Author Topic: Weston Price Foundation: Salt  (Read 16618 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Weston Price Foundation: Salt
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:28:30 am »
Salt may be good for some but it is bad news for me.
Cheers
Al

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:13 pm »
http://www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-minerals/the-salt-of-the-earth

http://www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-minerals/salt-and-our-health

What no opinion? You must like to post $%^& just for the heck of it?  l) Dude, you have to bring more than that to the table! We all could post a link and then disappear, what good would that do? Do you actually read these links, or do you just like to post for the sake of posting? Suggestion: Read the article than comment on it here (your opinion), than give the link. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!! :D

Busgrw

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »

Hi Raw-al, was wondering if you could be more specific on why Salt is bad news for you. I find that when I take salt it increases my anxiety and gives me panic attacks for a good number of days afterwards. How does it affect yourself?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:09:28 pm »
What no opinion? You must like to post $%^& just for the heck of it?  l) Dude, you have to bring more than that to the table! We all could post a link and then disappear, what good would that do? Do you actually read these links, or do you just like to post for the sake of posting? Suggestion: Read the article than comment on it here (your opinion), than give the link. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!! :D

Your second sentence should have a period at the end of it since it's not a question. As I pointed out in the Fukushima post, it is then, not than. Read the article then comment on it, would have been the appropriate way to say that.

The article discusses salt. The article is from the Weston Price Foundation. I ingest a lot of salt and follow a practically raw weston price type diet. Therefore I decided to share a post on salt I found interested from the Weston Price Foundation in the Raw Weston Price section.

I do pretty well with it. I use Redmond's unrefined Real Salt.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:54:22 pm »
I love salt too but I don't do well with Redmond Sea Salt and use a mix of a ton of other kinds and also a ton of seaweeds.

To each unique body their own unique dietary needs.

I really appreciate Weston A Price but take even their info with a "grain of salt" muahaha.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:29:28 am »
Hi Raw-al, was wondering if you could be more specific on why Salt is bad news for you. I find that when I take salt it increases my anxiety and gives me panic attacks for a good number of days afterwards. How does it affect yourself?
When I eat salt it heats up my digestion which is not necessary because my digestion is very strong. This heated up digestion sends the excess heat uphill and aggrivates my throat and teeth if I have enough. Basically it stops at a sore throat because I do things otr eat things to stop the progress.

What I do is have cool water to dilute it and after a bit I eat something that will slow down my digestion like fat or butter or cream or yogurt.

In Ayurvedic terms, salt aggravates Pitta so you do things to pacify it. Follow the pacify column under Pitta: http://ayurveda.com/pdf/food-guidelines.pdf

In Ayurvedic terms salt is good for PPL who have lots of Vata.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:10 am »
I really appreciate Weston A Price but take even their info with a "grain of salt" muahaha.

Very clever, lol.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 06:10:23 am »
Very clever, lol.
Good heavens I didn't even see that one LOL Maybe I need more salt in my diet. :)
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:34:30 am »
I get a nasty very sharp, very odd reaction if I  eat any salt. I  get a burning sensation if I try to eat (allegedly?)raw, sundried bee pollen. I do feel too warm if I eat more than a little cooked food, but it isn't as harsh as the heat I get from the pollen.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:07 am »
I thought about this today. When a fish eats another fish, wouldn't it ingest a lot of sea water?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:58 am »
I thought about this today. When a fish eats another fish, wouldn't it ingest a lot of sea water?
They spit it out
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:47 am »
They spit it out

In this video it looks a lot like they don't spit anything out. - Bluefin Tuna Eat Bait Ball

Where did you get that information? It kind of sounds made up lol.

A google search of "fish spit out water fish ocean" didn't yield anything in the first page.

Here's an article on some sea creatures even drinking sea water - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-can-sea-mammals-drink/

From a yahoo question - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110727124600AA1VscW

"On the other hand, saltwater fish do actively drink sea water. Their gills process the water and take out the salt. "

I assume when they say salt, they mean sodium, and not all the minerals in the ocean water. Which may be an explanation of why ocean fish can be such a good source of nutrition.

Which may also offer an explanation for why unrefined salt, with all the minerals intact, is so good for getting nutrition.

The unrefined salt I use has tons of minerals. I also use Blue Oceans Minerals which has the sodium removed, and is very rich in magnesium. Essentially Blue Oceans Minerals is sea water w/o the sodium, and unrefined salt is sea water with the water removed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:13:04 am by DaBoss88 »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 04:08:51 am »
In this video it looks a lot like they don't spit anything out. - Bluefin Tuna Eat Bait Ball

Where did you get that information? It kind of sounds made up lol.

A google search of "fish spit out water fish ocean" didn't yield anything in the first page.

Here's an article on some sea creatures even drinking sea water - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-can-sea-mammals-drink/

From a yahoo question - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110727124600AA1VscW

"On the other hand, saltwater fish do actively drink sea water. Their gills process the water and take out the salt. "

I assume when they say salt, they mean sodium, and not all the minerals in the ocean water. Which may be an explanation of why ocean fish can be such a good source of nutrition.
DaBoss,
What do they know, all those PPL on the net? It'll be our little secret.

Cool vid, I had no idea a Shearwater was an actual bird. That was the name of the airforce base near my old stomping grounds - Halifax. http://www.shearwateraviationmuseum.ns.ca/history/rcaf.htm

Interesting post there about salmon etc. Never really thought about it before.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:28 am »
DaBoss,
What do they know, all those PPL on the net? It'll be our little secret.

Lol

Here's a good article on fish and seawater - http://www.whfreeman.com/catalog/static/whf/phelanpreview/doc/01_fish.pdf

"But since the water coming into the mouths of saltwater fish is hypertonic, they send some of it down through their digestive tract, the same way humans drink (and the rest goes over the gills). Seawater fish do drink water."

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 03:25:08 am »
Maybe the discussion on ayurveda is off topic, and needs another thread.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 03:27:04 am »
good idea.
Cheers
Al

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:21 am »
Done. The new thread's name is "Ayurveda" and it's in the "Off topic" section.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk