   Good to have a Primal Dieter with us.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline blake

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:57 pm »
Thanks Tyler! But really I prefer to go without the labels. I learned a lot from Aajonus, but nowadays I do what makes sense for me - I don't necessarily stick to one paradigm or another. I do feel that Aajonus was a good man though, and I do feel sad sometimes about his passing. He was a great guy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:06:38 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline blake

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:13:32 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome. Cheers!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »
Yeah, I was a bit depressed when he died. I wish there were some  raw guru around  as fanatical as he was regarding healthy raw foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline blake

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 04:33:46 pm »
Well, I guess it's all relative.. At what point does conviction or commitment become "fanatical?" Yea, he cared for his health like no one I have ever seen before. But maybe it's the world that's fanatical with all of its chemicals and germ phobias. Maybe Aajonus was just a "normal" guy who wanted to live naturally and in harmony with nature, but had to behave in a "fanatical" way so he could live as naturally as possible in what is often such a toxically ladened world. He was the most committed guy I ever met to living as naturally as possible. I don't think anyone would say that he didn't completely walk his talk. I was upset when he died also. I definitely felt a loss. I think he was a great guy and worked very hard to help people while he was here.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:46 am »
Well, I guess it's all relative.. At what point does conviction or commitment become "fanatical?" Yea, he cared for his health like no one I have ever seen before. But maybe it's the world that's fanatical with all of its chemicals and germ phobias. Maybe Aajonus was just a "normal" guy who wanted to live naturally and in harmony with nature, but had to behave in a "fanatical" way so he could live as naturally as possible in what is often such a toxically ladened world. He was the most committed guy I ever met to living as naturally as possible. I don't think anyone would say that he didn't completely walk his talk. I was upset when he died also. I definitely felt a loss. I think he was a great guy and worked very hard to help people while he was here.

It seems like a lot of raw food gurus die in accidents, etc..

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 07:32:41 am »
Glad to have you here. I also felt the loss with AV passing. I think it was a shock on some level. I thought he'd always be there to ask a question. I think coming here is partly a reflection of not having Rawesome or AV around. It's good to have a community around how I live on a most basic level.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk