Author Topic: Fatty wild fish and vitamin D  (Read 2470 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Fatty wild fish and vitamin D
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:11 am »
I found that I had vitamin D deficiency back in 2008 by experimenting with different supplements. I found that it helped reduce skin problems (I have chronic mild dermatitis and dandruff), tooth plaque, tooth sensitivity, and insomnia, as well as improving my general mood and temperament.

I have found that, as long as I am eating plenty of fatty fish every day, these symptoms don't return. I can go months without needing to supplement. However, they return after just a couple of days if I skip fatty fish.

I had assumed that the levels of vitamin D in fish were too low to really do much, but I think the fact that they are in whole food form increases their usefulness. Certainly the total amount is much lower in fish than in my supplement pills, but the fish works just as well, perhaps even better, in my experience.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Fatty wild fish and vitamin D
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »
I too find a need to eat raw wildcaught seafood, though I wish I could just be allowed to go without a T-shirt in order  to generate  enough vitamin D from the sun, but that would be rather socially unacceptable(!) over here despite my cold-tolerance easily allowing me to do so most of the year if I wanted. The trouble is that in Austria they charge per 100g rather than the kilo for raw seafood because of the huge expense. And while it is a landlocked country, we are connected to the seas/oceans via the Danube and the capital city is only 347 km from the nearest port.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk