Author Topic: hi  (Read 6895 times)

Offline Evil Eye

• Forager
    • View Profile
hi
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »
been lurking off and on for about 3 years..when i first got into all this

when i was  just about 30 years old, i all of a sudden got interested in diet, and spent about a month researching... and experimenting. i landed on super strict zero carb, bear style.. barely cooking the outside. i stuck to this most of the time for about a few years, slowly adding in more dairy.

for the last year i have become a huge milk drinker.  i eat in a feast fast style with one big meal at night... brunch with friends or a really hard manual labor deal will get me eating earlier but for the most part i go all day with no food. i do drink coffee, black or with cream.. through out the day. the milk is not raw. but i am working on getting a good supply. i can get it in my state but it has to be from a farm direct and the closest one to me is over an hour away.

even though i take down a heavy amount of milk carbs(1/2 gallon give or take) at night, i still remain in ketosis. i have no issues with eating beef totally raw and do so a decent amount... but only if its grass fed. when dealing with the other stuff i do a quick sear...  i find that after a while if i havent gotten enough raw animal products i start to get vit c defiant (scurvy) .. yes i had it... i was dating a girl and she was really grossed out by all the raw.. so i started cooking everything.. and hadnt done enough research.. after a while on cooked zero carb i got real deficient ..

no worries, got some raw in me and had a whole bunch of vitimin C, went away real quick. but ya if i dont get enough raw animal products i will do a huge fruit binge.. i mean 100s of grams of carbs..i think of it like what it would of been like if i was in a nomadic pastoral group.. slugging milk.. hunting. and then finding a bunch of berries every now and again..

i havent had much fruit lately though, because i have been so much more mind full of getting enough raw animal foods. i truly believe man is a carnivore and i feel best on raw meat and water. however in that mode.. i lose all my emotion and i no longer get any social value from food.. so i add in dairy and it keep me bubbly so to speak. not to mention my menu options pretty much double when out to eat.. and i use to find myself out to eat 5 or 6 nights a week!! not so much any more, which has been nice. 

milk provides lots of quick easy fats, carbs and proteins.. i dont really need it. i have gone long periods with out. but my body uses it fine. i have the correct genes for it. and like i mentioned i remain in ketosis regardless of dairy carbs.. sour cream, soft cheeses even ice cream. i also can drink light beers with out being kicked out. in my 3plus years of doing this, i have pretty much not eaten any grains. i dont even consider them food. just a drug/poison.. but i do drink them.. hey even the vikings drank! 

i consider my diet, meso ... the next step after paleo.. the in between period right after paleo but before neo. the small window of time where we have mastered the environment, but havent settled down yet. we still hunt and gather, but we have domesticated animals and they provide, food, shelter, stability. and best of all milk! we no longer starve if we cant find food.

since i am pro dairy, the primal diet i relate to a lot, but am also very pro zero carb.. or just carnivore. i dont count carbs.. but i try to go all day with only animal foods and aim to get as much of that as raw as possible..

before you guys get on my case for the dairy.. i know its not optimal, especially the non raw.. i try and get the grass fed homogenized, but i am not picky. i will drink whatever i can get my hands on. i prefer whole. and can drink half and half up to heavy cream no problems.. when in a friends house.. i have been known to take the light cream and skim milk... combine them to make my own whole milk.

i am not afraid of fat. i love rib eyes and could just eat them completely raw for the rest of my life.. if it wasnt for society etc ...i also use to smoke, and i still drink beer...and of course an occasional binge here and there.. still drinking coffee .. but i tend to go in phases with that. i love the feeling of not being addicted to caffeine. energy is sooo much more consistent .. but i also like the jolt in the mourning too, the ritual and sharing a cup with a friend.

heres a picture.. trying to figure out how to make it my profile pic???

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:45:29 am »
It sounds like you may be deficient in magnesium.  Dairy has a LOT of calcium, and not enough magnesium.

Offline Evil Eye

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »
could be, i feel fine though.. i havent been to the doctors in about 12 or so years.. i dont supplement .. 

what do you suggest?? i use to eat(drink) a good amount of raw eggs. maybe more of that?? shellfish perhaps? i eat raw oysters when ever i get the chance and love all types of sashimi.. i feel as if i should be eating more organs .. i do super rare liver at a local restaurant a couple times a year.. dont really care for it.

whenever presented with weird options like beef tonge etc.. i usually go for it. i like doing japenese hot pot and not cooking anything.

but my food choices are pretty much limited to basic grocery store crap and your run of the mill american restaurants.

what would be some signs of magnesium  deficiency???

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:41 am »
Welcome. What state do you live in? You could get raw milk shipped to you. I also have been drinking milk... lately to help mend a broken bone. I still am not sure about it for me, but willing to try. Glad it works for you. It sounds like overall you know what works for you.

Offline Evil Eye

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:43 am »
Massachusetts .. deal here is you cant sell it in stores, but you can get it from farms.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:46:16 am »
could be, i feel fine though.. i havent been to the doctors in about 12 or so years.. i dont supplement .. 

what do you suggest??

what would be some signs of magnesium  deficiency???

The easiest way to check for magnesium deficiency is to supplement with magnesium for a few days. I would start with 1000 milligrams a day for 3 days. If you're deficient, you'll notice specific things getting better.  If you're not deficient, you'll probably just have slightly loose stools for those 3 days.

I use raw dairy, but I also supplement with magnesium, to balance out the calcium. Excess calcium is bad for the cardiovascular system, and there's a lot of heart disease in my family history.

Offline Evil Eye

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:05 am »
can you be a little more specific?? what things would be getting better? ill try the magnesium experiment... and report back in 3 days.. im very anti supplement though... absorption rate is terrible and none of my long lost tribal ancestors used them... of course they didnt drink crappy pasteurized grain fed milk and wernt exposed to current society's pollution... fluoride.. etc 

if i do start noticing a huge change, what is your recommendation for food sources of magnesium???

because vitamins/pills/whatever seems to me to just be another scam.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:58:47 am »
The easiest way to check for magnesium deficiency is to supplement with magnesium for a few days. I would start with 1000 milligrams a day for 3 days. If you're deficient, you'll notice specific things getting better.  If you're not deficient, you'll probably just have slightly loose stools for those 3 days.

I use raw dairy, but I also supplement with magnesium, to balance out the calcium. Excess calcium is bad for the cardiovascular system, and there's a lot of heart disease in my family history.

That's a lot of magnesium! Maybe start with a smaller dose, and make sure it's a good form (chelated/bound to an amino acid or ionic). I mention the form because even at 300 mg of magnesium citrate, I got loose stools. I later tried magnesium chelates and the ionic form, and I could get up to 1,000 mg daily with no loose stools. Indicating that the loose stools were caused by the form I used, not that I had sufficient levels.

Also, it's important to note that calcium has been blamed for the calcification of arteries (heart disease). But it's really a deficiency of Vitamin K2 and the vitamins needed to ensure Vitamin K2 functions optimally. A good read on the subject is "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life," by Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue.

If you're skeptical of supplements, there are "whole food" options for magnesium. Blue Ocean Minerals, and also Trace Minerals Research have ocean water with the sodium removed, leaving a very concentrated dose of magnesium. There are also nuts, some seeds, and other foods. A google search for "magnesium rich foods" should yield some information.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:04:59 am by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 11:15:45 am »
can you be a little more specific?? what things would be getting better? ill try the magnesium experiment... and report back in 3 days.. im very anti supplement though... absorption rate is terrible and none of my long lost tribal ancestors used them... of course they didnt drink crappy pasteurized grain fed milk and wernt exposed to current society's pollution... fluoride.. etc 

if i do start noticing a huge change, what is your recommendation for food sources of magnesium???

There aren't many really good food sources of magnesium.  You can use dolomite.

Offline Evil Eye

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:27 am »
first few links on google lead me to this

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php

hmm

looks like seafood is my best option.. from this list.. dark leafy greens i think do more harm than good.. im very anti fiber..

whole grains/beans/legumes are clearly the worst choices on that list....

low fat dairy .. lol .. better than the fruit/nut options..i suppose with  avocado being the lessor of the fruit evils ..

fruit - natures crack cocaine - and you lose all your teeth just like a meth/crack head.. wonderful .. ya this seems like its meant for us.. LMAO

ill take the dark chocolate over most of these options.. but i dont consider chocolate a food... its more of a drug ...

still got a few more days to go in the experiment... nothing has stuck out so far.. feel the same as before.. stoles maybe a little looser but no huge changes in that aspect..

im doing 2 .. 500 mg a day.. splitting it up.. one on empty stomach .. beginning of day .. one while eating at end of the day.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 09:27:37 am »
fruit is more likely to rot your teeth out if you binge on it.  you are more likely to binge on it if you have an unbalanced diet that causes nutrient deficiencies.  I don't think its something to be afraid of forever, you body will let you know.  but if you are still there, then supplement, but know these are also source: dates and prunes that are dried and soaked and coconut cream.

wild greens are a pretty good source, mallow especially, theres not much evil in it, no oxalates or antinutrients, chew it up, suck down the juice, spit it out, its also got mucilaginous properties, a bit different then fiber, that will coat your guts and help your poops through.  actually anything in the mallow family, like okra is high magnesium.  juice it if you want to get technical., cook some zucchini and drink down the broth, how is that any worse then taking a supplement made in a huge industrial factory? pumpkin seeds are high mag but they also require soaking and sprouting and drying and they are still high fiber.  but its the fiber in pumpkin seeds that make poops epic.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:38:50 am by jessica »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »
im doing 2 .. 500 mg a day.. splitting it up.. one on empty stomach .. beginning of day .. one while eating at end of the day.

What form are you using?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:10 pm »
What form are you using?
Err, looks like Iguana banned him for talking about dope.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 10:48:36 pm »
I unbanned him.

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk