Poll

What % of my (family) food comes from our own efforts, as in grow, catch, hunt etc.

100% of food from our own efforts
75% of food from our own efforts
50% of food from our own efforts
25% of food from our own efforts
10% of food from our own efforts
0% of food from our own efforts

Author Topic: Free Food and Medicine  (Read 2161 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Free Food and Medicine
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:32:33 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Free Food and Medicine
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:15 pm »
I noticed that in the trailer for the documentary the narrator goes through a natural remedy for gut parasite infestations. If it, and others, presented in the doc are actually effective it might make the investment quite worthwhile. I'll probably buy it when I next get paid.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:32:39 am »
It's always nice to see self-sufficiency information passed on.

I grew up learning how to produce or find every kind of food. As a parent, I passed this information on to my children in our own grass-free backyard garden, even though we grew up in an urban environment. There were tons of other urban people who did the same thing. We had community gardens at elementary schools, too, so that children could participate in growing their own food.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:30:55 am »
I noticed that in the trailer for the documentary the narrator goes through a natural remedy for gut parasite infestations. If it, and others, presented in the doc are actually effective it might make the investment quite worthwhile. I'll probably buy it when I next get paid.
After all this time I finally figured out how to do multiquotes. All the pain I went through doing it in the past the hard way.

Anyways, I agree Eric, I like the idea of it and am only stalling to see if there are other versions out there. Looks like a winner or at least a good start.
It's always nice to see self-sufficiency information passed on.

I grew up learning how to produce or find every kind of food. As a parent, I passed this information on to my children in our own grass-free backyard garden, even though we grew up in an urban environment. There were tons of other urban people who did the same thing. We had community gardens at elementary schools, too, so that children could participate in growing their own food.
Eve, That is where the word Kindergarden came from. Way back in the day the whole idea was considered bad because it was thought that children should be left out of the school environment at such a young age. Kinter garden referred to the fact that the children were only to make a garden. Now the whole thing has gotten out of hand and do-gooders have turned it into some kind of marathon where they want children reading War and Peace by age 5, which of course is not likely to happen but the kids get screwed up instead by it.... Especially boys. OK rant over.

I didn't get this education and see where I missed out.

I had a friend that I used to go for a walk daily and long hikes and cross country ski trips periodically. He was a real farmer born and bred, from Saskatchewan Canada. He would be giving a steady monologue on all the plants and animals. We used to gather moose and caribou droppings for the garden. Especially good for houseplants.

Really appreciated the info until the day he said in front of my wife that it was not such a great idea to use the blender to crush up the moose buttons. He thought it was funny, but I didn't. LOL
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk